Longest Hole/Waterfall at Meadows Farms Golf Course

Meadows Farms Golf Course
Scorecard for Longest Hole/Waterfall Co
Blue M: 73.1/123 427 478 841 176 398 203 400 408 578 3909 497 158 440 174 351 295 327 165 555 2962 6871
White M: 70.7/121 386 426 761 143 372 174 354 384 536 3536 440 152 394 149 348 290 306 160 545 2784 6320
Gold M: 69.2/117 W: 70.2/119 290 388 700 126 214 154 342 365 476 3055 435 145 295 113 335 258 295 130 507 2513 5568
Red M: 67.1/112 W: 66.1/105 221 303 495 116 209 103 265 304 429 2445 346 140 293 102 198 204 203 88 405 1979 4424

Year Built 1996
Fairways Rye
Greens Bent
Architect Bill Ward

Single Allowed Yes

Very enjoyable

26-hole course, each 9 has something unique to set it apart. We played the Islands and Waterfalls. Course was in good shape though the greens were slow due to recent rains. Loved the bent-grass fairways. $30 each including cart through Golf Now made it a super deal.
Staff Friendliness Good
Course Layout Good

Fun course with some quirky holes

Third time that I have played the courses over about a decade, and all three nine-- holes- were all in terrific shape. The three signature holes--the island green, the waterfall hole and the par 6 longest hole in America, as well as the baseball diamond hole--were novel and great fun. The other holes have great variety. The practice hole is a nice idea and sets the tone that these are courses that should be enjoyed and scoring not taken too seriously. We had a wonderful time and would recommend them particularly when you need a good break from your usual courses.
Staff Friendliness Poor

Short

Shirt course. A lot of blind shots. Greens in good condition. Friendly staff
Value for the Money Good
Course Layout Average
Response from Meadows Farms Golf Course on 06/22/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Not worth the almost $60

I made a tee time online for 2 at 8:30 am two days in advance and when I showed on time up they said I had to wait more than an hour so we could tee off. It took 6 hours to play 18 hole which isn't good at all, we were stuck behind a 6 foursomes that had tee times after us but went before us even though we were 15 mins early for our tee time. The tee boxes were patchy and most of the fairways and rough weren't cut in over 4 or 5 days. The food was okay but slow.
Staff Friendliness Average
Pace of Play Poor
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Poor
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Meadows Farms Golf Course on 06/11/2018:
Hello Tony, thank you for taking the time to review us, Meadows Farms Golf Course, in the Locust Grove, Virginia area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the tee boxes so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Nice Course

Played the longest and the waterfall courses. nice having 27 holes so it doesnt feel too crowded. staff was really nice. course conditions were average; majority of fairways were good, greens very nice and fast, tee boxes were terrible though. great pace of play played 18 in about 3 hours.
Off-course amenities Average
Course Conditions Average
Course Layout Good
Response from Meadows Farms Golf Course on 05/08/2018:
Hello Michael, thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff at Meadows Farms Golf Course and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

Wonderful Course

This is the first time my friends and I have played this course. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The greens were in great shape and the course was easy to follow with color coded arrows. The scenery was beautiful and we could not have asked for better weather! I highly recommend playing one of the courses. S.G.
Course Layout Excellent

What a great golf experience.

We chose Meadows Farms for our annual golf trip. this is a fun course with a wide variety interesting holes that We can’t wait to play again. the course is in great shape for April. It is evident that the course is well cared for. the greens are challenging and true. Even though the course is popular, having 27 holes spread the golfers out and left us often feeling like we had the course to ourselves. The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. This may be the friendliest golf course we’ve ever visited. we can’t wait to return.

Blast from the past

Played here in my high school days but revisited when in town. I played the day after a huge wind storm and wasn't sure they'd be open. I had an 8am tee time and couldn't reach them by phone early in the morning. Showed up hoping for the best. Turns out they were planning on opening late but my tee time was on the sheet (only one till 9:45) so the entire staff came in to open on time and didn't seemed put out at all, quite the opposite in fact. And not just to open; they cleared the entire course of debris before I got there. I was floored. The new (to me) ownership knows customer service. The course itself was in great shape for the dead of winter. Greens rolled true and fast. Layout is as interesting as I remember. A couple holes with some gimmicky contoured fairways but overall a fun track. I will definitely be playing again when in town visiting family.
Staff Friendliness Good