Style Traditional
Rio Pinar Country Club

Year Built 1957
Greens Champion Ultra Dwarf Bermuda Grass
Architect Mark Mahannah (1957) Lloyd Clifton (1995)

Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Restaurant, Beverage Carts

Clubhouse, Lounge, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Showers, Lockers

Available Sports

Tennis

Never disappointed!

Rio Pinar has its traditional charm and the management is doing a great job keeping it up! Staff is very friendly and knowledgeable and the golf course is in a great shape! I love all the improvement being done on the course especially the attention to details.

Old Florida Charm

This course is classic Florida golf. I hope they never change it.

True Classic that Never gets old.

My group and I love playing this course. The design is unique to this area. Conditions are consistently good and staff is friendly. We will be back next week once the storm passes. Best of luck and be safe.

Love this course!

The golf course was in a great condition and the greens were super fast! Love all the tree lines which made it somewhat challenging.. staff was very friendly. The clubhouse was still closed but looking forward to its opening. Highly recommend this course!

Good course....Nice Shape

Tees, fairways, greens, all in great shape. The course was wet and played cart path/rough but pace of play was very good. The layout is fun and challenging. You can see why this club is popular.

Course looks great.

The area has received lots of rain so we had to play cart path and rough only but the fairways, tee boxes and roughs were excellent. Greens haven’t made it back to 100% from Aerification but they’re close to being perfect. Overall, I was super please with the course conditions.

Wet and muddy on several fairways. Only front nine holes were opened for play

We didn't realized the back 9 and the practice range were closed until we checked in. Most of the tee boxes were sandy from aeration. Fairways were wet and muddy!

So Nice we played it twice.

The Back nine was closed for maintenance so we played the front nine twice.. Didn’t bother me as my score improved by 3 strokes...nice! Course conditions are the best I have seen them for this time of year. Kudos to the maintenance staff. Good luck with the storm.

Excellent!!! Great Round of Golf

This course is so enjoyable. Conditions were great! Green speed was faster than when we played last time. Let’s hope this tropical storm doesn’t hit our area to hard as my group is booking another round for this weekend.

Run Poorly

Rio Pinar is run by a bunch of incompetent clowns. The last three times I have played there have been a disaster. Once the sprinklers were on 5 different holes blocking the tee box/fairway/greens. Another time there were bulldozers clearing trees blocking parts of the fairways and loudly working during tee shots. The last and final straw was today, we show up for our tee time at 7:27, pay the $42 (absurd for this course), as we are loading up the carts the clubhouse clown comes running out to let us know that the course is actually closed due to flooding. It didn't rain all night. How in gods name do you not know the day before that the course won't be open or call to cancel or even change the course availability which is still showing open. Instead these imbeciles wait till people wake up at 6am and drive to the carnival clown show that is Rio just to say the course is closed. Needless to say I will not be playing here again, not that they will be open for a month after the tropical storm hits this weekend.

Course in great shape

Man at front desk was nice enough to let my twosome play on back nine because of backup on front nine. A lot of work being done to improve course and it shows. Will play again in the near future

Enjoyable

My group and I continue to enjoy ourselves playing this course. Course conditions were fantastic. You can hardly tell they aerified greens a couple of weeks ago. Love the special price given. We will definitely be back again. By the way, watch out for the fox squirrels. They are so cute but they love to take crackers out of carts if your not careful.

Great golf course

Conditions were very good especially the greens and fairways. Course was a little wet from all the rain but to be expected. Made the layout even more challenging but I love how this course is not tricked up like others. What you see is what you get. If you hit a good shot you get rewarded...if you hit a bad shot your penalized...that’s golf. Clubhouse was closed due to Covid which was disappointing but understandable. I would recommend this classic course.

Soggy back

1st group of the day, pro shop didn't open until 5 minutes before our tee time. I realize this won't affect everyone but it almost guarantees a late start everyday. The course is always wet, (poor drainage),but the back was very wet. Some cart paths were closed but you had to drive up to the tiny road block to find that out then backtrack to the other cart path. We were a 3 some, 2 houses have covid at risk people living in them so we ride separate to keep everyone safe. This course charges an extra $20 per group if you wish to take separate carts. This is the 1st time we've run into a course charging for choosing safety. I won't be back and can't in good conscience recommend that anyone else play the course.

classic design

glad to see the modifications and repairs to this course. The newly added signage and rope restrictions are well overdue. Its coming back.

Above and Beyond

Played this course for the first time with my daughter after hearing about how friendly they are towards junior golfers. I have to say they exceeded my expectations. There was a nice employee on the course that helped us with locating a lost ball and then he went out of his way to open the restrooms for us when he realized we were having trouble unlocking the door. He then made sure to sanitize the restroom before we used it after noticing how nervous I was about using a public restroom. I wish I could remember his name as he truly made us feel welcomed. Thank to this person. We will be back and make sure to tell others.

Could not finish because of heavy rains standing water and course closed

Fun to play great shape - could be friendlier

Overall had a good experience playing the course. Has just enough distance and challenges that it can be played over and over.
If you miss the fairways it’s always trouble the 2nd cut is way to long. Tee boxes and greens in very good shape.
Most disturbing is that after getting to the course and prepaying for 2 players we were not allowed 2 carts , which is pretty standard in Central Florida. Of 5-7 different course we play only 1 other will charge and then only $5.00 here they wanted $20.00 more for a second cart .... rip off if 1 player made a tee time for $25.00 they would get a cart - Not COVID friendly
Then I get a little grief from a grounds crew member for slightly being off the cart path and I was trying to get back on.
Anyway the course itself is real good just ignore the side show

Great track

The greens and tee boxes were punched this week but whatever they did made them roll okay. The price was reduced as a result. Overall still a great time and experience. We will be back!

Municipal