A view of the clubhouse at Hawk's Creek Golf Club

Type Public/Municipal
Hawks Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1923
Greens MiniVerde Grass
Architect John Colligan (2002) Colligan Golf Design (2014)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Sunny Friday at Hawk's Creek

First, it is always really nice to play at a well maintained course. Everything looked the way it should be for a golf course, the fairway grass was cut to the right length, trees and bushes were trim back, the greens while recently aerated were still good and the grass was grass not weeds, the sand was sand, not dirt etc. We enjoyed the layout of the course very much, the challenges of going down hill, up hill and avoiding various water hazards and hedgerows. I do want to mention the cart girls who were very friendly and were willing to engage us in conversation. It was very nice. All in all, I enjoyed playing there yesterday and I look forward to playing there again.

Ahead of the curve

Course was coming out of aeration and great to play..

Silence Dogood

The course was in very good shape (although the greens had been airated recently). The clubhouse is the nicest I've seen. Very interesting holes. One of my favorite courses.

No restrictions here

Played this morning. Greens were worked on 9 days ago i was told but were still ok shape. oddly enough though my coworker and I were encouraged to ride in the same cart together. We were a bit uncomfortable about the idea so we took separate carts and teed off. we arrived to #3 tee box only to find a FIVE SOME playing in front of us, and they were ELDERLY gentlemen at that.

Enjoyed the round, course was in pretty decent conditions, odd that there were no bunker rakes ( there are a lot of bunkers here) but the golf course staff is as relaxed as ever.

we will be back soon to play it when things normal out.

No silly restrictions here

we will be back soon to play it when things normal out.

Commented on 05/19/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Tough day on a great course

Course prepping for June so both greens and fairways aerated...Even so, great track although wind a killer. Can't wait to return in about 2 weeks when grass fills in.

Great course for the money

Course layout and the heritage with the brick building and bridges is just gorgeous. They had just aerated the whole course but even so played well besides a few bad bounces here and there. I’ll definitely be back.

Hawks creek

2nd time walking here, course is in good shape as always. Course is good for walking, however no flags to shoot at we did the 2 putt rule. I'll be glad when this covid 19 sham is over and they open the restaurant again. Hawks creek has some of the best food of any course in the metroplex.

Commented on 05/07/2020

We are so glad you enjoy our food and course, we cannot wait to get back to it as well. For the time being though, we really appreciate your patience and understanding as we all navigate through these tough times. Health and safety are a top priority, and we hope to have you back again soon!

Commented on 05/07/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Espaillat! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Hawk's Creek Golf Club!

No Pins

Played for the first time and really enjoyed the course. Greens rolled great and coursebwasbin great condition. Didn't like that they didn't have pins or flags in to identify hole placement. Quarantine conditions.

Commented on 05/07/2020

We appreciate your patience with us during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are working hard to ensure safety and well-being of all. We hope to see you back here soon!

When booking the course, I had no warning that there were no flags.

Commented on 05/07/2020

Thanks for letting us know, we will implement changes to ensure everyone is informed of temporary regulations before their round. We hope to see you back here soon!

NO FLAGS............

Could have been a great round, but it's hard no playing with flags. Something I think should have been on Golf Now web site... Course has no flags. I guess that's a killer for booking tee times, because had I known I would not have booked a TEE TIME. Worse time I have ever had on a golf course. Will not recommend it to know one....

Commented on 04/27/2020

Hi rbcook. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. We are doing the best we can with the current restrictions in place during COVID-19, and we appreciate your patience and cooperation with us during this time. Safety and the well being of everyone is our top priority, and we are working hard to ensure this is maintained. Thanks for visiting Hawk's Creek Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

The Good, the Bad, and the COVID.

The Good: This was the first time in 10 years that I had returned to play Hawks Creek. (Trying to figure out what took so long). The course layout is a hidden gem. Conditions were great w/ exception of below.

The Bad: Due to city restrictions, no pins were installed on the greens (holes are there somewhere, (still looking), no carts (which is actually a great thing. This course is a gem to walk).

The Ugly" Covid. Once over, this course will be on my routinely visited list.

Bring your cart, and enjoy this awesome course!

Commented on 05/07/2020

Wow! Thanks so much for the kind words! We love having you here, and appreciate your patience and understanding with us during this pandemic. We cannot wait to get back to normal too, and look forward to having you back soon!

Wonderful golf course

Thank you for providing a much needed brief departure from the reality of dealing with the the COVID dilemma!. I enjoyed a safe, and relaxed day to alleviate stress and get some fresh air and exercise! The course was in Great shape!

Commented on 04/24/2020

We're so glad you were able to come out to the course and enjoy a safe round! We look forward to having you back here again soon!

Awesome place to enjoy the golf and the scenery

I really enjoyed a day off of work in a really nice serene and enjoyable golf course. The golf shop and all water stations were closed due to COVID so can't rate any of that but certainly can’t hold that against this place. Even walking finished in 3.5 hours, exhausted. Not in good enough shape for that but.. Every part of course is in pretty great shape. Tees, fairways, greens and landscape were really close to perfect. Awesome day.

Commented on 04/27/2020

We're so glad you could take some time off work to enjoy a round at our course. Thanks so much for your patience with us during this time, as safety and the well being of all is our top priority. Hope to see you on your next day off!

Commented on 04/22/2020

Thanks for the 5 star rating!

Good time.

Had to walk. No carts unless you bring your own cart. Two-some kept play prompt and easy to play.

Commented on 04/21/2020

Thanks for rating us and coming out to the course! Looking forward to seeing you back soon.

The only problem was the restrooms on the course was locked due to virus.

Commented on 04/21/2020

Thanks for your patience with us during this time, and we're glad you came out to the course!

Just Dandy!

I played this course a while back and I’m just now leaving a review. I am sure the course is just the same as I left it a month ago. Beautiful! I love this course and will enjoy playing it as long as I’m in the DFW area. Challenging, just the way I like it! The greens aren’t too difficult and they run smoothly. I recommend the course to anyone when I talk about golf, it’s my #1 in the area. At least for now, I’m still trying out other courses. If you can find a hot deal for a decent price and you haven’t played it, DO IT!

Valid dates: May 05, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020