1.4
1.4
2 reviews

Goose Creek Golf Club in Leesburg, Virginia offers a challenging layout that will have you using every club in your bag. The layout has small greens that are difficult to read and narrow, winding fairways lined with thick rough. There are also strategically placed bunkers framing the greens. With numerous uphill, downhill, and blind tee shots, accuracy is essential to scoring well on this golf course. Several holes on the back nine run alongside Goose Creek, providing some of the best scenery on the course. The creek and a few ponds provide water hazards on some of the holes. The course is a formidable test but diverse enough to appeal to both low and high handicappers but the affordable rates are what make Goose Creek G.C. especially appealing.
Goose Creek Golf Club
Scorecard for Goose Creek
Blue M: 71.8/130 475 387 169 377 376 411 308 322 193 3018 329 429 417 236 496 494 227 425 339 3392 6410
White M: 69.6/125 471 366 143 346 370 393 279 297 155 2820 321 410 375 189 449 484 182 375 332 3117 5937
Red W: 70.7/123 391 324 111 323 335 292 272 244 144 2436 270 350 312 155 428 433 159 308 319 2734 5170

Year Built 1953

Course Conditions Poor
Value for the Money Poor
Course Layout Poor

Why

This was an amazing course to play. Great views, very well maintained, awesome layout. Too bad they decided to turn it into a 9 hole course and build homes on it. Guess golf keeps loosing the battle.
Quality of food & beverage Average
Pace of Play Good
Off-course amenities Excellent
Course Conditions Excellent

Will miss this course..

I have played Goose Creek countless times over the past 7-8 years and always enjoyed it, The staff is friendly and helpful, the price is fair and the course is convenient and challenging. I understand there is a plan in place to develop some/all of the course and create a 9 hole course with a hotel etc on the property. While we do need some nicer hotels in Leesburg - giving up the convenience and quality of the course is a high price. Oh well, it will be a good quick 9 hole option I guess. Best wishes to all the staff there - good folks!
Value for the Money Excellent

Goose Creek well worth a visit

Played on a perfect Fall day temps were in the high 60's. We played in under 3 hours, a first for that course for my wife and me. Course was in excellent condition, green and in great shape for a heavily used public venue.
Value for the Money Excellent

Very good intermediate course for a fun weekend

Although this course isn't going to be on the PGA tour, I think it is a great course for beginner to intermediate players. I have played there multiple times and have never had any issues with time, always finish under 4 hours and have a great time. The prices are great and the staff are awesome. If you are looking for a non expensive fun round of golf Goose creek is the place to go.
Staff Friendliness Good
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Excellent

Nice course at reasonable price

The course plays well, but it was very crowded for a Wednesday afternoon.
Staff Friendliness Average
Quality of food & beverage Fair
Pace of Play Average
Value for the Money Good
oj650427
Commented On 11/15/2015
I played today. Everything was fine except marshall. He was following my group to last 5 holes to push our speed up.. He was watching ours every shot... it was too bad manner for customers.

Good conditions but traps need work

Course had good conditions, including tee box, fairways, and greens. Kudos to the grounds crew. My only complaint is the traps are in terrible shape. Most of them are filled with water and the ones that aren't, are not maintained. Not sure if it is a drainage problem. Course is a little tight with small greens, but good layout. It's not too long, except for the par 3s. Played from the back tees and three of the 3s were over 200 yards.
Staff Friendliness Good
Value for the Money Good

Enjoyable Round! Fast Front 9, Slow Back 9.

I had an enjoyable, last minute round at Goose Creek! I booked my 3:00 tee time at 2:30, and just got to the course on time. The staff was very accommodating, and the gentleman in the pro shop even reduced my rate since GolfNow charged me a bit more. The rate I got on GolfNow was $46, but the rate at that time of day was $39. He charged me for $39, and that was much appreciated! Fairways were very well manicured. Greens were firm, and rolled very smooth. The pace on the front 9 was very quick, but it bottlenecked very quickly on the back 9. I was waiting on pretty much every tee shot after hole number 12 on the back 9. I eventually paired up with a couple nice guys on hole number 15, and we were able to finish quicker after that. Otherwise, the round was fun, and the course is in great shape! This was only my 3rd time playing Goose Creek, but I have enjoyed every time I have been here. I know some people aren't a fan of the lack of a driving range, but I usually just pitch and putt before a round anyway, and so that was not a big deal to me! Enjoy your round!
Pace of Play Average

Excellent

This was my second time playing here and I was even more impressed. The pro shop staff was super-accommodating, the course was in great shape and it was an enjoyable day. A few holes are noisy, but besides that I'd recommend Goose Creek as a value course playable by all skill levels.

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019