1.5
1 reviews
1 reviews

Type Public/Municipal

Year Built 1989
Architect Gene Bates (1989)

Golf Simulator No
Indoor Practice No

Treated Like 2nd Class Golfers

The course is a municipal course operated by Washington County. The course is fairly well maintained for a muni, not great but not bad. Fairways contained numerous unfilled divots and the green showed the remnants of many unrepaired ballmarks. Many bunkers were not raked. Unfortunately, this is becoming all too common on muni's.
I, having been in various aspects of golf, know the importance of revenue. However, I was displeased with the treatment we received by the management of the course. The course showed extreme preferential treatment to a " large group" from St. Louis. The marshal, informed us that our times would be delayed because they had started the group on the backside. The group was slow to make the turn and all had to stop for a snack.. A member of the group acknowledge they were behind, but did not care. The front side, behind the group from St. Louis took us 2 hours and 40 minutes to play. The last foursome in the group had no concept of Rule 1.2. They acted as if they were the only foursome on the course. No one else mattered to them. We timed them on a par 3, took them 10 minutes to putt out. Three groups were on the tee box when they took 10 minutes to putt out. At no time did we see a marshal. The group from St. Louis demonstrated no attempt to adhere to etiquette of golf. A person would think, if the group from St. Louis was slow making the turn, a marshal would have been present to insure the other paying customers of the day did not have to wait or have a slow round. Obviously the course thought more of that group than the others of the day. PS: The second time we saw the marshal, was when we were on the back nine and he was hitting balls on the range.
I have golfed nearly 250 courses in my life time, North America and Europe. I do not expect special treatment, I however object to when I am told I do not rate equal treatment.

A Great And Challenging Golf Course At A Reasonable Price

We played Green Springs several times about 15 years ago. Our return visit was a great surprise as the course was a great as it was years ago albeit with a few more houses around it. The scenery is magnificent and the course is very challenging. The pace of play was good and all the staff were friendly. When we arrived we were advised that greens were just aerated and they gave us a great price. Pricing for this course versus several of other courses in the area is excellent. We thought that many of the courses have raised their price point to high just like Mesquite. According St George area will not be in our places for golf vacations.

Best course in St. George for the money

I loved the layout of this course as it is beautiful, challenging and interesting. Good in the pro shop is fabulous! (Steak sandwich) Well maintained!

Hot but quiet

Lots of challenging runs - if not use to heat you may want to only play 9 holes but otherwise go for the challenge and expect to bring a dozen balls.

Very enjoyable round of golf

Green Spring was near where we were staying and the price was right so we chose our one round in St George there. The greens were fabulous. Since I am from central Texas I don't get to play on these types of green. They were in great condition and beautiful. The fairways however were pretty spotty and the marshal suggested we play winter rules. We never had to wait to play as a twosome.
The par 3 over the canyon is a great hole and several others were challenging also but it was an overall fun round of golf that left me wanting to play the course again.

Enjoyed the canyons and water features

Great features but needs better fairway grass. The grass in the fairways needs to be taken care of better. The rest of the course in in great shape.

Lots of variety

Plenty of different opportunities on this course. About half the holes are pretty flat; about half have major up or down the hill settings. Good views of surrounding area from several holes. A few water holes on each of the nines. Some shorter par fours; but they each had their quirks - where an errant shot could spell instant trouble. Well maintained for a city run course. Could have been more care given to areas on or near the greens. Good practice areas on the putting and chipping greens, but no sand trap available. I'll be back.

We were surprised.

We are from out of town and booked the reservation through golf now.com at a higher rate than what the course charged upon arrival. It was a nice surprise.

Green Springs

Great course to play, the greens were punched and sanded (didn't know that) so putting was a challenge since they did not even blow off the greens leaving the coarse sand on the greens
Would like to play it again with the greens in better shape.

Challenging but fun

We went on a windy day and didn't know what to expect, pleasantly surprised. Challenging course, beautiful views and very nice staff. Bring extra balls for the over the canyon shots !

Awesome

A must play if you are in St. George area. Lots of elevation changes, carries over washes and very interesting holes. Greens true and not too fast. Take a good look at your score card diagram and distances before hitting your ball.

Great Course!

A lot of fun challenging holes with beautiful scenery.

Great holes on all three courses

We had a great time and this is one of our best course in the area. The pro shop is great and the people are very friendly. The 27 holes are very tough and fun to play.

Wicked Greens!

A tough course, with several carries over canyons. The greens are fast and undulating, but the scenery in the area is spectacular.

Worth Playing

Course in good shape for winter. Has some very challenging holes with forced caries.

challenging but fun

We enjoyed playing this course, though it does have it's own unique challenges. Fun for all

Great fun.

Nice course. Great weather for December. The course was not very busy and we were able to finish in about 3 1/2 hours.

A few really difficult holes

Beautiful golf course. I had trouble getting over the canyon but will try harder next time. Only negative, some local players were rude to us.

Mr.

The greens are very fast and a little tricky I would play again.

A must play course

Great variety of challenges, but bring a gps as course markings are few.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020