2.6
2.3

Type Semi-Private/Resort

Year Built 1975
Architect Jay Riviere

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Spa

19th Hole Specials 12

Not appropriately priced for it's condition.

Played here for the first time this weekend and was not impressed. It is not a "bad" course by any means, but I did not feel like the posted rates adequately represented it's condition. It had not rained for a few days, but the fairways were shaggy, uneven and laden with crab grass and ant beds. The rough as well as the fringes around some of the greens and bunkers was thick bladed grass akin to St. Augustine, filled with weeds. The greens were slow to the point of being unpredictable. The bunkers were filled with debris and many of them had sprigs of grass growing up through them. One thing I did like about this course was the layout. There were many fun and challenging holes that featured sharp dog legs, elevation changes, strategically placed water features, fairways and approaches tightened by trees, as well as a handful of risk/reward blind approaches. This course is a shot maker's dream. I honestly feel like it is an okay-ish course that could be great if better maintained, or just adequately priced.

Terrible day

I’ve played this course numerous times over the years and have seen it in all types of conditions. So, after several years I thought I would give the course another opportunity. What a waste of $, even at $26.
The tee boxes were horrible on many of the holes, bare spots in many areas in the fairways. Don’t get me started with the greens. I don’t know who thought it would be a good idea to saturate them before morning play. Putting through puddles it seemed like until they dried out.
The worst part of the day was playing behind a group of 5. Who were terrible. No course etiquette. Round ended up lasting 4.5 hours, way too long for this course. No marshal.

Solid

Very solid choice for the price and usually open availability. Greens are solid for the most part, roll very slow though. Fairways are hit or miss, some bad spots some gray spots. Houses don’t really play a factor, back 9 has no houses for most part. All in all, solid course for the price. Nothing special

Commented on 07/30/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Red Wolf Golf Resort. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Get what you pay for

Greens ran fairly true, although a bit slow. Soft and receptive to approach shots. Course set up can make you think on the tee box. Fairways were brown, rough so thick you can lose a ball that just runs off the fairway. Last played the course 15 years ago, not sure I’ll be back any time soon.

Commented on 07/30/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Red Wolf Golf Resort. We hope to see you again in the future.

Good Value Round

First off, this course is great to play for the price. The shots you get to play/practice make it a high value play.

Conditions: fairways are a little rough and inconsistent. There are bare spots that are very thing, and there are thick spots you’d almost consider rough at other courses. Greens were surprisingly receptive and still soaked fro.m watering so approach shots stuck well! Greens rolled a little slow both times I played although they were a bit faster this last time.

Pace: got around in under 4 hours. There was a junior tourney today but that didn’t hinder pace very much.

Staff: always friendly and helpful before getting the round started. A little disappointed there’s no beverage cart on course but not a big deal.

Overall a great place to play. Friendly staff who don’t act inconvenienced like that of the other course down the road.

Commented on 07/25/2019

Thank you for such a great review. We have plans to constantly improve the current conditions of our golf course. This will ensure that the fairways and greens are pure throughout the year. Thank you for playing Red Wolf Golf Resort!

Nice course and lush greens

The course was nice, but the players are rude. I think the Marshall could have done a better job of staggering the starts.

Commented on 07/22/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Red Wolf Golf Resort!

Pretty good

Shot terrible but it was fun and there are some really challenging holes here.

Commented on 07/23/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Red Wolf Golf Resort.

Commented on 07/16/2019

We want to hear more about your experience with us! Our team looks forward to seeing you again soon at Red Wolf Golf Resort!

A great round of golf!

Had a great time playing golf, and pro at the pro shop was exceptional!

Commented on 07/15/2019

Thank for rating us 5 stars. We are happy that you had a great time at our golf course. Our team hopes to see you again at Red Wolf Golf Resort!

great with one problem

First time to play this course.We were a threesome, a 3 hcper. a 7 and i am a 13. The staff (Austin) was excellent, friendly and Megan in the grill was just a nice. We had a 10:30 t time and the course was not crowded so we got off 15 minutes early. The fairways were decent for texas in the summer and the greens were full , but a little slow(@ 8 on the stimpmeter). Our problem came on #7 when we caught up to a 5 some. we played back enough so that we wouldn't crowd them expection "Normal" golf players to let us by soon (there was no one in front of them).On #12 (par 3) we drove up as they were loading up to leave the t box and they didn't even acknowledge us much less allow us (a threesome) to play thru. I,m sure these were course players but i am ashamed to call them golfers when they act like that. I will not be back because if it were to happen again, i am afraid that we would be as pleasant.

Commented on 07/16/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable. We try to make sure the pace of play is consistent throughout the day. We hope that you give us another try as we aim to provide an excellent level of service to all our golfers at Red Wolf Golf Resort.

First timer

First time playing the course. Fairway is good. Green is a bit slow and soft. Morning is the best time, not too hot.

Commented on 07/09/2019

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Red Wolf Golf Resort. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Better Condition than before

Course was in good condition and improved over the previous time playing it. Greens in good shape with soft landings and leaving deep ball marks.

Commented on 07/03/2019

We are so happy to see that you had a positive experience on the course. Thank you for leaving us a review, and we hope to have you back soon!

Red Wolf

First four or five greens were shaggy, got pretty good after that. Played Blues and it was a challenge.

Commented on 07/03/2019

Thank you for the review! We appreciate feedback from our golfers, and we are so happy to see that you enjoyed yourself.

Course

Played this course many times before, the greens are in good condition. The fairways are just average, not enough grass and to many weeds. The bunkers are in the best shape I have seen. If the fairways get corrected I will play there more.

Commented on 06/10/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Great value, Good course

Course condition was good. Greens are growing in, were slow due to thickness. Bunkers still need some work. Staff very friendly, first time I saw a cart girl on the course. Overall great value, good course. Played it for over 30 years. 45 minute drive for me, but I will continue to come back.

Commented on 06/10/2019

Commented on 05/30/2019

Hey there! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Red Wolf Golf Resort.

RWR 5/14/19

Course in good condition for the amount of rain the area received in the past week or two.

Commented on 05/20/2019

Hi there! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Red Wolf Golf Resort.

New management don't like golfnow....

The gentleman behind the desk was rude, he told me "you are using a golfnow special and by letting you play here we don't make any money, it's a good deal for you but not for us"
I was shocked..

Commented on 05/06/2019

Thank you for leaving us a review. We value your input and we are going to take note of this moving forward. We will make sure this information gets relayed. Thanks for visiting Red Wolf Golf Resort. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 04/15/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Humble, Texas