Northcliffe Golf & Country Club

2.6
2.1
1.7
2.3

Northcliffe Golf & Country Club is one of the most beautiful and well maintained golf courses in the San Antonio and New Braunfels area. The par-72 golf course is enjoyable for the average golfer, yet a challenge to the low-handicap players. Lots of water, trees and rolling fairways and greens make Northcliffe Golf & Country Club a fun course to play. Players of all skill levels will find this golf course a challenge. It's the closest course to Retama race track, so you heavy betters can have a full day and night. The Northcliffe Golf & Country Club staff is user friendly and professional.
Northcliffe Golf Club
Scorecard for Northcliffe Country Club
Champions M: 71.3/131 520 120 415 434 365 153 415 330 544 3296 390 172 410 390 150 545 457 187 535 3236 6532
Mens M: 69.5/125 493 98 390 414 345 135 356 309 514 3054 376 158 388 377 130 515 445 147 490 3026 6080
Gold M: 66.4/118 450 98 343 325 319 125 345 275 430 2710 327 137 365 330 97 420 420 121 412 2629 5339
Ladies W: 64.0/113 401 81 272 255 319 125 282 275 352 2362 327 137 301 330 97 380 400 121 360 2453 4815

Year Built 1979
Architect Joe Finger (1979)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed

Don't even bother

Worst golf course I've ever played. The condition of this course will cost you 5-10 atrokes. The greens were worse than putting on irregular shag carpet. The fairways on the front 9 were ok, but the back 9 had huge patches of dirt. The clubhouse offered very little to eat (sodas, gatorade, water, chips, snickers, crackers). I only paid $32 for 2 people and a cart but I feel I might have been ripped off.

Response from Northcliffe Golf & Country Club on 10/15/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Northcliffe Golf & Country Club, in the Guadalupe County area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Getting better every time

I first want to say I totally disagree with the previous review. I played in a golf tournament this last Saturday and over 90% of the golf course was mowed. My hats off to the staff for getting it done even though our area had over 12 inches of rain in the last couple of weeks. This blue-collar golf course will never host a pga event, but it is a great course to have fun and not break your wallet. The staff is the most friendliest people I have encountered in my golf experiences. The last six months has been a major transformation for this course. The fairways are almost all the way back, the greens are green again and I will continue to play here regularly knowing that the pro gave up everything to keep this place open when the previous group was going to close it down. It’s easy to be an internet hater, but if you knew where they were and how far they have come, you would enjoy playing the cliffe and supporting a locally owned course. This is a great deal for only $25. Come see the improvements

Terrible conditions

This course is unplayable. They only keep up the holes that are visible from I-35. The rest of the course is uncut and unkept. DO NOT PLAY HERE.

Response from Northcliffe Golf & Country Club on 09/25/2018:
Hello, on behalf of Northcliffe Golf & Country Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

VERY, VERY Very BAD!

I will never play this course again. No water on course, everything is burnt to the ground. Greens had to be at least 1/2 inch long. My yard is in a lot better shape than the greens are on this course. They should pay you to play this course!!!!!

Don't waste your money, you will be disappointed!

Response from Northcliffe Country Club on 09/04/2018:
Hello Scott, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Northcliffe Country Club, in the San Antonio area. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course but are very sorry to hear that your recent experience with us may have been poor due to the course conditions. We greatly value your feedback and assure you that this is not how we want our golf course to be portrayed. We hope that you will give us another chance as we work towards making the necessary improvements to the course to better your experience with us. Again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again soon.

Terrible

The course is in really bad shape, from the fairways to the greens. Not worth playing no matter how cheap it is.

Response from Northcliffe Country Club on 08/30/2018:
Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Northcliffe Country Club. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Guadalupe County area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

We’ll worth the cost!

Cons:

The course still needs to have more grass on the fairways. The some greens are in need of de-weeding. A couple of the signs that point to the next hole were confusing! Several fairways have a lot of potholes. And most sand traps need to be re-worked

Pros:

The online price of $25 plus $2.50 per person for booking fees are some of the lowest anywhere a round in the San Antonio area. That’s why we booked a 7:15am tee-time. But the Best part was yet to come! When we got to the course the manager/owner David told us that since booked a tee-time between 6:30-8:30am our cost would be only $15 plus $2.40 per person! This fee was not just good for the day we played, but it is good for EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK between 6:30-9:30am !! So if I were you, I would play this course at least once to ck it Out. What have you got to lose? $17.40 IS well WORTH the COST of a see ń PLAY!!! Dr Candelario Huerta

Response from Northcliffe Country Club on 08/22/2018:
Thank you for coming out to Northcliffe CC and for leaving us with you honest feedback. We are glad to see that you recommend us! We will keep working to improve the conditions as the seasons change, and we hope to have you back again sometime soon.

Worst course I played ever in my life

Course is I worst condition. Worst experience of my life. Fairways are poor, greens are not maintained all.

Management should close it down..

Golf now should take it off it’s list.

Bad name for the Golf now to get associated with this course.

Response from Northcliffe Country Club on 08/22/2018:
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with the conditions. We also are concerned at the one star ratings for all of the other aspects, and we are willing to hear any feedback that you might have for those features as we are always looking to improve.

Dead Fairways

Greens are pretty bad fairways are real dry. Really need water

Response from Northcliffe Country Club on 08/01/2018:
Thank you for coming out again to Northcliffe Country Club and for leaving us another review. We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with the conditions. We will keep working hard to keep the course in shape, and hopefully the weather will cooperate to bring the best out of the course.

Have used Golfnow several but it the first time I was charged twice! Once on the 8th and again on the 9th. Hopefully this will be taken care of!

Poorly maintained

The greens were weeds and bare spots everywhere. The fairways were burned, basically playing on dirt and rock.

Mowers needed

Many years ago this was a good course. The bunkers are overgrown with grass. Hard to find your golf ball if hit anywhere close to them. Green are very bumpy fairways are thin. Money must be spent to have golfers come back. $15 is cheap but you get what you pay for. Sorry about this review.

Response from Northcliffe Golf & Country Club on 07/05/2018:
Hello Dano, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Northcliffe Golf & Country Club, in the Texas Guadalupe County area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Terrible Shape

Not worth the drive or money. Greens were trashed, fairways were just as bad.

Response from Northcliffe Golf & Country Club on 06/26/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Northcliffe Golf & Country Club. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff. Thank you for your choosing our course, in the Cibolo, Texas area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

NOT A REAL COURSE

If you have bothered coming this far to find out if you want to play here, just stop and find another course. I went against my better judgement and experienced by FAR the worst kept course I have ever been on. The staff was friendly, and I thought one was joking when he said, “You’ll notice a huge difference on the greens today! We just got a new mower to knock the heads off the weeds!” This course is sub par for even inexperienced poor golfers. There are better options. Any amount you pay is a waste of money.

Response from Northcliffe Golf and Country Club on 06/22/2018:
We are always looking to improve and appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course. We thank you gain for sharing you concerns, and we will keep working to have the golf course in top shape.

Poor Greens

All of the greens had some type of weed growing in them. Most greens needed to be mowed. The grass on the greens was over an inch high. Friendly staff.

Response from Northcliffe Golf and Country Club on 06/22/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our greens. We will make sure to continue to work to improve the condition of our golf course. We are happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly. We greatly value everyone’s customer experience. Thanks again for leaving us a review, and we hope to see you out here again soon.

I'm rooting for them

This course is in the process of being rescued from an investment group who walked away from it. The conditions are not good, but rather than pile on with negative reviews I'd encourage people to consider if they want Northcliffe to join the long list of courses that have closed down? I drove an hour to play there, and had a good time. They have some significant work to do in order to get the course up to average conditions, but what is there today provides an opportunity to hit some shots, have some fun, and play conditions that are more like those that early golfers played on. The skeleton of a decent golf course exists there, and a good time can be had by those looking to practice, introduce someone to the game, or have a low pressure game. I hope people continue to give the course management a chance to keep the lights on and try to resurrect it.

Response from Northcliffe Golf and Country Club on 06/22/2018:
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your dedication to coming out and playing our course. We will continue to work on our course conditions to ensure that there are great times in the future, and we would look forward to seeing you out here again.

Traps are being re-done

They are starting to re-do the traps and the Greens are coming in

Getting Better

The course has been very much improved since the last time I played here. The Greens are really coming in

Greens are horrible

Not sure what they’re doing to greens and it’s like really really bad

The Greens Are Looking Good

I came to the this course in Oct, Since Dave Roberts has taken over he is slowly getting the course better, the greens are coming along great, its take time for this to happen, it cant come overnight. Ive been very happy with this course since been here for the 1st time since Oct.

New Braunfels, Texas