Lake of the Woods Country Club

Type Private
Lake of the Woods Golf Course
Silver (W) 72 5133 yards 70.3 123
Scorecard for Lake of the Woods
Blue M: 72.6/133 410 390 180 387 562 387 155 463 430 3364 386 296 206 550 348 376 404 220 404 3190 6554
White M: 70.7/130 W: 75.9/135 394 382 163 367 541 352 144 445 367 3155 363 285 176 541 332 366 393 186 393 3035 6190
Gold M: 67.6/122 W: 72.1/127 363 348 148 286 518 320 138 430 289 2840 310 276 150 458 320 342 305 160 330 2651 5491
Red M: 62.3/110 W: 65.9/114 300 315 144 287 445 318 133 424 289 2655 307 276 148 393 320 325 297 127 321 2514 5169

Year Built 1966
Architect American Woodmaker

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Virginia (2017 #11)

Plays Long 1
9-Hole Rounds 1
Playing Multiple Courses 1

Overall a good course

Course was wet from the recent rains and therefore played long, but overall in good shape. Some of the tees needed work, but the greens were good. Since it is cut out of a home development, there is a lot of out of bounds though out the course.

I would play again.

Had a really enjoyable time On this course. Pace was a little slow due to individuals not allowing folks to play through but I wasn’t in a hurry. I will be back. The staff are working extremely hard to get the course in shape. There were some rough patches but overall I would give the conditions of th course a B+.

Issues

Everytime I have played here this year, there has been issues, you either have to play same nine twice, you play certain holes only, there is ground under repair, they were spraying greens today while I was trying to approach. I have been behind a five some on multiple times just like today and I have been involved in extremely slow play overall everytime I play here

Response from Lake of the Woods Country Club on 07/12/2018:
Hello Mark, thank you for taking the time to review us, Lake of the Woods Country Club, in the Locust Grove Virginia area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the greens so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Good round

Corse is in good condition for the hot days we have had. Some burn spots but staff is working on improving the conditions.

Relaxing

I play at this golf course at least once a week and I always enjoy the staff and pace of play.. I like the course..

Lake of Woods

Great Course. Great Layout. Many fairways have OB on left and right, stay in the middle. Nice Greens. No driving range is my only downside.

Red Sky
Greg Norman brings his unique approach to course design to Red Sky Golf Club in his signature style, lead by a philosophy of environmental stewardship. His “least disturbance” approach drives him to create courses that enhance their natural surroundings and highlight their unique features.

Excellent experience!

I enjoyed the course! The fairways are tight and required me to really focus! Thank You for the wonderful experience!

One of the worst ever

For the price I felt I was getting a good deal. What the lady at the pro shop failed to tell me was that there was a seniors tournament going on that day. I get to hole 6 and ask the group of 4 if I could go ahead, I was the only person in my group so I move fast. They get mad and say no we are in a tournament. So I decide to skip the hole all together and go to the next where it was clear. I play the hole and as I am leaving the green, someone from that same group hits there ball as I’m coming off and nearly hit me. I let it go and move on. I realize that every hole is swamped with people and I didn’t have 8 hours to sit there and wait so I went to leave where the lady from the pro shop met me and said that a group complained that I skipped a hole and she was quite nasty to me about that, so I said forget it, you have lost a customer for good. Do not go play here. It is a terrible course, it’s not taken care of, and worst of all, the players on this course are snobby and extremely rude. Never waste your time here.

Response from Lake of the Woods Country Club on 05/14/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Lake of the Woods Country Club, in the Virginia area. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years but are very sorry to hear your recent experience with us may have been poor due to the course conditions. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements, and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Probably my last time

As I said in my first review, the pace of play is problematic. Well, today it was horrific. I get the feeling the "old guard" club members are not enamored with opening the course to the public. The members start at any hole they choose on the course, play glacially, and are crotchety. Add to the fact that it seems the course either isn't irrigated or they are choosing not to irrigate the fairways, the quality of play was not enjoyable. I don't think I'll be going back

Response from Lake of the Woods Country Club on 05/11/2018:
Hello Fred, thank you for taking the time to review us, Lake of the Woods Country Club, in the Virginia area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the rangers so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.
Locust Grove, Virginia