The Club at Rebecca Creek

Singles allowed: Yes
Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Discover and AMEX Welcomed

Champions 72 7074 yards 73.5 129

Located at the heart of the Texas Hill Country, the Course at the Club at Rebecca Creek sprawls across gently rolling terrain dappled with mature oak trees. The golf course has had several different iterations over the years, it was formerly known as Rebecca Creek and until 2013 it was the Hawk at Rebecca Creek. There were several green and fairway improvements before it reopened under its new name. The course stretches to over 7,000 yards from the back tees and there are some tough holes but overall it's a golf course that players of all skill levels will enjoy. Trees line the fairways and there are some subtle but tricky changes in elevation. In addition to the course, there is also a driving range and practice green available.

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for beginners locals seniors   Challenges include narrow fairways undulating greens elevation changes   Great for patio dining drinks

"A Hidden Gem in the Texas Hill Country"

TxRed's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2017

A buddy of mine and I played this course after a 2 month break. We were looking for something that wouldn't break the bank, or our score with a short break from the game. I did a little research and found that this course has a new water contract to the overall condition has improved greatly from a few years ago when I previously played.

We had a 10:30 tee time, but got there an hour early to practice. We were greeted with a beyond friendly clubhouse staff and asked us if we wanted to tee off at 9:45. We declined and stuck with our original tee time. Additionally, the practice range was closed, but they said they would open it up for us.

We casually hit some balls, the condition of the range was obvious that it was coming back from some serious lack of water. Overall, we had a great time practicing before our tee time.

Before we knew it, it was 10:30 and we headed off to the first tee. The first tee is a bit tricky to find, and the layout of the front 9 are very close together. There is 0 sand on the course, but the fairways are very narrow. It reminded us out a links type course. The fairways were overall good, a few weeds, but we were never hitting off any dirt, it was always grass that was nicely mowed. The back 9 opens up and you have large oak trees that present a few challenges, but you have the ability to easily find your ball if you spray it off the tee due to the wide fairways. The greens on all the holes were very green and fast. I was very impressed.

Again, this course is coming back from some serious damage. Give it another season and it will be in great shape.

We found out that the manager of River Crossing has recently partnered with Rebecca Creek. Not sure if your familiar with River Crossing, but it is ALWAYS in immaculate condition. So I know that they are headed in the right direction and that with the current ownership and management, it will the pristine in a year or two. We both shot an 86/85 and couldn't be happier.

Oh! On the turn we casually ate lunch in the clubhouse, I highly recommend the smash burger by Dan as it was delicious. After our round (pace of play was fantastic as there weren't a lot of golfers), Amber at the bar kept us entertained while we had a few drinks before we left.

Overall, the conditions of the course are coming back from a rough couple of years with a lack of water. The service by the staff was fantastic and for the price, you can't beat playing here.

I will be returning later this year and i'm eager to play.

Course Difficulty:  Extremely Easy

"Solid and worth the drive"

JDNJTX's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/20/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

I drove in from Austin to give this course a shot and the course was worth the time spent. The place has a nice, friendly, vibe, and the golf course is well done from start to finish. Very firm greens made for some tricky approach shots, but the condition of the course was consistent from 1 thru 18 which made the firm approaches fun. I know the course has had difficulties in the past but my sense is they have a good formula that makes for a fun day.

"new member"

sbschmitz's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/10/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Course is in excellent condition. New water contract makes the fairways green and the greens in good shape. Fun course to play with lots of friendly members and workers.

"Simple and straight forward"

allergydoc's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2017

Considering all the great reviews of this course, I had to try it. Let's address the positives first:

1. Simple design - most holes are straight without sand traps or (when I played) water.

2. Very friendly staff but even better - every group of 3 to 4 golfers readily waved me (as a single) through. I did not have to wait more than ONE minute until I was invited to play through! These folks are the most courteous golfers I have ever seen.

3. When I played, course was dry so for someone who tops their shots, I didn't suffer too terribly since the ball rolled 10-20% further.

4. You cannot beat the green fee - very inexpensive.

Negatives?

1. This region is very subject to the weather and when dry - everything dries out - especially the greens for which the dryness caused diffuse scattering of small patches of dead grass turned into dirt.

2. The slope is much higher than I would have expected.

3. It is in a very remote area. Best to approach it from Hwy 281 - a relatively straight and much shorter distance compared to coming in from the East (I-35).

Overall, I was happy after playing the course. I drove 160 miles (one way) to satisfy my curiosity. Satisfaction from the friendly staff and other very friendly golfers will bring me back.

"Very Friendly Staff; Average Course"

Travis9745561's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/26/2017

The staff was amazing. We were a couple minutes late to our tee time and they couldnt care less (we weren't holding anybody up). The marshal was hilarious and helpful. I sliced a ball over a hill into a group of trees and when I went over the hill to look for it I found the marshal laying on the ground playing dead like I hit him with my wild shot lol.

The course itself was nothing to brag about. No water hazards or sand traps. There are quite a few holes that are tight together where you're bound to end up on another fairway, or have another player on yours. The grass was in poor condition. Greens were pretty bad. Some had little to no grass on them-just hard mud.

Overall it was a good value for the dollar amount. Played midday and nobody was rushing us or in front of us. It was a good course to enjoy a leisurely round with friends while drinking a lot of beer.

uBBCM1379BB's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/21/2017

"Fun for the money"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/20/2017

For the money, this is a challenging, fun course. The current ownership is doing the best job ever!

"Scenic and friendly staff."

Wayne1016's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/12/2017

The course was very dry and greens like table tops due to dry conditions. Despite this though, greens were green and challenging. I would definitely return to this course.

"big change"

teamhuck4's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/11/2017

Course conditions have GREATLY improved since last played a couple of years ago. Will now be returning on a more regular basis. Don't pass up a Smash Burger at the snack bar after your round.

SGreg0ry's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/10/2017

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/08/2017
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

"Up and coming"

mandmfoltz's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/01/2017

The staff was fantastic we made special requests, and they even brought our food and drinks out to us after our request. The new owners continue to make improvements to the course. And it's definitely one of the best values for the money in the San Antonio area.

86champion's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/27/2016

"Great course"

FrankinTexas's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/19/2016

Hidden gem. Not a lot of people know about this course. It's a nice course and a great value. Staff is awesome. Everyone should check it out.

"Very pleasant surprise"

gdurr's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2016

Had not played this course in quite sometime and was very pleasantly surprised. course is in great shape and the greens are in great shape and rolling very well. Really enjoyed playing here and will be back!!!

"Hidden jewl"

LEFTYSNYDER's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/16/2016

The snack shack doesn't open until 9 but that was only downer about this course. The staff had a lull and we were greeted at the bag drop with a howdy. He went back in and brought us a key for the cart without paying yet. They were busy as a group of 9 players were ahead of us we started on the back nine. Except for the trees blocking the growth of the grass on 9 tee box the course shines even the fairways were nice. Greens a little unpredictable but in good shape. A course I would definitely play again.

"Not bad, friendly staff, conditions were ok"

Carlos9967879's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/01/2016

You can definitely tell the course was in bad shape and work is being done to improve. It plays fairly well, not too tricky. There are zero water hazards and zero bunkers. For the most part just about half of the holes are wide open with the other half having trees. Greens roll ok... about a 6/10. Tee boxes about a 4/10. Fairways overall ok 6/10. We had hamburgers, they were great. Staff at check in was very helpful and you can genuinely feel he was happy to have us there. It was our 1st time. Overall, it's a nice course to play if you can find a good deal and if you rather drive a little out of the way to avoid lots of traffic on the course. We played on a Saturday afternoon and there was never a wait in front or behind us. Keep up the good work guys!

"Great value and great course layout!"

gunta100's avatar
Age:  Under 25

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2016

Played this course for the first time today

Dry out here in the Texas summer heat but decent lies and true greens are still good

Good layout with tight par threes and par 4s that require a good driver or a good selection of long iron

Tee boxes need some love but still acceptable

Greens rolled true which is scarce around town

Staff is very friendly and pace of play was top notch ,finished the round in under 3 hours

Range and putting green are available and in very usable condition

Great course for the money and a gem just outside of San Antonio

"Pace of play on a goat ranch"

Mark8569769's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/28/2016

Pace of play in a goat ranch seems crazy just to review the course. But the staff is awesome. I didn't get charged for the nine holes that I did manage to play.

"Enjoyable day at the Rebecca Creek course"

Don5312157's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/25/2016
First time playing Used cart Excellent weather

This was our first time playing Rebecca Creek and we had a great time. The course is very scenes but still has some work to do but overall was in good shape. The greens were kind of dry and hard but were fairly consistent from green to green. I would, and will, definitely go back. The course kind of kick our butt! We have to go back and do better! You better be prepared to hit your drives in the right spot in the fairway; if you don't you will end up behind a tree. Don't be fooled by holes 1, 9, 10, and 11! They are all wide open, but the rest of the course will challenge you to hit 'em straight!