Previously known as Somerset Golf Club.

Pro 72 6500 yards 72.3 138
Red/Gold 72 4920 yards 65.2 121
Scorecard for Rapidan Golf Club at Somerset Farms
Pro M: 72.3/138 380 134 511 300 347 252 421 472 379 3196 492 392 398 397 414 174 402 151 484 3304 6500
Red M: 70.0/133 350 124 485 265 306 230 403 422 358 2943 479 344 360 354 392 151 373 135 456 3044 5987
Black M: 67.5/128 W: 70.2/119 311 117 469 259 276 166 373 354 334 2659 455 336 293 347 379 136 369 127 428 2870 5529
White M: 65.2/121 W: 66.9/109 261 110 395 231 253 140 349 327 289 2355 429 293 247 293 366 119 331 122 365 2565 4920

Year Built 1997
Architect Jerry Slack (1997) Rick Robbins (2003)

Rapidan Golf

Fun Time With Friends, No Rush and Wasn’t Pushed to Play. Great Price on GolfNow!

Great Learning Course

I’m really a first year golfer @ 71yrs. I played on a Monday & had the course to myself. It’s great to be able to take all the time you need without the pressure of feeling you are holding up play.
The course is nice for my level of play & the staff is very friendly & willing to help. I will go again for sure. I shot a 101. Almost broke that 100!

Getting better

Have plated here on and off for years. It appears the new people are improving the each month. Its now playable and fun......

Definitely not a easy coarse

Definitely not a easy golf course to play very competitive with other courses.
Fun as long as you know the. Layout
Needs more yardage markers especially on par 5

Commented On 06/26/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Rapidan another try in the near future.

Needs work

Tee boxes were terrible. Needed to be mowed and moved. Greens were average at best. Layout is good and challenging. Would love to play again with improvements to tee boxes and greens.

Commented On 06/18/2019

Hi u000004274188! Thank you so much for leaving us with your detailed feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is extremely important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back again soon!

Appreciation

I would like to thank this golf course and all of its employees
for honoring all Military by hosting this special weekend for
all to enjoy.
It show that people do care about the military.

I thank you.

Respectfully,

Al Baldonado USA Army 1SG (Ret)

Awesome course!

Played in an outing this morning at Rapidan Golf Course. The property is in really nice condition. The greens were fast and smooth. The only poor thing is the bunkers, but from what the young man was telling me they are in process of re-doing them all. Lunch was awesome and great beers on tap. Really impressed with the golf course today. We’ll be back!

Good bones but poorly maintained.

Layout was good and POP excellent - 3 1/2 hours on a Sunday morning. Maintenance sorely lacking. Greens were recently punched and sanded = very slow;. Hard to find grass on tee boxes;. Spotty conditions in the fairways and rough. Just showing a lack of attention to care of the course.

Commented On 04/08/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Rapidan Golf Club. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years but are very sorry to hear that your recent experience with us was poor. We greatly value your feedback and will continue to make the necessary improvements to your overall experience with us. We hope that you would give us another chance to improve upon the course and hope that you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Nr6MTH6lsjgeh0pNJS4K
Commented On 04/08/2019

Thank you for playing with us. Greens were aerified a week ago, and are slowly healing due to the frosts last week. Fairways and roughs have not begun to grow yet, due to the weather. We are making improvements daily to the course, so I would encourage you to give us another try soon!

Course needs work

This course needs work to the fairways and greens. It needs to be updated.

Commented On 04/01/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Getting in to great shape!

Been playing here for many years with the Thursday Seniors League. Have seen the highs and the lows of the course. The new team managing the course is doing a great job bringing the course back to life. For the first time that I can remember the greens were actually a little too fast for my taste. Overall our group is looking forward to the golf season this year.

Not bad for the price

I use the course to practice my game , it is looking better but no match for other courses in the area , but inexpensive for practice.

Commented On 07/12/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

This course is laid out to make up strokes if you can keep it in the fairway. I've played it 3x's now from the tips and have done ok. Next time I will move up and see what improves. The only kind of bad thing is that the tee boxes need more attention to detail. I would recommend this course to play. It's a hidden gem for the price.

Sequoia Solo

Played the course today and tee box need immediate attention along with bunkers. Rest of course was quite enjoyable and there was no temporary greens when I played. Staff was totally awesome from the pro shop to the kitchen servers. Golf carts even has USB ports for charging your phone and hot deal rate was even more special. Played with Art/Curt whom can get around the course in record breaking speed.

Work in progress

Staff is doing a good job getting the course in shape fairways are good greens getting in shape the T- boxes not so good. Overall I enjoyed my round will definitely play again keep up the good work

Commented On 06/10/2019

Hello, Adam. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Nice layout, spotty greens

There greens and bunkers could use some help. There were some holes requiring the right carry, and some bombs away holes. This made the round lots of fun.

Commented On 05/23/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review Rapidan Golf Club and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the greens and bunkers may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback so we may work on any necessary improvements. However, we're glad you enjoyed the course layout and had a fun time on the course. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Brand New Electric Carts

Carts have two (2) UBS plugs for charging cell
Phone etc

Tee box's poor condition the overall Virginia area had too much rain a a number of course had problems beyond reasonable
Weather conditions

We played via golf now

Response from Rapidan Golf Club on 10/11/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

What a turnaround!

This course has had its share of ups and downs. Most recently this past summer, the greens were horrendous, and the rough was out of control. My group just played today after we had heard through the grapevine that the conditions had improved, and that’s no joke. The greens are in decent to great shape now. They still need some work, but wow what a difference a few weeks have made. The rough was playable all around as well. The property has such a great layout, and with the right TLC this will be one of the must-play courses in VA!

Lost their greens

Terrible condition. Greens were a sandy mess with little actual grass. Pro shop said they had been aerated a couple of weeks before; I can’t imagine what they looked like before. Layout was OK but couldn’t really enjoy playing because of the conditions. No range either.

Response from Rapidan Golf Club on 10/15/2018:
Hello, on behalf of Rapidan Golf Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.
Locust Grove, Virginia