Rapidan Golf Club

Practice bunker: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Yellow 72 5849 yards 68.5 120

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for locals advanced golfers beginners   Challenges include elevation changes forced carries narrow fairways

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2018

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/12/2018

Weeds on tee boxes and on some fairways but greens were good and fairways good overall.

Response from Rapidan Golf Club on 06/14/2018:

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review our course, Rapidan Golf Club, and for the 3 stars. We hope that you enjoyed playing our golf course and that you will see improvements in the course conditions the next time you are with us. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your overall experience and we thank you for recommending our golf course. We would look forward to seeing you again out here at Rapidan soon.

"Needs work"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2018

The front 9 was great but could use a cut on fareway as weeds were growing, tees boxes were in good shape.. now the back 9 is a different story the tee boxes were spotty and bare with dirt to hit off of, fareway were ok but rough was like playing in your back yard, all the greens were hard but in ok shape. But for the price of 18 bucks can’t complain to much I guess

Response from Rapidan Golf Club on 06/11/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Rapidan Golf Club, and for the 3 stars. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played, and your feedback about our tee boxes and fairways is greatly appreciated. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff and that your round was a great value for you, so we hope this improved your overall experience with us. Thank you for choosing our course here in Locust Grove, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Course needs work"

bumper203's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2018

Greens were acceptable, but the fairways were not. The course conditions have gone downhill since last year. Even the tee boxes were in poor shape. Also, like many courses, a ranger is needed to speed up play. There were multiple holes open in front of the group ahead of us, yet they never offered to let us thru. A ranger can fix that.

Response from Rapidan Golf Club on 06/11/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Rapidan Golf Club, in the Locust Grove, Virginia area. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years but are very sorry to hear about your recent experience with us may have been poor due to the course conditions. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements, and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Getting Way Better"

TonyRedco22's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2018

I played about a month ago and the course was in pretty rough shape, but now they seem to be doing a lot better. The food was good and I always love talking with the younger guys in the pro-shop, they are nice and one of them helped a little with my back swing. I'll definitely be back there soon!!

"Course is challenging"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/22/2018

Friendly staff great location needs more selection in pro shop and kitchen

"what happened....."

limagolf3's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

The course needs work. The fairways the grass was higher then the ball, and the rough was rough.Played it 2 weeks ago and it was better, its like someone forgot to work on the course....Not worth the deal of $18 I paid....

Response from Rapidan Golf Club on 05/16/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Rapidan Golf Club, in the Locust Grove, Virginia area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the fairways so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/10/2018

Response from Rapidan Golf Club on 05/11/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

"Hopeful"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/08/2018

Hard teeboxes with sparse grass...inconsistent fairway grasses and “backyard” rough...excellent greens (that could use a cut) on the best overall layout within 50 miles. If the decision-makers would get their heads out of their ***** and invest some money this would be the best course in the Spotsy/Orange/Culpeper/Stafford area!

Response from Rapidan Golf Club on 05/11/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Rapidan Golf Club in Locust Grove, the Myrtle Beach area, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the fairways so may work on any necessary improvements. However, we're glad you received a good value for your round and had a fun time on the course. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Good Course For The $$$"

patrickworkman's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018

We played on a Sunday at about 11a for less than 30 bucks a person so you can't beat that. Course was in decent shape. Greens were a little hard but to be expected with the lack of rain. Course layout is interesting and keeps it entertaining. Wish they had a driving range and put a little bit more money into the course as you find a lot of areas with dead grass or patchy areas where you ball is between a dead spot and grass. But overall a good inexpensive track.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2018

"getting better"

limagolf3's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/05/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

I play here 4-5 times a year. The course is improving and fun to play....greens were good shape the only poor thing are the bunkers. Hit them straight.....

Response from Rapidan Golf Club on 03/22/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff at Rapidan Golf Club. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the golf experience that you deserve.

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/06/2018

Got this round on golf now. Front nine has a couple holes that run side by side while back nine holes are separate. Greens were in good shape and fairways are Bermuda so the ball sits relatively nice.

Response from Rapidan Golf Club on 02/28/2018:

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our course. We really appreciate the feedback. We're glad that you enjoyed your round, and we hope that you return again soon. Thanks again for choosing Rapidan Golf Club.

"Challenge"

TimothyThomas's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/20/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

From the tips very difficult 30% of the holes. Impossible 4 holes first time you play them.

"Not Great"

Phempfield's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/24/2015

I was surprised to see the dormant grass. Course is rough around the edges. I'm glad I didn't pay that much.

"The course is horrible and in horrible shape it looks like a field"

glumpkin1's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/24/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather

The course is horrible and in horrible shape it looks like a field<br/> The staff is not friendly at all.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

Commented on 11/01/2015

Actually, I amend my previous response now that I know who you are. To those reading this review, these "Gentlemen" arrived an hour early for twilight and wanted to tee off early, which we could not do. When ready to play, they had two coolers of alcoholic beverages which, according to Virginia State Law, is prohibited on golf courses who have ABC licenses. When advised, they begrudgingly returned to their vehicles where the proceeded to pack their golf bags with said alcoholic beverages. I advised again they could not bring their stash onto the course. I will not print their response. When asked for a refund, it was denied.

Very childish to write a false review and we respectfully request Golf Now to remove this review from our course.

Any questions, please contact me, 540-547-7274.

To other golf now participating courses, beware if this group books with your facility.

Commented on 10/31/2015

I have to admit you must have your courses confused. Rapidan Golf Club in NO WAY can be considered in horrible shape. If you did in fact play here, please contact me, Matt Callaghan at 540-547-7274 so we can discuss your play and your expectations. Would like to know what time you played as you did not book through Golf Now.

Rapidan Golf Club is committed to the highest standard of customer service and providing a product everyone can enjoy. Again, please contact us to discuss.

"Great time"

u619389130's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2015

I had a great time playing here with my dad. Through golf now it was only 20$ each. The best part about this course was that there was only a couple of people out there, so we were really able to relax and enjoy the course. Beautiful weather and the staff was really cool.

"Rapidan Play"

uZMUB9516ZM's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/18/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Tee boxes are in rough shape. Fairways okay and greens very good. Did not eat there.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor

"A different experience"

JohnGatt's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2015

Compared to the many other courses in Virginia, this one has distinctive characteristics all its own. The elevation changes were amazing and the dog legs often resulted in blind tee shots. The fairway grass was uniform and the huge greens were consistently smooth and putt-able. As other reviews mentioned the tee boxes were hard and scarce of grass which made tee shots especially on the par 3s a challenge. One minor suggestion is to have arrows painted in the cart paths leading to the next tee( Meadow Farms uses this technique) Overall a nice change of pace and worth the drive from Gainesville.

"Not an easy course; but worth the drive from DC"

redlegbob's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/15/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Loved playing this course; got to use every club in my bag. Tee boxes are very hard; almost impossible to get tees into the ground on most holes. Many, many obstacles to hit over and around; and lots of blind shots. Multiple elevation changes within most holes between tee box to fairway to green. As a result, you get to lay up a lot; probably won't use your driver more than 3 or 4 times in the round otherwise you won't be able to see where your ball lands. Greens played very fast. You have to strategize your play of most every hole. Very scenic. Will definitely add it to my summer rotation of courses and go back next year.