Looking back from a green at Sterling Hills Golf Club.

Sterling Hills Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Architect Damian Pascuzzo (1999) Robert Muir Graves (1999)

Carts Yes - $15

Dress code Appropriate golf attire is required. Blue jeans, cutoff pants, athletic shorts, swim suits and jogging clothes are not considered proper attire

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Really nice GC.

Greens are in great shape. Greens plays like a Links coarse. A joy to play

Commented on 07/10/2020

Hi Anthony7452547. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Sterling Hills Golf Club!

Commented on 07/06/2020

Hi shankarrao. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club.

Course keeps getting better

Ive played this course in many different shapes. This is the best its been in a long time. The new owners are really trying to produce the quality of course that is should be. Im sure over time the more expensive items such as golf carts will be upgraded but for now they work just fine. I will be playing here two more time in the coming weeks.

Commented on 06/25/2020

Thank you for your review, jkenyon21. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Sterling Hills Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 06/19/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Sterling Hills Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Out to golf

The staff were very helpfully and courteous .course was in good condition ,and pace of play very
good.

Commented on 06/16/2020

Your feedback is important to us, berniebear. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club.

This course is a challenging course with multiple tees to play from.
It is getting better ALL the time, improvements going daily!
Great course, great value !!

Commented on 06/16/2020

Kensr, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club.

Course in better shape than in the past

They are trying to keep the greens and rough in good shape, and it shows.

Commented on 06/16/2020

Thank you for your review, u000003321402. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Sterling Hills Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hidden gem

Had 6:14 am tee time and teed off st the exact time. Though it was early, the greens had been manicured. Some of the greens have been recently airated so it was a liittle bumpy. In a couple this will be excellent and it will feel like putting in glass

Commented on 06/04/2020

Golf

Terrible place to play courses of very back in this and don't waste your time very slow

I love this course!!!!

I have been coming here for about a year now. I just love the staff and love playing here.

Everyone is always super nice and helpful and it's been kind of fun walking the course now. I would definitely recommend this course to everyone :)

Commented on 06/05/2020

Hi u314160037867. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Sterling Hills Golf Club!

Physically impaired

My wife and I, in our early 70s, showed up for our start time. Since I have 5 artificial joints I thought maybe I could ride in a cart however I was told that all the carts were out with the physically impaired using them ok we are prepared to walk. It didn’t take long to realize that anybody that asked was given a golf cart. And true they had none left. I have never seen so many amazingly healthy physically impaired golfers in my life. And I am talking about early 20s etc. we actually had a 4sum go around us because we weren’t fast enough walking as they were in 4 carts. I know that the pro shop and starters doing a great job and it is hard to deal with the younger obnoxious Golfers. It is still a nice course and my wife and I will give it a try again maybe the health department will realize how stupid these rules are for a game played out doors.

Commented on 06/01/2020

Hi u000005136343. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Sterling Hills Golf Club.

Commented on 05/29/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Sterling Hills Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

The golf course is well maintained. The green are perfect very hole. Pace of play was 4hrs and 45 mins walking. Most of players walked. The pin location was fair. I would play this course again.

Commented on 05/27/2020

Hi u813707893. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club.

A great surprise in Camarillo

I had seen Sterling Hills on the map for years, but never ventured out to play it. Noone I knew had ever played it, so I didn't want to be the first to drive over an hour to be disappointed.

That all changed today. At a HotDeal of $30 for a morning 18 I decided to risk it, and boy was I pleasantly surprised.

Sterling Hills is a GREAT layout! While it does meander through a housing community, it hardly feels like your textbook "development" course. Elevated tee shots, countoured greens, and just in general holes that can be played in a multitude of ways made for an experience that i will undoubtedly look to relive in a very near future.

If live in the area, you probalby want this place to remain "hidden". But if you're in SB or LA, you will definitely want to venture out to experience Sterling Hills for yourself.

Commented on 05/22/2020

Hi mrkunis. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club.

Losing that loving feeling

Sterling has always been one of my favorites. I used to call it a public country club course. But with the Covid-19 two month break and getting back to the course reopening it appears there is a fair amount of maintenance overlooked. I know it can get expensive but the course overall looks dried out. Need more water or feed for the grass to liven it up. Lots of weedy patches in areas that used to be beautiful fairways and scenic greenways. Hope this formerly magnificent specimen to Camarillo paradise isn't heading the way of another public course in town that has been hijacked by someone more interested in development revenue than green space.
Staff is still the best. They are accommodating and try really hard to make up for the loss of former benefits temporarily closed because of Covid-19 issues.

Commented on 05/19/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Great greens

Walked the blues, POP 4 hours 15 minutes. Checkin was easy, tee boxes level. Good coverage on the fairways. Nice soft sand in the traps. Greens were in excellent condition. Course is in the best shape I’ve ever seen it.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us jasonburcham. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Sterling Hills Golf Club thanks you!

Golf now sucks

Woke up today at 6:45 for my 840 teatime with an email that says they have canceled my teatime that I’ve made two weeks ago and completely ruined my day golf now is the worst app in the world

Commented on 05/05/2020

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. It seems this was a tech issue with GolfNow. Please do not let this tarnish your expectations when you think about playing Sterling Hills! Feel free to contact them and they should be able to assist you further. Thanks!

Hidden gem

Play here few times a year, always well maintained.

Commented on 05/05/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us Ivyman. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Sterling Hills Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 05/05/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, uKBDF4463KB! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Sterling Hills Golf Club!

Somis, California