Green (W) 71 5082 yards 64.3 113
Scorecard for Equinox
Gold M: 70.7/128 351 398 385 159 336 340 522 398 363 3252 355 379 361 423 126 478 197 435 417 3171 6423
White M: 69.0/124 W: 75.1/141 334 385 346 141 316 323 502 380 344 3071 336 361 347 401 112 462 181 403 395 2998 6069
Green M: 64.2/111 W: 70.6/129 287 345 257 122 273 247 443 330 283 2587 293 306 319 256 96 408 137 346 334 2495 5082

Year Built 1926
Architect Walter Travis (1926) Rees Jones (1992) Greg Muirhead (1992)

Great Experience and Great Value

Equinox is a great course and a great value. The views are magnificent. The Pro Shop help is first-rate. I'd recommend to anyone.

A Beautiful Course

This course is located in Manchester Center VT and surrounded by natural beauty all around. Although challenging, especially having to hit over a road, the layout makes it perfect for a great round of golf.

great greens, fairways are in excellent conditions, would come back to play

Great layout, great setting, great views, fair condition

Having played several of the legacy clubs over the last few weeks, it is apparent that some of them are resting on their laurels and this one is no exception. The routing is dramatic and the numerous elevated tees make for great views, but the conditioning doesn't justify the prices. The tees, fairways, and greens were erratic and the bunkers were unplayable, being mostly rock and having little sand. This is another Troon golf disappointment where I expected better. It is relatively short, however there are many elevated tees making 2nd shots more difficult. The gas carts were definitely on their last legs. Glad I played it but doubt I would play it again unless it underwent a serious upgrade.

One of my favorites

Every time I come to VT, I stay at the Norman Rockwell home, and I golf at the Equinox. It's an absolutely amazing experience, so much history and beauty here. The course is very well taken care of, and the staff is ultra friendly!! Pace of play was perfect, my wife and I are here for our honeymoon, and they allowed her to join as a spectator for no extra fee, we had a blast!! I had a nice round shooting 80, though I plan to play one more round before I leave.. I must shoot par!! Also if you get a chance, the Marsh Tavern is quite good as well if you work up a hunger after play!! All in all, if you golf, and you haven't played here, you must, an absolutely wonderful course..

Good course but?

This is always one of my favorite course to play year in year out but this year is the worst I have seen the greens I know the winter was bad but summer is almost over and the greens are not up to standard overall it is still a good course I do recommend it just wish they would pay more attention on the greens.

MAGNIFICENT VIEWS

THE HEAD PRO WAS ALSO HEAD PRO AT WINGED FOOT. A WOMAN ( Joan ) excellent. Expensive but worth it.

Not up to typical Troon standards

We had played Equinox last fall and thought it was in excellent condition. However, this time we found many of the greens to be very rough and bumpy (a summer fungus perhaps?), and some of the sand traps were in quite poor condition - not something you expect from a Troon-managed course. Nonetheless, the holes are interesting and the views, especially on the back nine, are fabulous!

great course

very nice course well groomed. tough around the holes with many sand traps but beautifully laid out.

Disappointed

The course was fun to play and very challenging. However, my husband and I were not happy that as we were about to tee off they put another couple with us without even asking. The starter informed us that they would be joining us. As we arrived early, we observed that there were several twosomes that teed off before us so they definitely allow twosomes to play. The starter knew we were waiting around and we should have been asked if we minded.

perfect day

The Golf Club @ Equinox had been on my must play list for many years but living in the Albany , N.Y area
where there is a over a dozen good courses under $50.00 kept me from driving the 90 minutes and spending considerably more. Golfnow made it worth the trip. I am now sorry that I waited so long. The classic layout reminded me of the Sagamore which is tucked in the Adirondacks overlooking Lake George. Like The Sagamore Equinox is shaped gracefully into the natural terrain not bulldozed into a manmade creation. And nature did well. Unlike the Sagamore the views from every hole are spectacular. The Green Mountains of Vermont seam to surround you . I played the middle tees, my wife the forward . I'm a 12, my wife a 20.
The front has some shortish par 4's which allow you shot pretty well if your hitting the well. Then the back throws a few 400 yarders at you that can be quite the test. 18 is awesome, 395 slight dogleg right to left increasingly uphill all the way. The huge oak(?) on the corner creates a great risk reward shot from the tee. I managed to get over the right side of the tree landing in the center of the fairway with my best drive of the day ( usually about a 250 poke) only to find I still had an uphill shot of 177 to the hole. Bunkered it,
took a bogey which I was fine with. Shot an 83
which I was quite happy with. Now the Golf Course @ Equinox has become a must play again course and soon.

Great Golf Experience

Nicely maintained, mature course with fantastic views of the Green Mtns. I'm sure this will vary, but I played 18 in a little over three hours. Only one knock, and this would not be an issue once you become familiar with the course, but the three different tee markers are all identical. You have to find all three markers before you are sure you are teeing from the correct one.

Linny

Wonderful course! Magnificent views, really can't get any better.

Great scenery and a nice challenge

Although some of the greens were suffering from winter kill, the overall playing conditions were very good. The value was very good using golf now, it cut the cost of playing more than 50%. I payed $49 vs. guest price of $99.

We always love to play this course

We greatly enjoyed ourselves as always at Equinox. I thought I should note that 2 or 3 greens had some major problems (perhaps damage from the harsh winter). But at the retail price of this course in Summer I think they need to fix the greens with severe issues.

pob

Outstanding views

Great facility greens in very poor condition rest of course excellent friendly staff mountain views on every hole

Golf Club at Equinox

Greens not in very good shape, bunkers full of rocks and gravel, not sand. Great views, fun holes. 3.5/5 stars

Wonderful course!

Great round! Too bad it was not a great day, drizzled through out round. Only negative is the greens were not in the best shape..but that was because of the tough N.E. winter weather..I expect they will improve this summer.

Spring golf

Not bad for early season golfing. Greens were fast but need water and sun.....got stuck behind embers who were slow and never offered us the option to play through....horrible etiquette on a course with such high membership fees. You would think the rich know better. Other than that tee boxes and greens need love in a big way....but it's early season and expected.

Late Season Course Review

Disclaimer!: I played late in the year, so it was probably pretty close to closing for the season. I'm definitely taking that into consideration, so I don't feel like I had unrealistic expectations.

THE GOOD
Fantastic views of the surrounding area, especially on Hole 14 which is at the highest point on the course. Take a camera! Many of the holes on the Back 9 have lots of elevation changes.
For late in the season, the course was in pretty good condition. The greens weren't slick, but they held good lines, so I couldn't complain at all.
The fairways were also in good condition but had a high number of unfilled divots. Once again, understandable if the course is close to closing for the season.

THE BAD
The GoflNow rates were $105 or $65 for a Hot Deal. The Hot Deal price would be at the upper end of what I'd want to pay for the quality of the course. It's probably closer to fall/shoulder season prices when the course is in nicer shape.
There weren't any rakes for the bunkers, so a few times, I had to use my foot to do my best raking with my shoe!

THE UGLY
The biggest black eye to this place is that there's NO DRIVING RANGE! That makes it really tough to hit the opening teeshot on Hole 1 (fortunately, it's a short Par 4 where you can hit iron/hybrid off the tee).
The cartpaths were mostly gravel and had a lot of washouts. I would expect a higher standard from a Troon/resort course.
The carts were gasoline and the governer set to 2mph (I might be able to push my clicgear cart faster!).

Manchester, Vermont
Bennington, Vermont
Wilmington, Vermont
Hoosick Falls, New York

Valid dates: Jun 18, 2019 - Aug 31, 2019
Fling and Swing! Golf Package for 2, includes 1 round of golf for 2 daily, a resort fee applies, 50 USD resort credit per night.
Sewailo Golf Club Stay & Play Hotel Package