Bowling Green Country Club - South Course

Year Built 1992

Rough end to summer

Course is usually good value. Greens were recently punched and they hadn’t cut the greens in 3-4 days when I played. Completely lost all green surrounds. Hopefully they get some rain soon so conditions can come back for the fall.

Good value for the money

Greens were aerated but not in good shape overall. Fairways okay, lots of weeds but the course is okay.

Bang for your buck

Course is a bit choppy, needs some TLC, BUT a good value. Either folks don’t know etiquette, or the course was busy and we were stacked. Good course for beginners.

Response from on 08/27/2019:
Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Course is in great shape!

97 degrees today but it was still a great round. Course is in excellent shape.

Response from on 08/27/2019:
Thank you for visiting us at Bowling Green. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great value

Short but challenging. The layout is good, but the greens must see a ton of play. They are pretty beat up. Very dry in places but that should be expected in mid July. The rough is tall and thick. Overall good course and great value. Would play it again if back in the area!

Play the course

I joined the course and drove the 40 miles to play and got on immediately. Played in 3 hours and had 3 twosomes ahead of me...try doing that on anyother course lol. Great course...greens great shape, fairways great even after a rain storm the night before. Chef Vito was a great guy for a meal afterward. I am really trying to find anything that wasnt great but even my parking space was in the shade...

Response from on 08/27/2019:
Thank you for visiting us at Bowling Green. We appreciate your 5-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Good round

Had a another good round of golf at the South course. Fairways and greens were in really good shape today. Very nice course.

Response from on 08/27/2019:

This is one of the best course for the money. Thank you Golf Now!

Fun course

I found a deal online that made the course more than worth the money. I've played here twice. I'll definitely come back.

Response from on 08/27/2019:
Response from on 08/27/2019:
Thank you for visiting us at Bowling Green. We appreciate your 3-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Very nice course to play greens was in great shape and fairways was too

Do Not Stereotype People

First thing said to me was "There will be no cutting holes!"

Had no clue what the golf attendant meant, until he said people skip around holes to avoid slower players. There was a Senior League that morning.

1. That is rude to accuse me of being a skipper before you even hear me say Hello, Sir, How are you? This is the 4th time in the last two weeks that courses sold me tee times during tournaments, either before or after, and gave me attitude about it. Please do not book tee times during tourneys and treat ME as the intruder. Show some respect for the solo golfer out to work on their game and enjoy a day playing golf.

2. Former Navy, I follow the rules and respect the game of golf.

3. Jack, one of the Starters and Rangers joined me on the back nine, which was fine, but I was enjoying a solo round working on the mental aspects of the game. Not liking someone just "joining in" who was not even on the tee times near me.

Some golfers play by the rules, like me, and respect the game, please show some respect to us by not calling us 'hole jumpers' before we even say Hello.

Response from on 08/27/2019:
Thank you for visiting us at Bowling Green. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We apologize for the lack of friendliness in our staff and that will certainly be addressed. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Good value

I play both courses at Bowling Green, it’s a convenient location for me. The South Course doesn’t have a path around the entire course and drains well after heavy rains which doesn’t restrict you to “cart path only”. Very receptive greens and always in great shape. Water doesn’t come into play on the course which makes it a chance for a good score.

Nice Course

First time playing. The course was in good condition, the greens were well goomed and smooth. The bunkers needed work, some had standing water. Moderate difficulty, fairly hilly. I probably make this course my go to place, good prices, friendly staff.

Response from on 08/27/2019:

Short course with fast pace of play.

I’ve played both the south and the north course many times. You can always find a great deal online. Pace of play is always good. Course conditions are decent, but great for the price. Will return.

Fun Course

This was not the first time my son and I played the South course. It is fairly easy with no water hazards and very reachable par 4s but it is still a fun course. I would highly recommend this course as a course to help you work on your game!

Excellent golf day

It was a little chilly but an awesome day to play. The previous wind had a little debris down but no problems! Maintenance guys were diligent performing debris clean up and made for a great day!

Bowling green New Years day

Course was in good shape. But it was very wet due to the rains we have had. Greens were understandably slow since mowers could not travel on greens without damaging them.

Response from on 01/02/2019:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our good course conditions and a quick pace of play. Thank you for playing Bowling Green Country Club! #BowlingGreenCC

Awesome Course

Great course to play at. Some challenging holes but overall its friendly course. The staff is great and very helpful. The food is also very great!!!

4.3819294118
Boyce, Virginia
Stephens City, Virginia

Valid dates: Nov 15, 2019 - May 31, 2020
Conveniently located 20 minutes from the airport, the new We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center features 246 contemporary guestrooms and suites designed with Native American traditions, bold Southwestern cuisine at Ahnala Restaurant, luxurious spa treatments and salon services at the Amethyst Spa and a spacious heated outdoor pool with two whirlpools.
From $1900