Omni La Costa Resort & Spa - Champions Course

Located north of San Diego in Carlsbad, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa is a legendary golf and wellness getaway in southern California. The resort, which opened in the 1950s, has hosted 37 elite PGA Tour events. The Champions Course features a serene setting that meanders through peaceful wetlands over landscaped bridges and rolling hills. The course underwent a significant renovation in 2011 by Steve Pate, Damian Pascuzzo and Jeff Brauer, which included four brand new holes and improved irrigation and soil for improved course conditions year-round.
OMNI La Costa Resort Golf Course
Scorecard for Championship
Professional M: 75.1/140 W: 82.7/155 370 577 183 379 418 538 465 200 415 3545 556 367 244 392 493 340 170 471 594 3627 7172
Championship M: 73.0/135 W: 80.3/151 359 518 175 368 377 519 450 189 401 3356 541 353 223 378 472 317 160 381 566 3391 6747
Combo M: 72.0/132 359 518 155 368 377 492 428 160 401 3258 541 353 208 352 400 290 160 381 538 3223 6481
Member M: 71.0/129 W: 77.8/146 339 502 155 348 360 492 428 160 378 3162 525 323 208 352 400 290 144 357 538 3137 6299
Resort M: 68.9/123 W: 75.5/140 307 486 131 301 360 480 410 137 359 2971 507 307 184 329 361 274 123 330 495 2910 5881
Forward M: 66.3/116 W: 72.3/135 286 466 112 279 341 466 410 114 311 2785 483 292 158 286 333 236 113 289 421 2611 5396
Family M: 61.7/104 W: 65.7/122 243 394 66 213 270 392 321 86 267 2252 428 229 88 243 257 172 51 236 400 2104 4356

Year Built 1965
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Bentgrass
Architect Joe Lee Dick Wilson Damian Pascuzzo (2011) Steve Pate (2011) Jeff Brauer (2011)

Golf School Academy Yes - "La Costa Golf Academy"

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Off-course amenities in the U.S. (2017 #21)

Entertaining Clients 22
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 21

columbus day

1:52 tee time, pretty crowded, greens rolling fast and true, good company, less than 4 hours! IMO a good bang for the buck. Thanks GolfNow.

At long last

While I have played Torrey Pines and Aviara, I had never played La Costa until now. Mostly because it had fallen into disrepair for so long. Those days are obviously gone, and I enjoyed the course I played (Legends) immensely (Granted, I got a nice discount rate through GolfNow). Pace of play: 4.5 hours. And I really liked the amenities and service of the place. Very scenic, fairly flat, and fun layout and greens, with fairways and putting surfaces in good shape (slightly slower than they looked). Bonus: They offer both GolfBoard and a scooter in addition to standard carts. I chose the GolfBoard, and it just added to the fun.

Pricey for the course but still scenic and beautiful

Its san diego, expect it to be pricey especially at a resort

They did a good job taking care of me at the valet drop off (thats the closest way to get to the course - and they will take your bag and bring it to the course)

Course was fun and the greens were slow and fast (it was easy to tell by the green condition whether it was fast or slow)

WArning - Drivers are not allowed on the practice range

When I finished however i had to walk pretty far with my bag to get to my car - apparently they will get your car only if you push for it but the day was extremely hot and they were hesitant to get my car. Since the employees looked older and were dremched in sweat I decided I should be kind enough to walk back myself - made the 2 block long walk with my gear in 90F weather. Rough walk

Avg SoCal course.

Worth $50, not $150. Tipping out the yen-yang. Ridiculously tall rough. Greens are not as good as most in the area. Course bathrooms were not clean. Course is average.

Champions course

Course is in good shape

Greens are firm but a little slow

Bunkers are okay, few with minimal sand( fine for fairway bunkers)

Got a hot deal well worth the money.

Staff is great as well as practice facilities.

Would recommend it to anyone in the area

Staff was super friendly. Finding the club house was a little confusing to find inside the resort. Course was in great shape. Played 18 in just under 4 hours. Would definitely play this course again.

Commented On 07/15/2018

Thank you for playing with us and taking the time to review!

Great value

Before booking my tee time, I checked out a few of the reviews. Some of the reviews were not very positive, so when I booked my tee time at a discount price, I wasn't expecting a whole lot. Man, was I wrong. Very friendly pro shop staff, especially David, friendly starter, but most of all, I thought the course was in great shape. The greens were the best I played in the San Diego area. Will for sure return.

Commented On 07/15/2018

Thanks so much for playing with us and sharing your feedback! Our new Director of Golf Course Maintenance is doing great things out there! Come back and see us again soon! Dustin

Excellent day of golf. Terrific course, staff even better.

Commented On 07/15/2018

Thanks knipster7 for the great review! The cooler temps in the spring kept the grass dormant longer than usual and resulted in a good amount of negative reviews. Temps are up and the turf is thriving. Come see us again and thank you again for playing La Costa! Dustin

Golf as it Should Be

Omni La Costa was great. The grounds leading up to the course are very impressive. The valet took my clubs from the trunk of my car and down to the carts. He also asked if I had played there before and gave me directions to the pro shop. While getting to the pro shop was a little convoluted it was not to bad. I was attended to quickly and professionally. It was a busy day but the quickly got me and my bags onto a cart and pointed me to the driving range and 1st tee. Balls for the driving range were included so I warmed up as much as I liked. I rolled a few on the putting green and felt the greens as smooth and FAST. The starter was a little prickly but helpful. There are a few forced carries when you tee off and ditches to clear on approach but overall nothing overwhelming. The fairways were fantastic; fluffy and green. The greens were like glass. After the round, they took my clubs from the cart to the valet station while I visited the 19th hole. A great experience.

Commented On 07/15/2018

Thank you DrGonzalez for playing with us and for the great review! We appreciate your support and hope to see you out again soon. Dustin

Played legends course.

Great pace

Got a hot deal, well worth the money.

Greens a little slow.

Fun round.

Worth 50-70$ max will be back

Commented On 07/15/2018

Thank you for playing with us and looking forward to seeing you again soon! Dustin

Commented On 07/15/2018

Thank you for playing with us and sharing your feedback! Dustin

Resort Golf

The resort and course far exceeded my expectations. Having never been here before, even though I'm a local, I was extremely happy with my experience at La Costa Resort. Staff was top notch and from the looks of it, outside looking in, the amenities are amazing. Can't wait to come back for a round and possibly a stay-cation.

Commented On 07/15/2018

Thanks for playing with us and for the kind words! Staycation at La Costa is a must! Thank you again and hope to see you soon. Dustin

La Costa south

Good course but ended up in a 5 person group. Very slow.

Aging yet still wonderful

I played both courses at the Omni La Costa and both were fun and challenging. They are two totally different types of experiences as the legends is a lush green country club/resort type experience and the champions is a less manicured desert/natural grasslands experience. I was amazed how wide open the tee times were and how i didn't ever see another golfer within 2 holes of me. played 3 rounds here and played each in under 3.5 hours.

Not a huge fan. Resort is amazing but would never pay that much for a mediocre golf course. For the money, not worth it. GolfNow deal yes otherwise no way. But resort is amazing.

Lendgends course

I got a 1:00 start and played in 3:30 mins , The course was in great condition

Simply ok

I played the legends course for $50 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. First impression is they need signs directing you from the parking lot to the pro shop. It’s kind of a long walk to carry your clubs but I could have dropped them off as it turned out but there were no signs. It feels like more of a resort than a golf course because that’s exactly what it is. It also appears they have let the course get run over a little bit but overall it’s in fine condition. They were doing some repair work on the greens and blamed conditions on the weather. I wouldn’t pay more than $75 to play here. They’re definitely living off the reputation of the past.

Request A Vacation Quote From OMNI La Costa Resort and Spa
Please provide your information below and a staff member at OMNI La Costa Resort and Spa will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
San Marcos, California