Longest Hole/Waterfall at Meadows Farms Golf Course

Singles allowed: Yes
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Location is worth the drive   Great for locals seniors wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards undulating greens elevation changes   Great for 19th hole scenic views drinks

"Short"

David2728920's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/14/2018

Shirt course. A lot of blind shots. Greens in good condition. Friendly staff

Response from Meadows Farms Golf Course on 06/22/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

"Not worth the almost $60"

TonyRedco22's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2018

I made a tee time online for 2 at 8:30 am two days in advance and when I showed on time up they said I had to wait more than an hour so we could tee off. It took 6 hours to play 18 hole which isn't good at all, we were stuck behind a 6 foursomes that had tee times after us but went before us even though we were 15 mins early for our tee time. The tee boxes were patchy and most of the fairways and rough weren't cut in over 4 or 5 days. The food was okay but slow.

Response from Meadows Farms Golf Course on 06/11/2018:

Hello Tony, thank you for taking the time to review us, Meadows Farms Golf Course, in the Locust Grove, Virginia area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the tee boxes so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Nice Course"

Michael4687095's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2018

Played the longest and the waterfall courses. nice having 27 holes so it doesnt feel too crowded. staff was really nice. course conditions were average; majority of fairways were good, greens very nice and fast, tee boxes were terrible though. great pace of play played 18 in about 3 hours.

Response from Meadows Farms Golf Course on 05/08/2018:

Hello Michael, thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff at Meadows Farms Golf Course and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

"Wonderful Course"

sgonzo's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

This is the first time my friends and I have played this course. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The greens were in great shape and the course was easy to follow with color coded arrows. The scenery was beautiful and we could not have asked for better weather! I highly recommend playing one of the courses.

S.G.

"What a great golf experience."

jackfahey's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2018

We chose Meadows Farms for our annual golf trip. this is a fun course with a wide variety interesting holes that We can’t wait to play again. the course is in great shape for April. It is evident that the course is well cared for. the greens are challenging and true. Even though the course is popular, having 27 holes spread the golfers out and left us often feeling like we had the course to ourselves. The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. This may be the friendliest golf course we’ve ever visited. we can’t wait to return.

"Blast from the past"

ksmoot81's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2018

Played here in my high school days but revisited when in town. I played the day after a huge wind storm and wasn't sure they'd be open. I had an 8am tee time and couldn't reach them by phone early in the morning. Showed up hoping for the best. Turns out they were planning on opening late but my tee time was on the sheet (only one till 9:45) so the entire staff came in to open on time and didn't seemed put out at all, quite the opposite in fact. And not just to open; they cleared the entire course of debris before I got there. I was floored. The new (to me) ownership knows customer service. The course itself was in great shape for the dead of winter. Greens rolled true and fast. Layout is as interesting as I remember. A couple holes with some gimmicky contoured fairways but overall a fun track. I will definitely be playing again when in town visiting family.

Oludare5678681's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/26/2017

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/24/2017

"improving course"

limagolf3's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/20/2017

I have played here for 6 years and the course has greatly improved...The greens are big yet very challenging and the balls roll true. The fairways are like hitting of a tee and there are beautiful holes all over the course.....worth the time or drive.

"MEADOWS FARM CONTINUES TO IMPROVE!"

varoadrunner's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/19/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Meadows Farms has done a superb job revamping their course. There has been considerable upgrades such as replacement of older rock & boulders on water hazard borders to wooden piles with fill. The course has been cleaned up considerably of undergrowth. The greens are in fantastic shape for this time of year and prior to the first frost were probably the best in the area. Having 3 sets of 9 assures their starters with flexibility for pace of play while busy. Their employee's are attentive and are golfers themselves so they understand your needs. Tom S. (USCG Ret).

Jason3320591's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/20/2017

The course was very well maintained. Only complaint is all the gravel in the wraparound bunker on the #2 Par 3 hole on the Waterfall course. I damaged my nearly brand new sand wedge because the ball was sitting on a pile of hidden gravel under the thin layer of sand. There should be a warning sign about potential club damage if this is not going to be addressed by course management/grounds crew.

The Starter and snackbar staff initiated contact with a smile and were very polite. The counter staff need to concern themselves more with in-person customers than bothering with ones on the phone. Had to stand by for more than 5 minutes while he took 3-4 "phone in" tee times before taking 30 seconds to check me in after having already done the online booking.

"A warm up hole? A par 6 hole? Very different layout for each course."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/06/2017

The course is broken into 3 separate 9 hole courses. There’s a warm up hole.... ???? good idea I guess. My friend and I played the Island and Longest Hole Courses. I’ll begin my review with the course conditions.

The overall course conditions were good. Some fairways were a little dry and some were perfect. The rough is really non existent. Grass is not really high and most times I landed in the rough I had a good lie to still go after the hole. There are some holes with different features, hole 8 and 11 has around 40 small lounds in the rough. Most of the tee boxes are really small (like really small). The boxes felt like compacted dirt and you couldn’t take a divot. Some of the tee boxes were not in good shape. The sand traps were huge, but not really a lot of dirt on them. Maybe 1-2 inches of dirt (not necessarily sand). However, it wasn’t hard to hit out of them. Greens were in great shape. Soft and very fast. Some were aireted recently.

The island course is very short (3000+ from the back tees). It has a couple island holes (2 and 6?). Most of the holes are pretty straight, few with any doglegs. You can see the flag from most of the holes. A good amount of the holes have water in play in the hole. Islands are just like islands (short par 3 green surrounded by water everywhere). The course gets longer towards the end and more change in elevation. The beginning greens hardly have any break. So it’s either easy or not interesting (except holes 8 and 9).

The longest hole course is 3900+ yards. Everything that was said about the island course is totally opposite on the longest hole. Lots of doglegs, changes in elevation, tees placed on small flat spots and lots of slope surrounding it. They are owner of the longest hole (841 yd par 6). Can get on he green in 3 with really good shots. It’s just so long!!!! Few PGA regulation Par 4 (465 ish). I really enjoyed this 9 hole course. The 18th hole has a nice wide open view looking down towards the club house.

I didn’t have much interaction with the staff. So I can’t rraljy review that.

Overall, good course for the money. Look for some hot deals on golf now. I definitely recommend to play this course. It’s a little far inland but worth the drive.

Commented on 11/25/2017

Warm up hole and par 6 is totally Farmer Bill Meadows. I graduated from Loudoun County High School in 1978, and his son went to rival school Broad Run. Each graduating class has senior superlatives -- most likely to succeed, best student, etc. Bill Meadows created an award for the Broad Run student senior who had the most fun, so when he created a golf course with a par 6 and warm up hole, it was totally Farmer Bill. (And, if you read this Bill, thanks for sponsoring the Fish Heads softball team for so many years in Reston!)

"Interesting features"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Fun Sunday afternoon of golf. Interesting collection

of island greens and magnificent waterfall hole. Friendly wide Bermuda fairways in excellent

condition. Woman friendly tees. Some greens have

curvaceous topography...but are fair if read correctly.

"WORTH THE DRIVE AND TIME"

TroyJames's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/15/2017

I've Been Wanting To Play Meadow Farms For Over Ten Years and Finally Made it out to Play it on Friday & Saturday 9/15-16/2017. Well What Took You So Long ? It's not like its right around the corner. If you Love Golf,Just like me you're Gonna Be KICKING Yourself for waiting so Long. The Property Is Fabulous , the layout is Fun and Fair. The Creativity of the design is Genius. The Have Three Nines, " The Island Nine, which has multiple Island Greens hence the name, The Longest - which entails the Longest Hole in America According to the Gueness Book of Records at 841 yard Par 6 , Yep you heard it right. Finally the Waterfall Nine which has a par Three on top of a Waterfall which is Beautiful." The Greens where extremely Fast you have to stay below the hole unless you're a Glutton for Punishment. Finally the Last thing that I would like you to know is about the Ownership and staff. NEVER Have I been to a Course where the people Loved Golf and Cared more about there Customers. They did everything except " Make My Birdie Putts For Me on Those Really Fast Greens" . Kenny and his Loyal Group of people where OUTSTANDING. A Not So Funny Thing Is Happening In Our Country Concerning Golf. These Jewels of Golf courses are going out of Business. Just heard This week that the Famed " Bulle Rock " In Havre de Grace Is Up for sell again and possibly Going out of Business. So PLEASE GO OUT AND SUPPORT KENNY and his Group at Meadow Farms, I PROMISE YOU WON'T BE DISSAPPOINTED. I Highly Reccomended This Golf Course. Also They have a Cabin on Property that Sleeps 8 for Unlimited Golf for $89.00 Bucks, per/person. Golf and Accomadations WHAT A BARGAIN.....!!!

cnvliddick's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/28/2017

"Meadow Farms GC"

u190514657's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/23/2017

Saw complex on GolfNow, "hotdeals", while vacationing @ Lake Anna. Played the Island green/Longest Hole, 18 hole course. The waterfall course was closed due to aeration. Played the "white tees". Course condition was excellent, and greens were very fast, (even after aeration). Course is hilly and some hidden shots. Found 2 water ponds on the longest hole. Definitely a need to keep the ball in the fairway. Round was 4 1/2 hours. Check-in, concession staff and starter could not be nicer. I enjoyed the experience and want to play it many more times.

"Awesome course"

aznjazon's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/19/2017

First time I've ever played here and I'm wondering why it took me this long to come play here. The course has so many different variations from hole to hole. Water hazards, sand traps, straightforward holes, uphill, downhill valleys, blind tee shots, undulating greens, etc. You name it you got it here. Will definitely strongly consider making this place my home course.

"Beautiful Scenery, Always interesting and fun course yet, challenging,"

alexgen's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/06/2017

It's been few years last time I played on this course. The Staffs are always friendly as I remembered,.

The course fairway is very nice and greens are in Excellent condition and well taken care of.

I played "Longest" and "Waterfall" as I played last time.

Tee box is in average condition, can make nice clean shot from fairways, and greens are firm and hold the shot and rolls fast [green speed was about 10, not slow but fast enough].

Need to go back to play "Island"!

Another nice fun memory whenever I play here.

"Meadows Farms, By Far the BEST Course in the Region!!"

EricRuck's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2017

First Time playing Meadows Since new owners took over. All I can Say is they have done nothing short of AMAZING. The Improvements and condition of the facilities, and courses are outstanding. First 18 was so good we played another 18. Staff is friendly, helpful, and polite, made you feel like you were an old family friend. I cannot Recommend this place enough, other courses in the area could learn a lot from these folks. Fantastic Facilities and a Fair Price. Thank you Meadows for a really great day.

"Great place to play"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/31/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Very fun course and the staff have the course in great playing condition.