Darby Creek Golf Course

Singles allowed: No
Dress code: Shirts with collars are preferred, tank tops and cut-offs are not acceptable. Shirts must be worn at all times.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Championship 72 7074 yards 73.7 129
Back 72 6661 yards 71.3 124
Middle 72 6201 yards 69.3 119
Forward 72 5942 yards N/A N/A
Front (W) 72 5200 yards 69.3 118

Formerly home to the Ohio Orchard Company, four cherry trees still mark the entrance to Darby Creek Golf Course. The unique layout has two distinctly different nines. The course starts with a windswept link-style nine accented by native grasses and sand bunkers, providing an excellent representation of Scottish tradition. Carved from the forests of maple trees, the back nine is an entirely different experience. The layout has a more traditional American design with tree-lined fairways and greens as well as several strategically placed lakes coming into play. Darby Creek Golf Course's two nines combine to form a true shot-maker's course that balances options like split fairways and short par 4s with more challenging demands. It is at the same time kind to higher handicappers thanks to open fairways, bailout areas, and few greenside hazards.

Location is worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers locals wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks patio dining

"Very nice, challenging course"

marknoll4965's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/01/2017

Our group has played here three or four times this year, and something keeps us coming back. The staff is excellent. Greens are very well kept, and the bunkers are maintained. You see too many courses neglect the bunkers, which to me is a sign of a bad course. The layout is awesome, with reachable par fives and well guarded par threes. This course has worked its way into my top five in the area, and I have played most of them. The only knock I have is that the ranger is non existent. The starter is all over getting you off on time, but then pace of play can be slow. However, this is a very well-maintained and laid out course.

"Fun Times at Darby Creek"

ob1Jacobi's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2017

Was in town with some buddies for the Memorial, and decided to check out Darby Creek.... nothing short of awesome. This course was incredible for the price and we replayed it for $11!!!! Staff was awesome and the drinks were cheap as well. Would highly recommend this to any golfer.

"Diabolical Greens"

branedamag's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2017
First time playing Used cart

Fun course. Links 9 greens are incredibly subtle and difficult to read. Woods 9 greens a little easier, but the fairways are narrower. All of them seemed to roll true. I enjoyed this course a lot, it was in great shape, and plan to return and work it into my central Ohio rotation.

"Ugh..Ohio weather"

Lukestr2002's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/03/2015
First time playing Played with a group Walked Played 18 holes Poor weather

First off this review might be a little unfair, but this is because it was 45 degrees and raining all day, its Ohio, can't expect much. At Darby Creek the front and back differ, where the front is links style, which I prefer, and the back is American style. I did much better on the front by 10 strokes, its wasn't a good score today. Anyway the green on hole 13 was soaking wet, you could see there would be standing water any minute, that wasn't a good sign. The course had lots of bunkers, so keep that in mind. Afterwards, I went into the pro shop and found a double dozen of Nike Mojos for $16 what a steal! And the guy behind the counter picked up the 17 cents in tax, just a little extra friendliness. If the weather was different I'm sure I would love this course.

Commented on 10/19/2015

Thanks for playing at Darby Creek Golf Course, sorry to hear the weather was not so great during your round! We look forward to seeing you when the weather is a little drier. Glad you got a good deal at the pro shop too! See you again real soon.

"Challenging with Two distinct 9's."

jagpilotOhio's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2015
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Not a house in site. Out in the farmland. Front nine sort of "links" like. Back nine more traditional "american" golf. I personally preferred the back with large trees and rolling hills. Im not a big fan of the links style course, with only bushes and smallish trees. Nothing to "frame" the fairways and the greens sort of bothers me.That said, its still a very nice course, just not the "perfect" course for me. Nice variety of holes and varying lengths. The greens roll very nicely and are among the fastest I have played all summer. Quite a lot of undulation. Very challenging, to the point of being a bit frustrating after playing a lot of public golf this summer with boring slow greens. Absolutely show up early and spend some time putting on the practice green if you wish to score well. The front nine is very exposed and I'm told its usually windy so Id practice the knock downs and punch shots before your round. It was only modestly breezy the day i played so the wind wasn't a big factor. Just a club up or down depending on direction, but I could see it playing very tough if it got much above 15-20 mph. If your short game is on you can score here. Not terribly long and somewhat generous fairways, but the rough is definitely just long enough to be a half shot penalty. A very good test of golf, especially on and around the greens. I will play it again despite not loving the front nine. Its a quality place.

Commented on 10/19/2015

Excellent, thank you for leaving your review. We appreciate the feedback on Darby Creek Golf Course. Some good tips for our newer golfers, thank you for your observations on the front and back nine very helpful. Hope to see you soon!

"Pretty venue"

U00aah01's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/23/2015

A fun course to play in great condition.<br/> Greens were in wonderful shape. If you're looking for a challenging but fair course I highly recommend this course.

Commented on 10/19/2015

Great! Thanks for playing at Darby Creek Golf Course and for the recommendation. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the conditions and the challenge the course presented. We look forward to your return visit!

"Liked it a lot"

donslobo87's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2015
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather

Played only the front 9, which is the links-style 9. Every hole is different, which is good, and the course was in very good condition. Greens were consistent. The staff was outstanding! Greeted warmly in the pro shop, the starter was very friendly as was the woman who sold me a hot dog. My only complaint is that I had a hard time finding the course. Could use a few more road signs. But...if you find it and play it you will like it.

Commented on 10/19/2015

Awesome! Thank you for your review on Darby Creek Golf Course, we're glad you were able to find and play the course and loved the experience. We look forward to your return visit!

"Good course, well-maintained"

linray's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/20/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

I've played this course several times. It's always in good shape. Weather has been dry, but the tee boxes, fairways and greens were in really good shape. Played in the middle of the day Sunday, so a couple of the part 3 tee boxes were chewed up, but that's to be expected. A couple of the bunkers were more dirt than sand, others in good shape. Ranger was informative about conditions and groups ahead and behind. I would play more frequently, but it's 45 minutes away.

Commented on 10/19/2015

Thank you for leaving your review on Darby Creek Golf Course, we appreciate the feedback. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the course and the conditions, we'll audit the tee boxes you mentioned. Any time you're looking for a little escape, come back and see us!

"Tough"

Mark1615569's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2015

If you want a challenge, play from the blue tees. Way tougher than I thought it would be. Enjoyed the course...September golf in Ohio is the best!

Commented on 10/19/2015

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Thank you for playing at Darby Creek and for leaving your review, glad you found a challenge playing from the blue tees - keep on practicing! We hope to see you again real soon.

"Great Course!"

Kboy111's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/14/2015
Previously played Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Don't often make it to Darby Creek because of distance, but I enjoy it every time. Course was in great shape and I only had to pass one 4some(who didn't let me play through)- but that wasn't the courses fault. More inconsiderate boobs everywhere these days.

Commented on 10/19/2015

Thank for playing at Darby Creek Golf Course we appreciate the feedback and so happy you enjoy the course over and over again. Come back and see us soon!

"Good course, terrible pace"

abgough's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/12/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

Staff could not be friendlier or more helpful, had only great interactions with them. Course was in great shape and pretty challenging, but fair. I liked the open and hilly layout of the course. Only negative was there were no rangers on the course to keep pace moving. One foursome a few groups ahead was playing appalingly slow--we all know how that goes, just no golf courtesy or etiquette, standing around on greens and waiting too long to take their shots. Took over 2.5 hours to finish our front nine and when we realized that it was literally a bottleneck of 2 or 3 groups being held up, I asked if we could just play the front nine again since it looked like no one was going off anytime soon. Friendly staff allowed us off the front again and we finished the same nine in about 1.25 hours, making it clear that we had some pace issues on the course.

Besides the mildly infuriating pace, I think this was a pretty good value. Will definitely be back at some point, it's not like they can entirely help pace issues.

Commented on 09/15/2015

We thank you for playing at Darby Creek Golf Course and happy to hear you enjoyed the course and found good value in playing it. We hear you on the pace of play issue and understand it can be frustrating we have informed our staff regarding this and hope to rectify the situation on your next round. Looking forward to your return visit!

"A Real Golf Course"

Rhoades12's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2015

This course is perfect. This course jumped to the top of my list for central Ohio courses. Chapel Hill had a strong hold on it for awhile but now I discovered Darby Creek. This is a true golf course. You have to think about every shot with a lot of traps to work around and a few water hazards. The greens are clean and roll true. Most greens are elevated from the fairways so you need to add a little extra on your approach shots. The traps are actually playable unlike most courses. We played from the tips which was bad idea on my part since they played 7,000 yards. The clubhouse is nice with a very friendly staff.

Commented on 09/15/2015

Wow! Thank you for the great review. We appreciate the kind words and the positive mention! We're so glad to hear you found the traps playable and the course presented a challenge to your game. We can't wait to see you back for more!

"Darby Creek"

Tazman32's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2015

This course was on my bucket list and it did not disappoint. Beautiful conditions although the greens ran a little slower than expected. They were still treacherous if you were unfortunate to have a downhill putt. I felt the front 9 (links style) played a little easier but it still was no walk in the park. The back nine (trees) played longer and several holes had demanding approaches. Overall, you have to have your "A" game to score well here.

Commented on 09/15/2015

We appreciate the feedback and thank you for playing at Darby Creek Golf Course! We are happy to hear you could cross this off your bucket list of courses and you found the course to be challenging and enjoyable! Come back again soon and keep on swinging!

"Great setting, poor play"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

By poor play, I meant my own. What a waste, playing on such a great da on such a great course but not having enough practice to keep it on the fairway most of the round . It was maddening. This course always has well-groomed fairways and the most consistent rolling greens in the area, at least among public-play courses. And Ken and Scott in the clubhouse are always super friendly, remembering you by name from the last time.

Commented on 09/15/2015

Thanks so much for leaving your review, your feedback is important to us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the conditions and the course, as well as the staff's hospitality! We can't wait to see you - practice makes perfect.

"First Time Played - Excellent Value"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/21/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Excellent value. Good condition. Greens rolled pretty true, decent speed. Good tees and fairways. Can play the ball down in the fairway with no problem. Mix of long and short holes. Bunkers, trees, water. No tricked up holes for the most part. It can be as challenging as you want depending on the tees you play. Quite setting in the country, not a house or building in sight. Beverage cart showed up 3 times during rounds. Would recommend.

Commented on 09/15/2015

Awesome! Thank you for playing at Darby Creek Golf Course we are happy to hear you found the course fun and challenging with a good variety of holes. We can't wait to see you back for your next round!

"Still a Good Track"

dagreen73's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/18/2015

I haven't played here in a couple of years, I was glad to see it was still in good shape. The greens were a little slower than I remembered, but they still rolled true. Fairways/tees and bunkers are in good shape. Staff was very friendly, in the pro shop and in the snack bar.

Commented on 09/15/2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Darby Creek Golf Course, so glad you enjoyed the course and the conditions! We hope to see you again soon! Keep on swinging.

"A little slow"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/01/2015

The course was in good shape. Pace of play was a little slow. Some of the others playing lacked etiquette such as hitting on to us twice but the ranger was helpful on the matter. Overall a good course that is fun to play

Commented on 08/07/2015

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review Darby Creek Golf Course. So happy to see you enjoyed the conditions and the course. Thanks for letting us know about the pace of play and we will get our staff up to date to ensure your next round is hitch-free and enjoyable as always! Looking forward to see you back at Darby Creek.

"Bunkers"

turtle137's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/24/2015

Course was in good condition except for the bunkers which need considerable work .

Commented on 08/07/2015

Thanks for letting us know your concern regarding the bunkers at Darby Creek Golf Course, we will have our staff audit the situation on the course and make the fix. We are happy you had a good experience overall and look forward to your return to Darby Creek GC!

"Great Little Course"

PapaRaw's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/20/2015

Darby is always in great shape for play and they run great specials to keep the cost down. Front is wide open layout, back gets a into the woods more. Great course, great value. Plus the folks in the clubhouse are top notch. Always friendly and willing to help.

Commented on 08/07/2015

Hello, thank you for leaving your review and playing at Darby Creek Golf Course. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the layout, we like the fact you found a good variety on the front and back nines. Thank you for the kind words on the staff and we look forward to seeing you back at Darby Creek GC!

"Fun course"

meagolfer's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/20/2015

The front nine, links style, pretty open, good chance to put up a good number. Back nine longer, wooded, pretty and fun to play. Good condition, staff extremely friendly, very nice golf experience.

Commented on 08/07/2015

Thanks so much for playing Darby Creek Golf Course, we are glad you enjoyed the conditions and your experience here at the course. See you soon!