Year Built 1994
Architect Raymond Ayer (1994)

Georgia Advisor

Fun Course, Beautiful Views - VERY SLOW

This was my first time playing Cedar Knoll Country Club.
The course has lots of elevation changes with beautiful views and vistas. I was amazed at how lush and green everything is (greens, fairways, rough, trees, everything).
The best part of the course are the awesome greens. The greens are lush, smooth, quick, very undulating, tricky breaks and roll true and fast.
After the 0th hole, I went into the snack bar to get a drink and when I went to the 10th tee (8 mins. MAX in the snack bar). there was a threesome who had hit and was just walking off the 10th tee. I thought for sure they would tell me to hit and play through since I was a single. They did not say a word, they just kept walking and hitting shot after shot after shot. Got to the 11th tee and they were just walking off the tee box and we looked at each other (they did not say a word or offer to let me play through. That happened again at the 12th hole and at the 13th hole again. I was soooooo frustrated with the awful, slow golfers that I just skipped the 13th hole and drove past them and gave them a dirty look. They were slow, slow slow and never once did I see a Marshall to help speed up play. Never once. When I was done with my round I waited around just to see how long they took and how many groups they were holding up. By the 18th hole, the slow threesome was holding up 4 other groups and never a Marshall or Ranger to tell them to pick up the pace.
I really liked the course and conditions but not having a Marshall to help speed up play is crazy and ridiculous
Beautiful course, just be prepared to play at a snails pace especially if you have a rude, inconsiderate group in front of you, like I did.

St George, Vermont
Essex Junction, Vermont
Willsboro, New York
Vergennes, Vermont

Valid dates: May 10, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.