Longest Hole/Waterfall at Meadows Farms Golf Course

Meadows Farms Golf Course
Scorecard for Longest Hole/Waterfall Co
Blue M: 73.1/123 427 478 841 176 398 203 400 408 578 3909 497 158 440 174 351 295 327 165 555 2962 6871
White M: 70.7/121 386 426 761 143 372 174 354 384 536 3536 440 152 394 149 348 290 306 160 545 2784 6320
Gold M: 69.2/117 W: 70.2/119 290 388 700 126 214 154 342 365 476 3055 435 145 295 113 335 258 295 130 507 2513 5568
Red M: 67.1/112 W: 66.1/105 221 303 495 116 209 103 265 304 429 2445 346 140 293 102 198 204 203 88 405 1979 4424

Year Built 1996
Fairways Rye
Greens Bent
Architect Bill Ward

Single Allowed Yes

Not For The Serious Golfer

This is a "gimmick" course and not suitable for an experienced / serious golfer. Pin placements were horrible - on slopes and in many cases just a couple of feet off the rough. Layout is tricky and must be played many times to understand the course. However, with so many better options in the area, I don't plan to be back any time soon.

Response from Meadows Farms Golf Course on 10/15/2018:
Hello Danny, thank you for taking the time to review us, Meadows Farms Golf Course, in the Locust Grove, Virginia area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Longest Hole

The course is looking really good. I have been playing this course for 9 years. The course is looking really well. New carts that have USB chargers to charge your electronic devices..

Too slow to enjoy

Course is nice and has lots of potential however pace of play was horrible. We waited no less Han 10 minutes on every tee box. I would not recommend thie course to a friend for just that reason.

Response from Meadows Farms Golf Course on 08/22/2018:
Thank you for coming out to Meadow Farms and for leaving us a review. We are sorry about the pace of play on the day you played, but we hope that you still enjoyed the course. We will keep working to improve pace of play here, and we hope that you will be able to have a better experience the next time you golf with us.

Very enjoyable

26-hole course, each 9 has something unique to set it apart. We played the Islands and Waterfalls. Course was in good shape though the greens were slow due to recent rains. Loved the bent-grass fairways. $30 each including cart through Golf Now made it a super deal.

Fun course with some quirky holes

Third time that I have played the courses over about a decade, and all three nine-- holes- were all in terrific shape. The three signature holes--the island green, the waterfall hole and the par 6 longest hole in America, as well as the baseball diamond hole--were novel and great fun. The other holes have great variety. The practice hole is a nice idea and sets the tone that these are courses that should be enjoyed and scoring not taken too seriously. We had a wonderful time and would recommend them particularly when you need a good break from your usual courses.

Short

Shirt course. A lot of blind shots. Greens in good condition. Friendly staff

Response from Meadows Farms Golf Course on 06/22/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Not worth the almost $60

I made a tee time online for 2 at 8:30 am two days in advance and when I showed on time up they said I had to wait more than an hour so we could tee off. It took 6 hours to play 18 hole which isn't good at all, we were stuck behind a 6 foursomes that had tee times after us but went before us even though we were 15 mins early for our tee time. The tee boxes were patchy and most of the fairways and rough weren't cut in over 4 or 5 days. The food was okay but slow.

Response from Meadows Farms Golf Course on 06/11/2018:
Hello Tony, thank you for taking the time to review us, Meadows Farms Golf Course, in the Locust Grove, Virginia area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the tee boxes so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Nice Course

Played the longest and the waterfall courses. nice having 27 holes so it doesnt feel too crowded. staff was really nice. course conditions were average; majority of fairways were good, greens very nice and fast, tee boxes were terrible though. great pace of play played 18 in about 3 hours.

Response from Meadows Farms Golf Course on 05/08/2018:
Hello Michael, thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff at Meadows Farms Golf Course and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

Wonderful Course

This is the first time my friends and I have played this course. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The greens were in great shape and the course was easy to follow with color coded arrows. The scenery was beautiful and we could not have asked for better weather! I highly recommend playing one of the courses.

S.G.

What a great golf experience.

We chose Meadows Farms for our annual golf trip. this is a fun course with a wide variety interesting holes that We can’t wait to play again. the course is in great shape for April. It is evident that the course is well cared for. the greens are challenging and true. Even though the course is popular, having 27 holes spread the golfers out and left us often feeling like we had the course to ourselves. The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. This may be the friendliest golf course we’ve ever visited. we can’t wait to return.

Blast from the past

Played here in my high school days but revisited when in town. I played the day after a huge wind storm and wasn't sure they'd be open. I had an 8am tee time and couldn't reach them by phone early in the morning. Showed up hoping for the best. Turns out they were planning on opening late but my tee time was on the sheet (only one till 9:45) so the entire staff came in to open on time and didn't seemed put out at all, quite the opposite in fact. And not just to open; they cleared the entire course of debris before I got there. I was floored. The new (to me) ownership knows customer service. The course itself was in great shape for the dead of winter. Greens rolled true and fast. Layout is as interesting as I remember. A couple holes with some gimmicky contoured fairways but overall a fun track. I will definitely be playing again when in town visiting family.

improving course

I have played here for 6 years and the course has greatly improved...The greens are big yet very challenging and the balls roll true. The fairways are like hitting of a tee and there are beautiful holes all over the course.....worth the time or drive.

MEADOWS FARM CONTINUES TO IMPROVE!

Meadows Farms has done a superb job revamping their course. There has been considerable upgrades such as replacement of older rock & boulders on water hazard borders to wooden piles with fill. The course has been cleaned up considerably of undergrowth. The greens are in fantastic shape for this time of year and prior to the first frost were probably the best in the area. Having 3 sets of 9 assures their starters with flexibility for pace of play while busy. Their employee's are attentive and are golfers themselves so they understand your needs. Tom S. (USCG Ret).

The course was very well maintained. Only complaint is all the gravel in the wraparound bunker on the #2 Par 3 hole on the Waterfall course. I damaged my nearly brand new sand wedge because the ball was sitting on a pile of hidden gravel under the thin layer of sand. There should be a warning sign about potential club damage if this is not going to be addressed by course management/grounds crew.

The Starter and snackbar staff initiated contact with a smile and were very polite. The counter staff need to concern themselves more with in-person customers than bothering with ones on the phone. Had to stand by for more than 5 minutes while he took 3-4 "phone in" tee times before taking 30 seconds to check me in after having already done the online booking.

A warm up hole? A par 6 hole? Very different layout for each course.

The course is broken into 3 separate 9 hole courses. There’s a warm up hole.... ???? good idea I guess. My friend and I played the Island and Longest Hole Courses. I’ll begin my review with the course conditions.

The overall course conditions were good. Some fairways were a little dry and some were perfect. The rough is really non existent. Grass is not really high and most times I landed in the rough I had a good lie to still go after the hole. There are some holes with different features, hole 8 and 11 has around 40 small lounds in the rough. Most of the tee boxes are really small (like really small). The boxes felt like compacted dirt and you couldn’t take a divot. Some of the tee boxes were not in good shape. The sand traps were huge, but not really a lot of dirt on them. Maybe 1-2 inches of dirt (not necessarily sand). However, it wasn’t hard to hit out of them. Greens were in great shape. Soft and very fast. Some were aireted recently.

The island course is very short (3000+ from the back tees). It has a couple island holes (2 and 6?). Most of the holes are pretty straight, few with any doglegs. You can see the flag from most of the holes. A good amount of the holes have water in play in the hole. Islands are just like islands (short par 3 green surrounded by water everywhere). The course gets longer towards the end and more change in elevation. The beginning greens hardly have any break. So it’s either easy or not interesting (except holes 8 and 9).

The longest hole course is 3900+ yards. Everything that was said about the island course is totally opposite on the longest hole. Lots of doglegs, changes in elevation, tees placed on small flat spots and lots of slope surrounding it. They are owner of the longest hole (841 yd par 6). Can get on he green in 3 with really good shots. It’s just so long!!!! Few PGA regulation Par 4 (465 ish). I really enjoyed this 9 hole course. The 18th hole has a nice wide open view looking down towards the club house.

I didn’t have much interaction with the staff. So I can’t rraljy review that.

Overall, good course for the money. Look for some hot deals on golf now. I definitely recommend to play this course. It’s a little far inland but worth the drive.

CTTarHeel
Commented On 11/25/2017

Warm up hole and par 6 is totally Farmer Bill Meadows. I graduated from Loudoun County High School in 1978, and his son went to rival school Broad Run. Each graduating class has senior superlatives -- most likely to succeed, best student, etc. Bill Meadows created an award for the Broad Run student senior who had the most fun, so when he created a golf course with a par 6 and warm up hole, it was totally Farmer Bill. (And, if you read this Bill, thanks for sponsoring the Fish Heads softball team for so many years in Reston!)

Locust Grove, Virginia