Type Public/Municipal
In the opinion of the Utah Golf Authority, Mount Ogden is the epitome of a Wasatch Mountain golf course: heavely tree-lined fairways, major elevation changes, waste areas, beautiful views, wildlife, dog legs that can be cut and cold mountian streams. It is a demanding but fun course. Accuracy is a must and local knowledge is a big benefit. The first time you play you probably won't choose the right tee shot on every hole. Once you learn them you can start being brave and cutting corners. Fairways and greens are cut out of the trees and buck brush on the side of the mountains. Bring lots of balls if you're not a straight shooter. Your group will feel alone on each hole. Most holes offer a great view of the city and valley below. There are several tees that are elevated what seems like hundreds of feet from the fairway below. This is the only course that I have never walked because of the elevation changes and the distance between greens and tees. When putting always remember that the greens break hard away from the mountain. The course has a reputation among the locals as a ball eater - some have even gone as far as to call the course unfair (mostly 5 handicappers who can only break 90 on an easy course with liberal numbers of mulligans). For this reason you can almost always get a tee time for any weekend. Don't expect to score well your first time playing - come for the beauty and the challenge.
Mt. Ogden Golf Course
Yellow 71 5505 yards 64.0 118
Scorecard for Mt. Ogden
Blue M: 69.3/127 291 328 359 527 178 491 471 188 362 3195 445 342 112 382 180 323 394 461 492 3131 6326
White M: 66.8/119 W: 70.5/122 272 312 330 470 160 471 454 163 345 2977 428 320 104 351 161 256 375 443 471 2909 5886
Red W: 65.2/111 246 274 267 422 102 432 432 132 332 2639 360 264 74 306 113 235 295 348 432 2427 5066

Year Built 1984
Greens Blue Grass

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted None

Played On 06/27/2018
Played On 06/16/2018

Beautiful course

Everything was great, but we were unable to take the cart to our car to load the clubs. No one was available to unload clubs, either. (It matters because lifting heavy things is hard because of recent surgeries). Also, brakes on cart were questionable and are needed because of the steep slopes in cart paths.
Off-course amenities Average
Played On 06/15/2018
Beautiful mountain course. Greens very hard to read. A lot of blind shots off the tee that can put you in difficult approach shots.
Pace of Play Average
Off-course amenities Fair
Course Layout Good
Played On 05/29/2018

Don’t be fooled by the yardage...

Great old school golf course architecture, total yardage is deceptive, challenging targets, blind tee shots, elevated greens with tricky reads. We’ll maintained, one of my favorite golf courses in the area!
Off-course amenities Excellent
Course Conditions Good
Played On 05/28/2018

Mixed review

Visiting Utah for the first time. This course is near my son's house so I reserved a time through GN. When I got to the course the attendant did not know how to process my GN payment. He called the manager over and I was told that the green fee posted on GN was incorrect and did not reflect the increased Holiday rate! The manager was not friendly at all acted like I was an inconvenience. I paid the additional fee, got my cart and went to the putting green. There was no starter anywhere. The attendant walked by and I asked him If I could tee off. He seemed a little confused but he let me follow a twosome. Once on the course, everything changed. The course was in perfect condition, the surroundings were BEAUTIFUL. It was the prettiest and TOUGHEST course I have played. Elevation changes and awesome views on almost every hole. After a rough start, I had a wonderful round. Would highly recommend. If the staff would have had their act together, I would have given 5 stars.
Staff Friendliness Fair
Off-course amenities Fair
Played On 05/24/2018

Beautiful

Such a beautiful challenging course. The back and front 9 are so different from each other so in a way you get to enjoy two courses.
Off-course amenities Good
Played On 04/21/2018

Beautiful

Had a great time...weather perfect...staff excellent...narrow fairways. A little tip...reach for your irons....looks long plays short. Thanks
Pace of Play Average
Off-course amenities Good
Course Conditions Good
Played On 08/11/2016

Beautiful View and Great Value!

My wife, son & I played Mt Ogden on our visit to see our son & his wife. I read reviews and my son thought this would be a brutal test as his wife would not play it. My wife was scared after talking to his wife.....upon our arrival Todd B., the PGA Professional welcomed us and we had a nice chat about this mountainous track.... Not long with back tees at about 6,400 yards....but demanding..... I played the tips and throughly enjoyed the varied elevations, the complexity of reading the greens where you always need to know where Mt Ogden is located in relation to the cup. The greens were in excellent shape, cart paths in great condition, the GPS on the carts were spot on with fairway yardage markers. Then there is the challenge necessary to find the fairway which were narrow on some holes and as wide as an airport runway on a few others. There were 5-6 holes with sharp doglegs so irons were necessary off of the tee. I played a few more drivers off of those tees than I should have but got away with them. In tournament play I probably would have played irons off of the tee as on those specific holes were not very long. Now most players over-estimate their ability and hit clubs that should stay in the bag yet they blame the course. Be smart-know your limits and I hope you enjoy it as my wife and I did today! She was glad she played! I wish we had time to play it again!!
Off-course amenities Excellent
Played On 9/3/2013

Challenging, fun course

The course was in great shape, except for a few greeens with bad spots. No issues with water despite the recent rain. Overall the course is fun, kind of short unless you play the blues, but challenges your shot making abilities. One negative, some of the course maintenance people were rude and wouldn't allow us to play through.
Staff Friendliness Poor
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Average
Played On 8/20/2013
Atlanta Advisor

Pretty good muni.....

Lots of elevation changes make this course memorable. Its not a CC course, and doesn't pretend to be. In great shape
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Average

Valid dates: Mar 01, 2018 - Sep 30, 2018
Pine Cone Accommodations offers unique vacation properties in the Gaylord area and special package pricing for Stay and Play with Gaylord Country Club. Check out their web site for a comprehensive listing of available cabins, homes and condominiums that will make your next visit a memorable experience. TAKE THE TOUR! TOUR 54 3 Rounds of Golf & 2 Nights Lodging $114 per person per night