Meadows Farms Golf Course
Scorecard for Island Green/Waterfall
Blue M: 69.4/127 360 170 368 375 142 300 393 518 470 3096 497 158 440 174 351 295 327 165 555 2962 6058
White M: 66.9/124 W: 71.7/129 333 137 351 348 127 256 373 490 361 2776 440 152 394 149 348 290 306 160 545 2784 5560
Gold M: 64.7/116 W: 69.4/123 300 111 203 257 86 246 362 380 351 2296 435 145 295 113 335 258 295 130 507 2513 4809
Red W: 63.4/112 251 111 195 250 80 230 298 376 305 2096 346 140 293 102 198 204 203 88 405 1979 4075

Year Built 1996
Fairways Rye
Greens Bent
Architect Bill Ward

Single Allowed Yes

Course condition

Greens and fairways were fabulous tee boxes need a little help.

Friendly staff

Played the Island Green and Waterfall nine's. Both were in great shape. The course looks and plays nicely. There isn't enough drinking water on the course and yesterday was an extremely warm day. Overall experience was very good at the course.

Fun Course

Almost everything about the course was perfect. Only complaint is that there were no ball washers on the course. This was about my fourth time to play the course, and I will certainly come again.

Beautiful setting

Course was lush you could see from the tee the challenges on the hole being played. I did notice that even the grounds crew was respectful of golfers play.

Awesome day

This course boast of having the longest hole in the US, they are correct. I had a great time playing here, only would have made it better if it wasn’t cart path only. I don’t mind walking what a course. Great layout and the staff was very friendly. I was going to be late for the tee time and they worked with me so I wouldn’t lose my round. Great day overall.

Virginia Advisor

Still Longing For The Glory Days

Meadow Farms Golf Course remains one of the most unique layouts in Virginia, if not the whole East Coast. From the 600+ yard longest hole, to par-3 greens on top of waterfalls, in baseball outfields, and surrounded entirely by sand, there are plenty of memorable holes in this 27-hole layout.

Having played here at least once a year for the past 8 years, I’ve seen the conditions of the course wax and wane but even when the grass is lush and the greens run smoothly, there’s a sense that this course is past it’s glory days. The Longest Hole, for instance, has long since abandoned it’s “841 yard” playability as the furthermost tee box has not been used for quite some time. The tunnel that goes up behind the waterfall on the Waterfall Hole was closed years ago and never repaired. The baseball diamond on the aforementioned baseball par-3 is mostly grass now.

The lack of upkeep on the ambiance aside, the day I played it was 80 degrees and there was NO WATER on the course whatsoever. This was not communicated to me by the starter and I found this combination not only inexplicable but dangerous: 4.5 hours in the hot sun with no water is a recipe for heat exhaustion or worse.

As for the course itself, it continues to play pretty well though it’s if often very crowded and pace of play can suffer a bit. I typically play here when I get a decent GolfNow discount so that may also factor into when it’s most crowded.

The novelty of this course is still worth the 90-minute drive for me once a year but I really wish they would take the next step to refurbish the course and pay more attention to the small-but-important details that help make a round so enjoyable.

P.S. props to the young lady running the grill who stayed late to get me a cup of water from the soda fountain, you were a lifesaver!

Keeps getting better, enjoyed very much!

I used to play play a lot at this course when I lived close by and loved it!
It’s been several months or close to a year, I came to play again and I see the course gotten lot better. Fairway is still nice and smooth, it’s brown but it’s getting green as we are heading into spring. Greens are good shape as well. They aerated the green but still rolls FAST!
The staffs were really friendly and nice too, I loved and enjoyed the whole rounds and definitely coming back to play soon.

Awesome Course

A small group of us spent the weekend and had a great time. We checked into the cottage and played 18 holes on Friday and 27 on Saturday. We would've played 27 on Friday but the weather wouldn't cooperate.

We were treated very well the entire weekend thanks to the great staff, they were willing to meet any needs we had and accommodated us better than I could've imagined.

The course itself is a lot of fun as there's a mixture of difficulty and scenery with seemingly each hole. The longest hole was a challenge, I tried to conquer it twice and failed miserably both times! All 9s however are fantastic and I am looking forward to the possibility of spending another weekend here in the future.

Good course

This course is a lot more open than Lee Hills, but the rough is thicker, so keep it in the fairways . I played with a person familiar to the course which helped a lot. Overall I had a good time and would go back again.

Great Layout. Friendly Staff

Overall, very enjoyable course with a fun layout, not overly challenging for the recreational golfer. Very quick greens, fairways and bunkers could use a little work in areas, but overall great value for the money. Will return when in the area

Not For The Serious Golfer

This is a "gimmick" course and not suitable for an experienced / serious golfer. Pin placements were horrible - on slopes and in many cases just a couple of feet off the rough. Layout is tricky and must be played many times to understand the course. However, with so many better options in the area, I don't plan to be back any time soon.

Response from Meadows Farms Golf Course on 10/15/2018:
Hello Danny, thank you for taking the time to review us, Meadows Farms Golf Course, in the Locust Grove, Virginia area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Longest Hole

The course is looking really good. I have been playing this course for 9 years. The course is looking really well. New carts that have USB chargers to charge your electronic devices..

Too slow to enjoy

Course is nice and has lots of potential however pace of play was horrible. We waited no less Han 10 minutes on every tee box. I would not recommend thie course to a friend for just that reason.

Response from Meadows Farms Golf Course on 08/22/2018:
Thank you for coming out to Meadow Farms and for leaving us a review. We are sorry about the pace of play on the day you played, but we hope that you still enjoyed the course. We will keep working to improve pace of play here, and we hope that you will be able to have a better experience the next time you golf with us.

Very enjoyable

26-hole course, each 9 has something unique to set it apart. We played the Islands and Waterfalls. Course was in good shape though the greens were slow due to recent rains. Loved the bent-grass fairways. $30 each including cart through Golf Now made it a super deal.

Fun course with some quirky holes

Third time that I have played the courses over about a decade, and all three nine-- holes- were all in terrific shape. The three signature holes--the island green, the waterfall hole and the par 6 longest hole in America, as well as the baseball diamond hole--were novel and great fun. The other holes have great variety. The practice hole is a nice idea and sets the tone that these are courses that should be enjoyed and scoring not taken too seriously. We had a wonderful time and would recommend them particularly when you need a good break from your usual courses.

Short

Shirt course. A lot of blind shots. Greens in good condition. Friendly staff

Response from Meadows Farms Golf Course on 06/22/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Not worth the almost $60

I made a tee time online for 2 at 8:30 am two days in advance and when I showed on time up they said I had to wait more than an hour so we could tee off. It took 6 hours to play 18 hole which isn't good at all, we were stuck behind a 6 foursomes that had tee times after us but went before us even though we were 15 mins early for our tee time. The tee boxes were patchy and most of the fairways and rough weren't cut in over 4 or 5 days. The food was okay but slow.

Response from Meadows Farms Golf Course on 06/11/2018:
Hello Tony, thank you for taking the time to review us, Meadows Farms Golf Course, in the Locust Grove, Virginia area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the tee boxes so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.
Locust Grove, Virginia
Locust Grove, Virginia
3.2054823529
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Culpeper, Virginia
Stafford, Virginia
Woodberry Forest, Virginia

Valid dates: Jun 18, 2019 - Aug 31, 2019
Fling and Swing! Golf Package for 2, includes 1 round of golf for 2 daily, a resort fee applies, 50 USD resort credit per night.
Sewailo Golf Club Stay & Play Hotel Package