Lakeview Golf Club - Harrisonburg VA

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Welcomed
Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only
Fivesomes Allowed Yes, except April 1 - November 1
Single Allowed Yes, with permission only

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Virginia (2018 #15)

Commented on 02/26/2020

Thank you for leaving 4 stars! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Good public course

Have played here periodically for over 40 years and always enjoy my rounds here

Commented on 02/26/2020

Thank you for leaving 4 stars! 40 years of golf is awesome. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience.

Commented on 02/05/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review kingmanz! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Great round

As always, the staff at Lakeview is accommodating and friendly, and the beer, 95 percent of the time, is cold...Need I say more?

Commented on 01/28/2020

Enjoy this course

The course was in great shape. Leaves can be a problem this time of year but the grounds crew was on top of them. Make sure you visit the grill at the clubhouse. The pull barbecue sandwich was fantastic and a great value. Will be back.

Commented on 11/20/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Commented on 10/25/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Call ahead

Course is good if you can play two different 9.Hate to play the same 9 twos.I looked ahead no there website ahead of time to check for any tournaments that day there weren’t any listed. when I got to the course there was a college tournament going on so I couldn’t only play the same 9 twos very disappointed. I asked that they update there website.They said oh well not helpful.

Commented on 10/25/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Course a little burned out this time of year with not much rain. Ball ran forever and fairways very hard. Still one of my favorite courses in the area but conditions were tougher then in the past

poor management

Our foursome was booked on Golfnow for 18 holes prepaid. We had plans to play the third nine afterwards. But when we checked in we were told we could only play the Peak course and had to play it twice for our 18. They had scheduled a college tourney on the other two courses and had not informed Golfnow. We played only 9 holes, although we had prepaid 18. We drove 30 minutes south to Ironwood and played 18. Ironwood is an excellent course and managed well. I cannot say that for Lakeview.

Commented on 10/25/2019

Staff was very friendly and informative.

Enjoyed the course so much we played it a second time the following day!

Scenic views

The mountain nine has gorgeous views of massanutten peak.

Another great golf outing

This course never disappoints. It is always in good shape and a joy to play. I try to play at this course at least twice a month. I highly recommend it to any golfer.

Visiting from Florida

The course is very different to what I am used to at home.

The greens were mostly in good condition

The fairways need some TLC

The tee boxes were mostly in need of work.

This course was nice to play and good value when compared to our resort course, However, the grass on the fairways was a little long in places and it was difficult to find a good stance on some of the tees.

Disappointing

I have been playing here for years, and with all their new additions this year, I was seriously considering joining as a member. Still, the course has so much mismanagement and cannot get their crap together. The food is horrible unless their main cook is there (some tall guy), and the GM is completely unhelpful and condescending (sometimes flat out ignoring me when I have tried talking to him). Often times I have had questions or concerns, and the only people who seem to care are some of the younger guys working the counter. Bunkers are flat out unplayable. Way too many places of ground under repair. Very obviously short staffed and lack of competent management. Sadly, this course seems to be on its last legs.

McGaheysville, Virginia
4.1960882353
4.1960882353
Keezletown, Virginia
Bridgewater, Virginia
Staunton, Virginia
New Market, Virginia

Valid dates: Feb 25, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020
Along with the Sawgrass Marriott® Golf Resort & Spa, TPC Sawgrass offers several Stay & Play golf package offerings. TPC Sawgrass offers you the chance to play championship golf courses that has hosted several PGA TOUR and Korn Ferry Tour events and is home to several PGA TOUR pros.