Botetourt Golf & Swim Club

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Tennis

Not a bad course

When I first came here it’s a nice enough place. The staff wasn’t overly friendly like our home course. The course has it share of bare spots but it has been 100 degrees for awhile. Overall the course is in pretty good shape. For the money it’s not bad. I would go again.

Kudos

I will give credit when credit is due. Compared to this time last year I would of never thought that I would play this course ever again. When I am wrong I say I am wrong. The crew that brought this course back from the dead should be commended for the time and effort. It was like night and day. The course is back in good shape. I would recommend this course to all of the golfers that had the same doubt that I had. Now management and courtesy from management is another topic for another day.

Commented on 02/05/2019

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review our course, Botetourt Golf Club, and for the 3 stars. We hope that you enjoyed playing our golf course and that you will continue to see improvements in the course the next time you are with us. We are glad to see that you had a smooth round and a friendly experience with us. Thank you for playing our golf course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

As of May 30th, 2019 this course no longer honors GolfNow!

I booked an 18-hole Hot Deal for May 30th, 2019 for a great deal of $18 and change with the code MD25. However, this course no longer accepts GolfNow! They will encourage you to try and get a refund from GolfNow, and they will try to charge you the same amount you already paid through GolfNow. The kicker is that you can’t contact anyone for a refund through the GolfNow app. So, I am out $18 because a course and a company can’t get their stuff together.

Commented on 05/31/2019

Hi JChernick. Let us first start by thanking you for providing us with your feedback. We would like to apologize for the any misunderstanding with your reservation. The reservation that you booked through GolfNow was a Hot Deal and unfortunately we are unable to honor those tee times at this time. That being said, we would like to apologize for any poor customer experience you may have received. We assure you this is not the standard we want to be known for as we always strive to provide the very best 5-star service. If you would like to discuss any concerns further, please feel free to reach out to our pro shop staff. We hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to Botetourt Golf & Swim Club for a more enjoyable golfing experience soon!

Course is coming around

Jeff and his staff have been working hard over the last several months to get the course back in shape. The course is much improved since mid-summer. Staff is always friendly and with Jeff Sprinkel's leadership the future of the course looks a lot brighter.

Bcc

Beautiful course good layout really knowledgeable staff good value Good pace would recommend

Great Choice

Course was undergoing some refurbishing, and front nine was closed. This made pace a little slow, but it was understandable. Have played many times, and has always been enjoyable. Great layout, super friendly staff, and very nice views. They are working on course, and I imagine it will look great come next spring.

Course is finally coming around

Botetourt is finally getting the course turned around. The front nine is still closed but the back nine is in good shape considering the amount of play it is getting. I am looking forward to the opening of the front nine and the back nine being closed to bring it up to great shape.

This course has always been a player's course and I believe that emphasis is finally being applied in that direction again. I have complete confidence that they are putting the correct amount of time and money into the course now. It is a shame that it had to get to this point first but the past is the past and everyone who have been dedicated players there over the years know that the current management is doing the right thing finally.

I firmly believe that this course will again but one of the best public courses in the Roanoke area once the fix is complete.

Needs a lot of work

The front 9 was closed and the back was not in good shape. They need to repair the course before I will go back.

Response from on 08/28/2018:
Hello, on behalf of Botetourt Golf & Swim Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

COURSE IS GONE AND NOT COMING BACK. MAYBE SIX GREENS PLAYABLE.

Response from on 08/08/2018:
We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with the conditions. We will keep working hard to have the course in shape, and we hope you will see improvement the next time you choose to visit us.

Very disappointing

After years of steady decline this place is lost now. No current greens keeper certified to spray chemicals and greens are pretty much lost. 2 temp greens today. Fairways are trash as are tee boxes. This place is awful these days, save the drive to the middle of no where and play somewhere else.

Response from on 07/30/2018:
Thank you for sharing your concerns. We are sorry that you were disappointed with the conditions. We will keep working to make improvements to the course, and we hope you will be able to see those improvements the next time you are with us.

Course in Rough Shape

The greens are diseased. 4 and 8 not playable by the course. Pick 2 additional holes to fill out your 18. Fairways have alot of crabgrass. The rough was high and thick.

It is going to take some major TLC to bring it back. Sad to see it in this condition. The course use to rival county clubs.

Maybe by next year they can turn it around.

Response from on 07/30/2018:
Thank you for leaving us a review. On behalf of our staff here at Botetourt Golf & Swim Club, we appreciate your feedback as we always look to make improvements. We are sorry that you were disappointed with the condition of the course. We will make sure to keep working hard to have the course in shape, and we hope you will see improvement the next time you are with us. Thank you again for sharing your concerns.
Commented on 07/29/2018

I played sat as well, and same experience