Sterling Hills Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Architect Graves Pascuzzo

Dress code Appropriate golf attire is required. Blue jeans, cutoff pants, athletic shorts, swim suits and jogging clothes are not considered proper attire

California Advisor

Sterling Hills

Rode the Blues (6395/71.1/127) in 4H, 15M mid morning with John, Mark and Mike for the very competitive GK Cup final match. We played in overcast and windy conditions with temps around 70. Thanks to John for coordinating and to Sterling Hills for hosting the GK Cup Final.

Decent par 71 layout overall with many fun/interesting golf holes up/down rolling hills. The course had good coverage and was in what I would call normal winter condition.

Tees were semi lush and only the par 3's needed divot repair.

Fairways had good coverage and were decent, semi lush.

Rough here has good coverage but is a mixture of grasses.

Traps were in decent condition with dark brown sand.

Greens were the best part of the course. Undulating and firm, but they still held full shots well. Quick today, tough to get chips and lag putts to stop around many hole locations. Our group had numerous downhill putts lip out or seem like they were well judged for pace only to have 6', 8' or more coming back by the time they finally stopped.

Customer service very good from all encountered. Cart gal around numerous times and the snack shop has good food at reasonable prices. Basic carts do not have GPS. Driving range on mats. Recommended.

Commented on 01/22/2020

Hi nickesquire. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Sterling Hills Golf Club.

Commented on 01/22/2020

Hi u000004702013. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club.

Nice course not too challenging

I enjoyed this course. It was in good condition and the greens were excellent. Very undulating though. They were the most challenging part of the course. Not too long from the white tees if you’re not a long hitter. Great blend of short and longer par fours. The par fives are a little short but fun. I don’t really need 560 yard par fives in my life anyhow lol! Every person there including the guys I ended up playing with as a single couldn’t have been nicer. I like to play fast so I’ll try to be fair about pace of play. We played as a threesome and waited on most shots. It was approximately 4.5 hours which isn’t horrible. I’d prefer to get around in closer to 4 for a threesome if not less. It didn’t seem too crowded so a ranger may have helped shave some time but was not to be found. Honestly, I was enjoying myself and the weather so much, it didn’t matter. Nice course and worth a try.

Commented on 01/16/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us Nick3178598. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Sterling Hills Golf Club thanks you!

Good course for a great price.

Great deals for golf and lunch. The course isn’t in the best condition, but I love the layout. It has great potential. The greens are in great condition!

Commented on 01/09/2020

Hi Amedee42. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Sterling Hills Golf Club!

Best greens for less green.

We found the course to be in good shape. If you guys remember 3 years ago it was a cow pasture. They have elevated it to on a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it a good 7 to 8 which is damm good for public course.

My overall recommendation is keep strong you guys you doing a Fantastic job.

Commented on 01/06/2020

Hi bushla. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Sterling Hills Golf Club!

Commented on 01/02/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, heimm. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Commented on 12/30/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Sterling Hills Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Nice Outing

Sterling is always a good value. My $55 included a cart, a small bucket of balls, and choice of any item from the lunch menu. I chose the Philly Cheese Steak which listed for over $10. Truly a good value for weekend play.

Commented on 01/02/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us u000005864992. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Sterling Hills Golf Club thanks you!

Always good

Really good conditions given all the rain yesterday. I’ve played this course many times but recently they have seemed to really be on top of the course condition. It’s part of our rotation and will continue to be.

Commented on 12/06/2019

u303712984, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club!

Work in progress

Tee boxes fairways a bit rough. Traps filled with water or muddy.
Greens sanded and mini punched.
Love the reseeding and landscaping that’s been done. Keep up the work!
Over and under on very good conditions: May 2020.
Hopefully

Commented on 12/05/2019

Hi frankdoe49! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Wet turkey day

Every year we played for Thanksgiving this year wet windy and cold but had a great time with family

Commented on 12/02/2019

Awesome Greens

Rode the blues Sunday morning, POP 5 hours. Tees, fairways and rough average. Sand traps above average. The greens all around might be the best for a municipal course that I’ve ever played on. They rolled true and held shots. Great value for the GOLFNOW Hot Deal, recommended.

Commented on 11/26/2019

Hi jasonburcham. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Sterling Hills Golf Club.

David & Curtis

Great course and fun to play. Greens are gorgeous and very challenging.
Best deal in our area. 18 holes of golf, free range balls and lunch during the week for only $43!! Unbelievable deal
for us retired golfers. Employees in pro shop and restaurant were very professional and friendly. Tee em
Up, ready to go play again very soon!!

Commented on 11/26/2019

Hi LWrO2O8UprvsuTeX3855. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Sterling Hills Golf Club!

New shots, new friends

I play a lot of golf as a single player and therefore meet a lot of new golfers who become friends for four or five hours. My new buddies Ron and Jericho joined me for a wonderful round of golf. I now consider Sterling Hills a friend as I have now played this outstanding venue four or five times. Great greens that are a challenge, warm friendly staff, and an outstanding value for money spent. Can’t have too many friends.

Commented on 11/26/2019

Hi u8756883. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Sterling Hills Golf Club!

Course is in good shape

Greens are especially good and running faster than normal

Commented on 11/19/2019

Hi Mike. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Sterling Hills Golf Club.

Usually enjoy playing this course. Yesterday an extreme Santa Ana condition and no electricity in the club house or coffee shop or bath rooms.

Wind mad the course almost impossible to play but we finished and none of us had a round we wee happy with.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Hello William1310117. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Nice and challenging

Good layout. Fairways are a little hairy. Bunkers are consistently inconsistent. Greens are solid and tricky! Winds can definitely make this course start to get real long. Good value. I’ll definitely be back

Commented on 10/24/2019

Hi ludwig5050. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Sterling Hills Golf Club.

A qualified "no" to recommending the course to others

We drive from Santa Barbara to Ventura to play a lot of the courses, but we haven't come to Sterling in awhile because the course was not in good shape (better now), but mainly because of slow play. Got a deal on Golf Now, so we thought we'd try it again. The marshals don't enforce slow play, and we had another 5.5 hour round. Ugh! I like the course but my friends don't want to come back due to the slow play. 2 groups were waiting and one group was just coming up to the tee box ,on the par 3 8th, for example. There is no excuse for that! We play all the other courses in Ventura and Ojai and never have to play that slow, ever! But always at Sterling. The free beer was a nice touch though. Thanks

Commented on 10/17/2019

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

ok

terrible course conditions.. Very hard and dry fairways they let the course go after new ownership and it's been like this for almost a year. Don't except good conditions.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Hello nhlplayer11. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Fairways needs some attention

Sterling Hills is on some of Southern California’s best real estate. The views of surrounding Camarillo are fantastic. the weather is unbelievably good. The Tee boxes are top notch, as are the greens, that said the fairways need some attention. Some of the fairway space is muddy, & a bit patchy. The staff is very friendly & realistically $43 a person for 18 holes, cart & lunch plus a small bucket to warm up is a pretty sweet deal! Sterling Hills is worth your attention. A strong B+ A-.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Hi bowtie409! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Somis, California
Santa Paula, California
Port Hueneme, California
3.6199058824

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.