Lake of the Woods Country Club

Type Private
Lake of the Woods Golf Course
Silver (W) 72 5133 yards 70.3 123
Scorecard for Lake of the Woods
Blue M: 72.6/133 410 390 180 387 562 387 155 463 430 3364 386 296 206 550 348 376 404 220 404 3190 6554
White M: 70.7/130 W: 75.9/135 394 382 163 367 541 352 144 445 367 3155 363 285 176 541 332 366 393 186 393 3035 6190
Gold M: 67.6/122 W: 72.1/127 363 348 148 286 518 320 138 430 289 2840 310 276 150 458 320 342 305 160 330 2651 5491
Red M: 62.3/110 W: 65.9/114 300 315 144 287 445 318 133 424 289 2655 307 276 148 393 320 325 297 127 321 2514 5169

Year Built 1966
Architect American Woodmaker

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Virginia (2017 #11)

This course has nice greens

Too much rain recently for the course to be playable. Most Fairways were extremely soggy, and getting to the fairways from the cart path (through the extremely soggy rough) was a challenge. Once you got on the greens it was normal and the greens were in very good shape. A lot of leaves still on the fairways.

Nice clubhouse with food served in a casual and friendly atmosphere. Appreciated restrooms being open on the course during winter play!

Lake of the Woods Country Club
Commented On 2019-01-08T17:01:08.000+00:00

Hello Chinjen, thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us at Lake of the Woods Golf Course. We are sorry to see that the fairways may not have been in the best shape when you played due to the poor weather conditions. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will use it to make the necessary improvements to the course and the fairway quality. Our golfers' overall experience is extremely valuable to us and we hope that you will give us another chance to show you how we've improved. Thank you for your choosing our course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lake of the Woods is a must play

This course has a great layout, good greens and plenty of slope to make it challenging. Booking thru GolfNow with a hot deal is an awesome deal. I really like the course and will continue to visit this facility.

Better hit it straight

This was the first time playing the course. The layout is challenging with tree lined fairways and a few blind tee shots. It has rained the past few days so it was cart path only. Overall the course was is pretty good shape. The greens were in ok shape, very playable but not perfect. I found the greens to be fast and the was plenty of break. There was not a flat green on the course. For the money, hot deal $17 plus fee, it was well worth it. I look forward to going back and playing it again with a little course knowledge.

Long day

Greens are in poor shape- slow pace of play— lots of open tee times but still had to wait

Response from Lake of the Woods Country Club on 09/24/2018:
Hello Randy, on behalf of Lake of the Woods Country Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Overall a good course

Course was wet from the recent rains and therefore played long, but overall in good shape. Some of the tees needed work, but the greens were good. Since it is cut out of a home development, there is a lot of out of bounds though out the course.

I would play again.

Had a really enjoyable time On this course. Pace was a little slow due to individuals not allowing folks to play through but I wasn’t in a hurry. I will be back. The staff are working extremely hard to get the course in shape. There were some rough patches but overall I would give the conditions of th course a B+.

Issues

Everytime I have played here this year, there has been issues, you either have to play same nine twice, you play certain holes only, there is ground under repair, they were spraying greens today while I was trying to approach. I have been behind a five some on multiple times just like today and I have been involved in extremely slow play overall everytime I play here

Response from Lake of the Woods Country Club on 07/12/2018:
Hello Mark, thank you for taking the time to review us, Lake of the Woods Country Club, in the Locust Grove Virginia area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the greens so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Good round

Corse is in good condition for the hot days we have had. Some burn spots but staff is working on improving the conditions.

Relaxing

I play at this golf course at least once a week and I always enjoy the staff and pace of play.. I like the course..

Lake of Woods

Great Course. Great Layout. Many fairways have OB on left and right, stay in the middle. Nice Greens. No driving range is my only downside.

Excellent experience!

I enjoyed the course! The fairways are tight and required me to really focus! Thank You for the wonderful experience!

One of the worst ever

For the price I felt I was getting a good deal. What the lady at the pro shop failed to tell me was that there was a seniors tournament going on that day. I get to hole 6 and ask the group of 4 if I could go ahead, I was the only person in my group so I move fast. They get mad and say no we are in a tournament. So I decide to skip the hole all together and go to the next where it was clear. I play the hole and as I am leaving the green, someone from that same group hits there ball as I’m coming off and nearly hit me. I let it go and move on. I realize that every hole is swamped with people and I didn’t have 8 hours to sit there and wait so I went to leave where the lady from the pro shop met me and said that a group complained that I skipped a hole and she was quite nasty to me about that, so I said forget it, you have lost a customer for good. Do not go play here. It is a terrible course, it’s not taken care of, and worst of all, the players on this course are snobby and extremely rude. Never waste your time here.

Response from Lake of the Woods Country Club on 05/14/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Lake of the Woods Country Club, in the Virginia area. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years but are very sorry to hear your recent experience with us may have been poor due to the course conditions. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements, and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Probably my last time

As I said in my first review, the pace of play is problematic. Well, today it was horrific. I get the feeling the "old guard" club members are not enamored with opening the course to the public. The members start at any hole they choose on the course, play glacially, and are crotchety. Add to the fact that it seems the course either isn't irrigated or they are choosing not to irrigate the fairways, the quality of play was not enjoyable. I don't think I'll be going back

Response from Lake of the Woods Country Club on 05/11/2018:
Hello Fred, thank you for taking the time to review us, Lake of the Woods Country Club, in the Virginia area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the rangers so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Fun course

I enjoyed playing my second round here. The clubhouse staff was very friendly and accommodating. The course is in good shape for early season with the exception of some of the areas right off the greens that need to be seeded. My only critique is the pace of play as it is a gated community with membership. So, on both occasions I ran into very slow playing groups as well as singles who wanted to push the pace.

Solid

Grass a little worn and thin from crappy weather but overall I really like the layout. Greens in great shape. Staff is great. Can't beat the price.

Fun and challenging course

I enjoy playing this course. It requires accuracy to score low, but is not unfair. The woods, hills, rolling terrain, and varying lengths of the holes keep things interesting. You can lose some golf balls here. Some of the Par 4’s are a bit long for an older player like me. The greens were in excellent shape, especially for this time of year, but the fairways were dormant and a recent windstorm had strewn small branches in many places. So, some of the fairway lies were a bit rough. A cafe style restaurant is located at the course. Overall, great staff and great course for the money. Try it,

Locust Grove, Virginia
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Stafford, Virginia
Culpeper, Virginia

Valid dates: Jan 11, 2019 - Mar 03, 2019
An oasis of elegance amid the harsh beauty of the desert that surrounds it, the JW Marriott Las Vegas boasts 541 oversized guestrooms and is located adjacent to TPC Las Vegas. Complimentary shuttle service and a seamless experience make this resort a first class option.