Type Military

The Randolph Oaks Golf Course is an 18-hole course that provides 7,172 yards of championship golf located only thirty minutes from downtown. After a much-needed update, the course now boasts renovated greens and sand traps that provide more challenge than the original design.

It is an enjoyable course to walk, making it a good option for juniors and seniors. The layout features a cut of rough around the greens, which have several breaks in them that make them pretty tricky. There are also numerous strategically placed sand bunkers. Randolph Oaks is open year-round and it also offers a lighted driving range with putting greens for golfers to get some extra practice.

Randolph Oaks Golf Course

Year Built 1950
Architect Joe Finger Perry Maxwell (1950) Press Maxwell (1950)

Caddies Yes

Fivesomes Allowed No. Only with permission.
Dress code Collared Shirt, No Cutoffs, Denim OK

Fantastic shape

Haven’t been here in years but the course was in great shape. Had a great time!

Always taken care of

This course is always taken care of and pace of play is always pretty quick.

Frustrating Day

I went to the main gate 30 minutes before my tee time and was redirected to a different military welcome center for an entry pass. The Welcome Center personnel were not very helpful in guiding me. I was told the issuer of the pass, whom I had to email, was out of his office. After 2 hours of frustration (many hoops to jump), I gave up and came home.
I discovered after returning home Golf Now posted "in fine print" the way to get on the base to play.
I tried to get a "raincheck" from Golf Now but my email was sent back.

Great shape right now

For the price you can't beat it. Greens and fairways are looking good.

Nice surprise

Course was in excellent shape tee to green. Fairways were smooth and putting surfaces rolled true. Speed was very controllable.
Staff was friendly and helpful. Pace of play was about 4 hrs, not bad for a weekend afternoon. Look forward to returning

Excellent condition

Greens are outstanding. Fairways as well. Snack bar is something to be desired.. closes too early. Ensure you get food prior to the round starting after 12pm, they close.

Excellent value overall.

Close to home

I really enjoy playing this course. I seem to almost always have a good round here. The pro shop staff are always kind and helpful. I take my friends to play as well.

Hot day at Randolph Oaks

The Fairways are in the best condition I ever seen and I have been playing the course off and on for over 20 years. The greens were punched within the last couple of weeks but were rolling true, they will be outstanding in a few more days. Even with the 110 degree heat index it was a great round of golf...I will be playing the Oaks more often.

Another great SA golf experience

Beautiful weather contributed to excellent condition on this golf course. Be advised that this is in the confines of the Rondolph AFB and a pass is required to get in. It only took us 24 hrs advanced notice so no big issue well worth the time.

A Fun Little Challenge

I was pleasantly surprised to find an incredible layout and well run golf course on Randolph AF Base. The course was in excellent shape for all the wet weather we've had lately. The greens were in great shape for this time of the year. I'll be back!

GOlf round

Course was very wet so Cart path only led to a 4:45 round of golf. Greens were good, fairways average but the value was excellent. A very nice layout with a very friendly staff.

Great Course, Slow Pace, Closes Early

Loved the driving range and practice area. Started about 15 minutes late, which sometime happens. Loved the course layout. Excellent greens. TERRIBLE pace of play: finished 9 holes in 2 hours 45 minutes and 18 holes in 5 HOURS AND 30 MINUTES!!!--which is ONE reason why I choose the OPTION "Would You Recommend This Course To A Friend? No." Maybe if you play during the week, pace of play would be better. This was my first time playing this course. Though I walked, a couple of guys in our group rode a cart (included in Hot Deal). While we were playing the 17th hole, a staff member drove up on a cart and told those guys that they had to return the cart to the pro shop RIGHT NOW, their round in the middle of the 17th fairway!!! If I had ridden a cart, I would have been really mad. What's worse: when I arrived back at the pro shop after the round, there were still two trains of cart waiting for staff to drive them back to the cart barn!!! So, those guys in our group could have finished their round and still had the cart back to the pro shop on time to join the train!!! This is the SECOND reason why I choose the OPTION "Would You Recommend This Course To A Friend? No." Finally, I was told that the snack bar and bar close at 2pm. That means, with the slow pace of play, you can't even tee off at 11:30am, play only 9 holes, and then make it back to the snack bar before it closes.--which is the THIRD reason why I choose the OPTION "Would You Recommend This Course To A Friend? No." I hope this review helps you know what to expect if you book a Hot Deal at this course.

No access for non-military personnel

We could no access the golf course, which happens to be INSIDE a military base !

Course review

Fantastic value for the money.. greens and fairways in excellent condition for this time of year

Sunday 12/9/18

You can’t just roll up & play. I passed muster & received a pass to get on base a week earlier. All went well. The course is fine, tough par threes but no real memorable holes. Relatively flat and could you people fix a divot or two? May have gotten lucky as there were not many folks here for one on a Sunday, pace was great. Would not be. Hard walk. I’ll be back.

A very good course

Randolph Oaks is on Randolph Air Force Base so it is not accessible unless you have privileges to enter the base, or are a guest of someone that can enter, and then actually play at the course.

The White tee box is 6700 yards. That is challenge enough for me at a 13.2 handicap and 62 years old.

There are plenty of holes that require accuracy. Water, bunkers, tree lines, dog legs, elevations. The course has it all.

The Pro Shop is well stocked and the people working there are very friendly. The food available is a wide range of variety and I always found it to be very good.

Good course for the money

Course is not long, but several holes have narrow fairways. Greens are good, with several plateaued & all are undulating. You have to have military ID or be a guest to play( and get on the base)

Windcrest, Texas
Cibolo, Texas
New Braunfels, Texas

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.