Turnberry Golf Course

Situated in a lush valley bordering Blacklick Creek, Turnberry Golf Course is tucked away amidst mature forests and high fescue grasses. The course is one of seven municipal courses in the Columbus area. It has an unexpected location, which has added to its allure of being one of central Ohio's better-kept secrets. Arthur Hills designed the links-style, championship layout. At just over 6,700 yards from the back tees, this lengthy golf course tumbles across varying elevations. A cart would be best on this course. The front nine is more wooded but there is more water coming into play on the back nine. Strategically placed bunkers pose a formidable challenge throughout Turnberry, as do the fescue-lined fairways. On each hole, golfers face a tricky second shot to a small, elevated green.
Turnberry Golf Course
Orange 73 5440 yards 66.7 117
Orange (W) 73 5440 yards 71.5 123
Purple 73 3812 yards 62.1 102
Scorecard for Turnberry
Black M: 72.8/127 525 362 159 337 508 392 182 375 441 3281 385 413 510 207 413 451 215 384 516 3494 6775
Blue M: 70.1/124 500 337 136 303 481 354 148 321 425 3005 348 354 483 172 370 416 186 351 476 3156 6161
White M: 68.4/120 485 325 125 291 475 337 134 300 410 2882 325 325 469 160 358 385 170 339 455 2986 5868
Orange M: 66.7/117 W: 71.5/123 477 314 112 271 455 317 114 273 401 2734 295 295 459 139 338 365 160 254 401 2706 5440
Purple W: 62.1/102 340 225 110 172 320 205 110 162 270 1914 205 200 330 130 210 250 53 210 310 1898 3812

Year Built 1991
Architect Arthur Hills (1991)

Dress code Collared shirt, no cutoffs, denim OK

Nice Course

Nice layout and nice condition for the money. We played on a Holiday Weekend and the pace of play was good. The rough is tuff so keep it in the fairway.

Great conditions! Course is in great shape! First time, fun course, good layout. Will be back for sure

Excellent condition

Course is challenging and the greens were in great shape.

Great Value - Hidden Gem

I had heard Turnberry was a great course, and I finally got out to see for myself. Other than it being pretty wet from a lot of rain the day before, the course was in excellent condition. Greens were fast, fairways were plush, and the rough was tough. The staff was friendly, and although I didn't need it, there's a nice halfway house that seemed to attract a lot of people. It's a pretty layout with some great holes. There is an odd one on the back...17 I think...but otherwise it's a good layout. I played poorly, but it wasn't due to the course. Maybe if I hit more than 24% of the fairways I would have done better!

Good conditions

The course was very well kept. Short yardage’s but I played the whites instead of the blues. So just adjust back and it is fun

Very nice course

Very nice course. Excellent conditions. Nice friendly staff

Early morning round. Had a lot of fun.

Was the first person off in the morning, and was sent out as a single. Played very fast since no one was in front of me. Grounds crew was still working throughout my round, but were courteous when we crossed paths.

Golf with friend

We got off the first tee fast and the pace of play was good. We played in less than three hours. The greens were in great shape as were the fairways. Played well even though every green is elavated due to the Blacklick Creek nearby. Weather was excellent, couldn't ask for a nicer day, warm and little wind.

Good day

Frost delay. The guys handled it well. Even when a couple grumpy guys was giving the starter a hard time.

Whoever was in charge of pin positions Nov 8 was a jerk

I played Turnberry back in early November so this review is a bit dated, but I just had to get something off my chest. I get that late in the year theres not so much need to put in tee markers (plus I've played the course so many times I know exactly where I want to hit from) but when you're putting in the holes, could you please not put the holes in literally the most difficult and inconvenient spot ON EVERY SINGLE HOLE? Not even joking. The holes weren't in the 1 position or the 2 or 3, but in the punitive position. Always on the top of a ridge or on a side slope.

I would give this course 4 stars in general but I'm dinging them a point for this round due to what jerks the hole location pickers were. Must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something.

Decent Muni

Walked on a Sunday, 2 days after rain and the course was still wet. Not completely waterlogged but surprisingly wet. We had only the 3rd tee time of the day; 3 of us walked behind a twosome in a cart and a foursome walking. My group always plays fast, we finished in 4.5 hours, at least an hour longer than we normally would have finished starting this early. This is a long round, especially for a links style overlapping layout course. This is always the biggest issue at municipal courses, pace of play. There are no rangers and pace is never encouraged, the courses are always crowded. Despite my complaints of pace, the course was in very good shape. Fairways were nicely mown bentgrass, greens were also in good shape and rolled well enough. If I could do anything to improve this course I would lower the price 5 bucks and send out some rangers to speed up play. I'll definitely return to play here some day but it may be more like a year or two before I do.

Good course, very friendly staff

Very nice staff. Course was in great shape. Pace of play was good.

Course was fine, pace and conditions fine. Went with an inexperienced golfer who was able to enjoy the round and learn more about the game.

i played this course for a few years while on a league. We have since moved on to another course and I was very glad to get back to Turnberry and play it again.

Impressive!

I had left another course in the area because of poor pace of play and decided to visit Turnberry. I have played Turnberry 10+ times, but not in the past 3 years. I was really impressed. The course was in immaculate shape - lush, well watered, beautiful mowing (stripes in fairways), great tee boxes,, etc. The pro shop, starter, and food/bev staff were out-of-their-way friendly. They had a surprisingly great beer selection (imports, craft, New Belgium Summer, etc.). The Arthur Hills course design can be as tough as you want to make it. We played the tips and were adequately challenged. I can't wait to go back.

Valid dates: Oct 11, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019