Editor's Note: Course closed for business.

Goose Creek Golf Club in Leesburg, Virginia offers a challenging layout that will have you using every club in your bag. The layout has small greens that are difficult to read and narrow, winding fairways lined with thick rough. There are also strategically placed bunkers framing the greens. With numerous uphill, downhill, and blind tee shots, accuracy is essential to scoring well on this golf course. Several holes on the back nine run alongside Goose Creek, providing some of the best scenery on the course. The creek and a few ponds provide water hazards on some of the holes. The course is a formidable test but diverse enough to appeal to both low and high handicappers but the affordable rates are what make Goose Creek G.C. especially appealing.

Goose Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1952
Fairways Rye Grass
Architect William F. Gordon Rick Jacobson (2007)

Why

This was an amazing course to play. Great views, very well maintained, awesome layout. Too bad they decided to turn it into a 9 hole course and build homes on it. Guess golf keeps loosing the battle.

Will miss this course..

I have played Goose Creek countless times over the past 7-8 years and always enjoyed it, The staff is friendly and helpful, the price is fair and the course is convenient and challenging.

I understand there is a plan in place to develop some/all of the course and create a 9 hole course with a hotel etc on the property. While we do need some nicer hotels in Leesburg - giving up the convenience and quality of the course is a high price.

Oh well, it will be a good quick 9 hole option I guess.
Best wishes to all the staff there - good folks!

Goose Creek well worth a visit

Played on a perfect Fall day temps were in the high 60's. We played in under 3 hours, a first for that course for my wife and me. Course was in excellent condition, green and in great shape for a heavily used public venue.

Very good intermediate course for a fun weekend

Although this course isn't going to be on the PGA tour, I think it is a great course for beginner to intermediate players. I have played there multiple times and have never had any issues with time, always finish under 4 hours and have a great time. The prices are great and the staff are awesome. If you are looking for a non expensive fun round of golf Goose creek is the place to go.

Nice course at reasonable price

The course plays well, but it was very crowded for a
Wednesday afternoon.

Commented on 11/14/2015

I played today. Everything was fine except marshall. He was following my group to last 5 holes to push our speed up.. He was watching ours every shot... it was too bad manner for customers.

Good conditions but traps need work

Course had good conditions, including tee box, fairways, and greens. Kudos to the grounds crew. My only complaint is the traps are in terrible shape. Most of them are filled with water and the ones that aren't, are not maintained. Not sure if it is a drainage problem. Course is a little tight with small greens, but good layout. It's not too long, except for the par 3s. Played from the back tees and three of the 3s were over 200 yards.

Enjoyable Round! Fast Front 9, Slow Back 9.

I had an enjoyable, last minute round at Goose Creek! I booked my 3:00 tee time at 2:30, and just got to the course on time. The staff was very accommodating, and the gentleman in the pro shop even reduced my rate since GolfNow charged me a bit more. The rate I got on GolfNow was $46, but the rate at that time of day was $39. He charged me for $39, and that was much appreciated! Fairways were very well manicured. Greens were firm, and rolled very smooth. The pace on the front 9 was very quick, but it bottlenecked very quickly on the back 9. I was waiting on pretty much every tee shot after hole number 12 on the back 9. I eventually paired up with a couple nice guys on hole number 15, and we were able to finish quicker after that. Otherwise, the round was fun, and the course is in great shape! This was only my 3rd time playing Goose Creek, but I have enjoyed every time I have been here. I know some people aren't a fan of the lack of a driving range, but I usually just pitch and putt before a round anyway, and so that was not a big deal to me! Enjoy your round!

Excellent

This was my second time playing here and I was even more impressed. The pro shop staff was super-accommodating, the course was in great shape and it was an enjoyable day. A few holes are noisy, but besides that I'd recommend Goose Creek as a value course playable by all skill levels.

Good Place to Play

I really like this course - challenging enough without and fair. Fairways were lush and greens just fast enough. I play it about 5 times yearly, and always have had a good experience.

Best Value

When the cart is included and you're playing mid week $30 for 18 is good. We all played ready golf. 3.25 hours for 18 was perfect for my day

The greens were fast and the course was well groomed and for fall - no leaves.

Hole 3 needs some tall grass work and the sand trap is a mess. I'm sure that will be fixed soon

This is a top notch course. play it!

Poor fair ways

The course was very poor the fair ways were very srewed up and greens were good but the fairways was poor

Good Deal for the price

Only problem with this course is that some of the Greens are beyond where the next hole's tee boxes are which can be dangerous when waiting to tee off

Not a fan

I had been wanting to play at Goose Creek for awhile since I live close by and finally went on 8/26. I was not impressed to say the least. Started off with a surprise that there's no driving range to warmup. the practice putting green wasn't very good either. The fairways are very narrow and the whole course feels very crammed in. Pace of play was very slow for middle of the week.Wouldn't recommend or return. Cheap prices, but now I know why...

Very "playable" Course

Course is very well maintained and very forgiving, but also challenging. Pace of play and course condition was very good on an excellent day.

Course in great shape

Fairways and greens were great. Got held up on front 9 by some older guys but after we got around them we flew through the back 9. Friendly staff. Will play there again price was great!

Challenging, Beautiful Golf Course

Goose Creek is on the short side, but with many sloped fairways, tiny and undulating greens and downhill, dog-leg approaches, it is a challenging course even from the white tees. A bit hard to navigate the first time, so ask directions to the 1st, 10th and 18th tee boxes. During the week this course is relatively uncrowded, at least in part because it is a 45-60 minute drive from D.C. Well worth the trip, however.

Awesome course just would be nice if it had a driving range as the 1st hole has a challenging Tee shot.

Local course

Course is I good condition. Close to me. Cost effective. Recommend to everyone!

Ashburn, Virginia
Dulles, Virginia
Sterling, Virginia
Sterling, Virginia

Valid dates: May 10, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.