2.3
2.3

Prince George Golf Club in Disputanta boasts some of the best golf in the Tri-Cities area. The course is player friendly enough for beginners at a manageable 6,640 yards from the back tees, but the many water hazards and strategically placed sand traps that you'll encounter make it enough of a challenge to appeal to more advanced players. The long fairways demand accuracy but it's not an overly punishing layout off of the tees. It's a golf course that is as scenic as it is challenging with each hole offering a different setting. In addition to the golf course, Prince George has one of the most extensive practice facilities in the area, featuring chipping and putting areas where you can work on your short game and a driving range.

Prince George Golf Course

Year Built 1972
Greens Bent

Carts Yes - included in green fee

If a novice can know

The crazy thing is I a new to golf and know this coarse needs WATER! It’s like playing on asphalt in a lot of areas. Value is great if you want to go and get away, but don’t expect to use the coarse as a teacher. It’s old plays old and well the pace of play is slow
Because the people are
Very old. Want to spend $20 it’s perfect but don’t expect much more

Prince George Golf

2nd time playing here. Just in fair condition. Tee boxes not great, Fairways so so, weeds, bare spots. Greens were decent.

For the $25.00 golf now price, okay to check it out here and there throughout the year!

Decent greens and wide fairways

This is an alright course to play. I’ve played some high end courses and those require you hit a lot of forced carries; but it’s kinda nice to play a course that rewards long drives with a flat lie and leaves you a shot with a SW or PW into the greens. The greens roll fairly true when they’re dry and they reward good putting I didn’t see any bare spots or burned up sections on any of greens. The 18th green is challenging due the usual left to right wind and a false back section on the green. Fairly tough course when the wind is gusting, but very tame when no wind is blowing.

The worst golf course I've ever played

This is the worst golf course I've ever played no grass all hard pan lost mini golf balls I would like to have a refund of my $27 this is a goat pasture with no grass

Commented on 11/27/2019

Maybe if you didn’t play with mini golf balls... ?

Worst course I've ever played on GolfNow

I'm very disappointed and shocked that you even have this golf course on your website there is no grass on the golf course it's all Fallen trees and send and hardpan very bad experience I think there was only one hole that had any grass at all on The Fairway you should be careful when you send people to different golf courses I would never recommend this to anyone I feel like I got ripped off $27 today

Weather Beaten

Cart paths horrible. Need major repair! New Greens excellent though! But carts have ruined a lot of the course driving through the mud and wet fairways. Great to practice on and hopefully when it warms up things will dry out

Plays Twice a year

Awesome staff, decent course conditions.

Booked through Golf Now and played for $21/person. I got called into work so I didn’t make my tee time and had to make a new one. Golf Now would not refund my original tee time but the staff gave me a rain check for it so I didn’t lose money. I’ll be back for sure. It rained a lot recently so I expected the course to be wet, but there were a lot of low spots that retained water and made for some muddy shots I had to take, but maybe I should play more so I can make better decisions... the cart paths are horrible. I really hope PGGC fixes the cart paths soon. Overall I would definitely recommend a round of golf here...

Not bad to practice different shots

Greens are in good condition, fairways need work..With some TLC, this course is great for beginners.

Very improved course from years past!! staff very friendly. Pace of play was good.

Come Feed The Goat

My group of friends have lovingly dubbed this golf course "The Goat". Why? We don't know, we just did.

This course is in desperate need of some TLC. The fairways are just open fields with lots and lots of bare spots, weeds and pine needles. It has been this way for years and years. This course's only plus is the greens- they are pretty well manicured and usually roll straight and true. The bunkers have little to no sand in them and can actually be putted out of.

The clubhouse is an old, double-wide trailer and the golf carts have seen better days, but the cart paths are so beaten down and broken that you never have to worry about CPO rules. Just ride to your ball, ride up to the greens, etc. It's all good because this is The Goat.

Come out and play here so maybe they'll spend some money to fix up the joint. We'd like to start a movement and get every golf group reading Golf Advisor to bring a pocketful of grass seed or sand and casually Feed The Goat as you play your round. You can help make this a better place to play.

And, oh yeah, be sure to harass the old guys playing from the women's tees. Shame them back 20-30yds every time you see them. I mean really...

#FEEDTHEGOAT

Commented on 04/06/2019

Loving your energy in this review. My group will surely feed the goat when we play.

We Enjoy Prince George

My sons and I play there as often as we can and it is a good course for us. We played there several times during 2014 and always enjoy working on our golf there. The fairways and greens were in excellent condition every time we played at PGGC. There have been changes since I first played there many years ago. We look forward to playing at PGGC.

More From Self Me

I recently did a review, so won't go over all I said before. Will just add a few comments. Played there in a 2 day tournament 6-7 & 6-8. You need to put bottles of sand and seed on the carts, so divots in the fairways & elsewhere can be repaired. We made some divots, and saw other large divots, but nothing to repair these with. MANAGMENT - GET THIS DONE ASAP, TO SAVE THIS COURSE. Also saw no visible trash containers on the course - need to be placed. Sand needs to be added in the bunkers. We saw many golf balls roll thru traps and on the green! Management needs to "get busy" with the improvements I've suggested in my 2 latest reviews, so more people will come and play. I love this course, let's improve it, and improve it - so it gets better and more people/more money will be the result.

Great Deal for Your Fun & Practice

Food & Beverage I gave a three star - because they only have cooler drinks and small snacks. Course is trying to make a "come back", and we are just glad it didn't remain closed. At $28.00 before noon, and $20.00 after noon - 7 days a week, this is a great deal to go somewhere and get in some practice, or just fun in general at a low price, where you can just sit back and enjoy the country air/atmosphere. A lot of work still needs to be done ASAP - need more sand/improved sand traps, fairways need a lot of help, as do the broken asphalt cart paths. While they were watering the greens often while we played, management needs to REALLY water the tee boxes (extremely dry and ridiculously hard to push a tee in). Water @ water holes needs to be worked on to make attractive. Management were very cordial, friendly, and helpful. The course has a lot of potential - we just hope they will put $ in to making the needed improvements very soon, and then gradually increase fees to the players - only practical given the present rates - which are more than fair. Much Luck wished!

Don't waste your time.......and money

This course IS HORRIBLE! This used to be a nice course but has totally gone to the dogs. There are NO fairways. You tee off in the box, and then you hit into a yard. No distinction between the rough and a fairway. You are literally playing in a horribly kept yard. No driving range as advertised. This was a waste of my money. Greens were mediocre at best. Bugs everywhere so bring your bug spray. Poor food and drink selection. Don't bother driving on the cart paths because the grass is smoother. Please just close this place and let it be tuned into the pasture you call fairways. Poor, poor, poor. I wish there was a NO star rating.

Greens need lots of work.

Many greens were in bad shape, but better than they were a couple months ago, seems like they are trying to do something. The Seniors and Ladies tee boxes were a mess but the fairways were in good shape. Almost no real sand in any bunker. Good course to work on your game if you don't take your score there too seriously.

great for a starter

staff was super friendly . the fairways were in good shape , it was a course that was laid back and you could enjoy the day with no pressure

Old course, needs alot of work.

This old, out of the way course needs a lot of attention.

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.