Raccoon International Golf Club

Raccoon International Golf Club sprawls across gently rolling woodlands, featuring scenic vistas of the surrounding countryside. The course is known for being home to the longest par 5 in the state, the notorious 17th hole. This treacherous hole measures in at a devilish 666 yards that will challenge even the longest hitters. Although the terrain is mostly flat and open, there are some surprisingly dramatic undulations in the greens that will cause tricky uneven lies. There are several lakes that come into play throughout as well as a number of strategically placed bunkers. In addition to the penultimate hole, notable holes at Raccoon International include the par-4 eighth, which requires a 220-yard carry, and the 11th, a par 3 that plays over a lake to a two-tiered green guarded by a bunker.
Scorecard for Raccoon International
Blue M: 70.6/117 342 356 411 526 140 402 563 333 190 3263 368 141 452 546 187 377 348 666 352 3437 6700
White M: 68.3/111 331 326 364 484 117 371 514 313 175 2995 346 121 409 517 172 360 331 619 324 3199 6194
Red W: 67.8/109 271 263 285 419 107 293 421 304 128 2491 287 102 285 430 157 294 275 512 257 2599 5090

Year Built 1972
Fairways Blue

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Dress code Collared shirt required

Nice option for the time and price

This was the first time we played the course. For this time of year it was in good shape. My only complaints were the pace of play. We were a 4 some and we had to wait on a 2 some on every hole. We even had a cart break down and we still waited. I honestly believe that the course over booked for this time of year. People spend a lot more time looking for balls when there are leaves everywhere. This does not help the pace of play. The 2some in front of us were seniors and they at times were waiting on the 4 some to get off the green before hitting. We stopped after 14 holes. We were at a 5 hour plus pace. and there were 3 4somes behind us. When Fall comes, they need to give an extra few minutes between tee off times. It was really slow out there. Other then that and the dead cart, we have no complaints. I will come in the spring next year when the pace maybe Faster.

Awesome for the $ !!!

This course has an awesome layout and greens are in good shape. Bunkers have no sand in them though (?!?!???) This course also has a lot of character though and WELL worth the price.

What happened to the sand

I hadn't played here for a while and playing from the blue tees offer a challenge on distance. I was very disappointed to see they let the bunkers go and there is no sand in them. I thought they used to gaurd the greens very well and make for an interesting second shot. Not really a golf course without bunkers.

Good test of golf

Hot day. Play was slow but not the worst. Many elderly and families playing. the tee boxes, fairways, and greens were as good as I have seen on area courses this year. Ugly bunkers was the only reason I did not rate this course much higher. I will play again soon.

Upkeep

Course played very well from last few years. The bunkers are mostly grass bunkers, but the fairways are in excellent shape. Greens were challenging. Only complaint was a lot of fly's around the stagnant water on the course.

Give it a shot

Decent course. Absolutely worth checking out. Fairways were a little long, so it was tough sometimes to find the ball even if you hit the fairway. Bunkers need a ton of work. Pace of play was by far the best I've played this year. We we're waved through multiple times by people who were playing a little slower. Finished 18 holes in less than 3.5 hours. I would absolutely check this course out

Course needs work

Some of the fairways had hard dried mud running across them. Also the majority of the cart paths were the dried mud as well. The clubhouse restrooms left a little to be desired, the smell was unbearable. The staff though was very friendly.

Great course for Average Joe golfers

I booked 18 holes for this course on online for myself and 3 buddies. Total came out to around $60 so $15 per golfer. Great price for me since I dont like to pay more than $30 for a round of golf. Most everything about the course was great (Staff, Tee boxes, fairways, greens, and even the rough). The only thing that stood out about the course in my mind would be the bunkers. they were mostly greened over. Meaning that there was a lot of weeds and over growth in them and not a lot of sand. Other than that the course was great. It was a little far out east but it was a quick drive on 161. I would most certainly golf here again but if I had to choose somewhere to golf once in Columbus, this would not be my first chioce.

Home away from home

Raccoon is about 25 mins from my house and the staff knows us by name. The owner is making big strides to change the course for the better. I play here at least twice a week or more. Hands down the friendliest and helpful staff around. Make the trip you won't be sorry

Raccoon

Course was in decent shape for April. They are putting in some work on the golf course. The Greens rolled great. Was a good value. Staff friendly a d got us off before our tee time. Look forward to going back.

Overall - Great for the money

This course was a steal considering the $10 hot deal I was able to book it for. Nice open fairways but the distinction between that and the rough good be better. The greens however were in great shape and were challenging. Each green offers a variety of slopes and some hole locations were challenging. There's also a couple of nice elevated tee locations, especially playing from the blue's. Overall I was happy with the course and would certainly play it again.

Christmas eve

For the time of year it was good conditions. I'd recommend playing this course when the ground isn't as wet but over all a good Christmas eve golf outing

If you like long drives

this is the course for you....plenty of par 5's on gently rolling landscape and one awesome shot on top of a steep hilltop overlooking a valley and a pond that is really fun to play!

Average course

The course was hard as a rock and really low mown fairways. Hard to get under the ball. Greens were good, but kind of beat-up. No sand in the traps. For $5 more there are much better courses around Columbus. Golf cart needed to be tuned up or somehow adjusted. More than a few times it did not immediately start back up after pressing on the gas. Staff was very friendly and the pace of play was great!

Beautiful Day on the Course

From the tips, a little challenge. Bunkers need work. Either sand them or plant normal grass in them.

good design fun to play

This course has a good design and will not eat to many golf balls for amateurs but does present some challenges at the same time. the tee boxes are not level or well maintained, and the sand traps are grass and weeds. this was the best quality I had seen the greens in and I have played here many times over the last few years. we were not rushed by the players behind us and had a female with us who only golf's one to twice a season. overall it's a nice course not good but inexpensive and fun

Make a day of it in Granville

Overall we had a good time on the course. Coming from Columbus it seems like a long way to go for a cheaper course, but it was worth it. We grabbed lunch in town (recommend Brews Cafe!), and the staff was even able to get us on the course about 45 minutes ahead of our scheduled tee time. The course itself was appropriately challenging for two intermediate/beginners. Only down side was we lost more balls than we found!

Make a day of it in Granvill

Aug 26th

Course in great shape. A few water issues with irrigation but overall no major issues. Greens were fast and smooth, fairways were great and rough wasn't too long.

Greatly Improved

Hadn't played here in years. Was pleasantly surprised by the conditions of the course.

Granville, Ohio