Westfields Golf Club

Year Built 1998
Architect Fred Couples (1998) Gene Bates (1998) Matt Swanson

Dress code No blue jeans, cut-off shorts, tee shirts, or tank tops.

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Great Track

1st time playing the track. Range was included. Very forgiving off of the tee, and there is only one blind tee-shot which was nice. I like courses that lay everything out in front of you. The greens rolled real quick. If I had an issue it would be that people are getting lazy when it comes to putting divots back, so a few landing areas where full of divots. With no doubt would play here again.

Commented on 06/26/2020

Thank you yankees828 for the review! We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you back on the course soon!

1st time here.. WON'T BE THE LAST!!

First time playing this course due to the 2 hour drive from home. I only wish a course this nice was closer to home. Starting with the staff, I can't say enough about the friendliness and attentiveness that they showed. From the clubhouse to the starter David, everything was fantastic. The driving range was also very nice. David explained the course and even moved me up since I was playing as a single and there was a 4-some actually scheduled ahead of me. The Ranger asked several times about how my round was going and told me about the groups ahead of me (that I would be catching). Course was in FANTASTIC shape! The rough was deep enough to punish but NOT deep enough to where you couldn't get out, just right! The greens were fast and true. I will certainly come back to play here...after 1 time, already one of my favorites! Please do not change what you're doing because you guys at Westfields are doing it right!

Commented on 06/26/2020

DaleJr007,

Thank you for the excellent review! We are pleased to see you had such a great experience at our club. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Commented on 06/10/2020

Thank you for the excellent review! We will make sure that we pass this along to David. We will see you again soon!

Worth it every time

Made a tee time on Sunday afternoon for $70. Ended up walking as it was cart path only after a day of solid rain, which might have been a mistake since it was 90-plus degrees, but it wasn't an overly difficult walk. I've played this course a couple times, and it's truly one of my favorites in the Northern Virginia area. Tough layout, fast greens, lots of bunkers, but still a good time. On-course amenities are non-existent due to COVID, so bring plenty of water (they had a water cooler at the turn). Staff was awesome; went out of their way to ask the groups behind for the range finder that fell out of my bag.

Commented on 06/10/2020

Thank you for the review, C3824513. We are happy that you consider us one of your favorite courses in Northern Virginia. We will see you on the course soon!

it was excllent

course lay out was very good & golfer friendly.it was best choice

Commented on 06/10/2020

Thank you for the review, verdiano. We always aim to provide a 5-star experience and look forward to improving the next time you are here!

Commented on 05/31/2020

Thank you for taking the time to rate us aby0515, we always aim for a 5-star experience and look forward to improving next time you come and visit us!

Golf course condition

The course was in good shape and the staff members were very friendly and nice.

Commented on 05/25/2020

Thank you for the excellent review, lovegod77! We greatly appreciate the kind words, and we hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 04/23/2020

Hello jaehana1,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review us. We always aim for a 5-star experience and look forward to improving upon your 4-star visit.

Commented on 04/23/2020

Thank you for taking the time to rate us, jasminefaith05. We always welcome additional feedback so please do not hesitate to let us know how we can make your experience better.

Commented on 04/14/2020

Thank you for the excellent review, u000006020845! We hope to see you out here again in the near future.

Bring your A+ short game

First and foremost, they're open during the time of Covid-19. So, that's a win right off the bat. They're completely prepared for it. Pin in only, foam in the cup, social distancing. Pay in advance. Range and putting green are open.

The starter. This guy needs a medal. We weren't allowed to tee off until the group in front of us was putting. Mind you, the first hole is a decent length par-4. Until they were putting. 4 hour round. That's the first time I've played a four hour round in what seems like decades and I'm 100% sure it's because of the starter.

The course is immaculate. Fairways in wonderful shape. Tee boxes, rough, bunkers. Just amazing. Best course in the area that you can afford.

The greens, though. My playing partners complained about the greens. "They're too hard. You can't hold anything on them, even flop shots." It's true. They are difficult right now. I'd complain but that's part of the game. Adjust. They were consistent throughout the round. So, it's not at all a critique. But you should be prepared for difficulty.

They've done wonders with this course. Can't wait to play it again.

Commented on 06/10/2020

Thank you for the excellent review, u9909536! We are happy to hear that you had such an excellent time. We look forward to seeing you out on the course again soon!

Coming back

Nice course, would love to play when a little warmer and the greens back from aeration. Great staff and well laid out facility. Will be back!

Commented on 03/26/2020

We are glad you enjoyed your experience u655320509. Our team will be glad to hear such positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

If you play like Fred couples, yes then this is your playground.

If you play like Fred couples who designed this course, you will love this place. You all know how he plays. This course will challenge you with bunkers and layouts. you must be on point to shoot decent round here. The hospitality here rocks. PACE OF PLAY IS WELL SUPERVISED, You will feel welcomed here. This place is a little bit pricey on weekends. Make sure to call in advance to find out if there is construction going on ( Aeration schedules ). You have to call They won't tell you. I felt disappointed about that today. but what can you do? A free round would recover my bad taste today. 3/20/20 10:10 am tee time Mike Choi Lol

Hello imikechoi,

Thank you for such positive feedback. We will be sure to share with our team. Ask for Alex or Jason next time you play and we will be sure to make things right.

An Oasis in uncertain times

The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Thoroughly briefed us on the safety precautions- cleaning, social distancing, carts with walkers. Through careful management, they are open but mitigating risk. Thank you!

Hello u097076630,

We are extremely delighted you found your Oasis at Westfields. We are still open and look forward to hosting again at your convenience.

Immaculate despite green aeration

If this was 30 minutes closer to DC, this would be my home course. The setup off the course is exactly what you want. The staff is great, range ball's included, course in great shape, and a pretty tough layout even at less than 7,000 yards.

Hello thekeybridge,

We appreciate the wonderful feedback and look forward to hosting again in the near future!

Great Pre-Spring Golf

Friendly and Professional staff honored a Golf Now tee time before they actually opened! Brisk weather and no crowds made this exceptional pace of play round. Course is ell maintained, even as dried leaves blew across greens. I great course and outstanding hospitality

Commented on 03/08/2020

Thank you for the excellent words, u097076630. We are glad you enjoyed your round and hope to welcome you back for another wonderful experience in the near future.

Municipal