Westfields Golf Club

Westfields Golf Club
Boom-Boom 71 6897 yards 73.3 139
Green (W) 71 5322 yards 70.8 127
Scorecard for Westfields Golf Club
Boom Boom M: 73.4/141 408 416 223 570 448 473 180 467 390 3575 412 525 194 365 285 554 384 160 443 3322 6897
Blue M: 71.6/137 388 394 197 541 420 459 157 441 368 3365 388 507 171 349 264 530 354 146 422 3131 6496
White M: 69.5/132 W: 74.9/137 356 361 155 520 379 433 141 406 345 3096 368 468 160 337 250 501 329 126 399 2938 6034
Green M: 66.2/123 W: 71.0/127 300 304 126 488 331 392 128 382 299 2750 312 408 145 308 204 465 291 106 333 2572 5322
Red W: 66.9/120 275 268 76 451 304 327 94 347 243 2385 243 382 127 239 150 421 259 102 289 2212 4597

Year Built 1998
Fairways Bent
Greens Bent

Dress code No blue jeans, cut-off shorts, tee shirts, or tank tops.

Great track but poor condition

Course seemed to suffer from overplay and wet fall conditions. Fairway turf was thin and rough was half bare on back nine.

Great experience all around

I recently spent the day at Westfields. I demo'd and purchased a new 3 wood (Callaway Rogue Subzero), then head out for a round. The demo/ fitting lab is top notch. I will exclusively use them for all of my club purchases moving forward. I chose to not use the Trackman, but they have that whole set up there.

The course is fantastic and is in good shape. It does get a lot of play, but they do well to keep it up. The was a tournament the day I played, so it was a little choppy on the greens, but not too bad.

Overall, Westfields is in my top 5 DMV courses, and I look forward to coming back soon.

Greens need work

The course will always be a top 5 public course within an hour of downtown DC, and a top 3 in Northern Virginia with Raspberry and Stonewall. Friendly staff. Can't tell you the last time the grass tees on the range were open.

My one complaint is that the greens currently look like they belong at a muni. Quite possibly the effects of overplay.

psdtest16
Commented On 08/23/2018

This is a comment

Best Public in DC Area

Westfields is 20 years old, and remains the best in the DC area. At 100 degrees today, it was a challenge to be out there, but their amenities helped - iced towels, water to drink on every other hole, and a good pace of play.

The course is great- the front 9 is a challenge, so make sure you've warmed up. If you can make it through the first 8 in good shape, then its time to have some fun and score. But if you're in the trees, don't take the hero shot - get it back on the fairway and get back.

So, I'd suggest anyone looking for a classic tree-lined layout to take the drive out to Clifton, VA and have a great time at Westfields.

Finally, they've often got deals on their website, but they are temporary. Jump on them!

Country Club Feel and Promoter of Jr. Golf

I had to make sure that I wrote this review before I moved on and forgot. Besides being (in my opinion) the best laid out and maintained public access golf course in the area, the atmosphere and staff friendliness/professionalism at Westfields is 2nd to none. From the moment you park and a staff member arrives at your car to take your bags from when you finish and the staff cleans your clubs and drives them out to the bag drop you feel like you are a member of a top notch country club. Another little touch is that there is no extra fee for range balls and they are just waiting for you at the very nice range. I can go on and on.....But, the best thing that I just discovered is there policy that kids (15 and under) play FREE after 3:00 with NO hidden charges (e.g. Cart fee). They are totally free! A lot of courses talk about growing the game for our youth, but Westfields is walking the walk also. I got to play 36 this weekend (Saturday with my 14 year old, Sunday with my 10 year old) and didn't get in trouble with the wife at all! I'll be back many times this year. Thanks Westfields!!

Really awesome place

I love this course. I've never been sure why but this course just speaks to me to an extent. It's beautiful, the starters I've had here have all been awesome guys who've talked a lot with me and we've always gotten along. The bunkering is really pretty, and they are challenging but fair. This course is more strategic compared to a couple other of the higher-end courses in the area. I played when there had been a scramble earlier in the day and the course conditions were still great. I love this course and its a great experience. Go play it!

Disappointing

Was hoping to steal a round here for only $25 on a cold Tuesday morning. Ended up being matched up with two other players. However, course was extremely packed. Was waiting on every shot. Temperature only managed to touch 40 so I called it a day about a 2.5 hour front 9. Course was rock solid which is to be expected this time. But other than that the course seemed to be in good shape considering its early February.

Only complaint would be that it was way over crowded. Need to space out the tee times.

Nice round during winter conditions

Those place is always a nice place to play. Pace of play is good, staff friendly and no reason to skip playing here.

First class service and very friendly staff

Got the deal from golfnow, play the course the very first time. The starter, David, offered to help with my bag .the course was frozen, so my driver seemed longer and so as my putts.. anyways, it was a great round, pace was good since very few people were on the course. After the round, Davis offered hot towels and cleaned my clubs. I am very happy with both the course conditions and excellent services. I will come back

Terrible Pace

I played this course on Tuesday and my tee time was pushed back and the round was taking so long that I had to leave after playing 9 holes. The course was nice, but the staff was slow and unorganized. It took almost three hours to play 9 holes. I was disappointed that I had to cut my round in half.

Valid dates: Oct 11, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019