Type Private
Lake of the Woods Golf Course
Silver (W) 72 5133 yards 70.3 123
Scorecard for Lake of the Woods
Blue M: 72.6/133 410 390 180 387 562 387 155 463 430 3364 386 296 206 550 348 376 404 220 404 3190 6554
White M: 70.7/130 W: 75.9/135 394 382 163 367 541 352 144 445 367 3155 363 285 176 541 332 366 393 186 393 3035 6190
Gold M: 67.6/122 W: 72.1/127 363 348 148 286 518 320 138 430 289 2840 310 276 150 458 320 342 305 160 330 2651 5491
Red M: 62.3/110 W: 65.9/114 300 315 144 287 445 318 133 424 289 2655 307 276 148 393 320 325 297 127 321 2514 5169

Year Built 1966
Architect American Woodmaker

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Virginia (2017 #11)

A little disappointed

Disappointed there was no driving range, so no warm up before play. Few on-course markers for distances. All yellow flags so not even basic front-to-back indication by flag color for pin location. Had to play as a single, as they oversold my tee time into a fivesome, but would not allow a fivesome on the course.
Some fairways are tight, and no indication of distances to doglegs, or traps.
Greens and fairways in good shape. No brown grass anywhere. The course is a solid four, but don't go without GPS!

Commented On 07/09/2019

Hello MikeTracy5. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback in regards to GPS to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Disappointed

Although this was a pretty course, there was one hole closed for repair, something that management should have noted on their website or told us when we checked in. Also, no one advised us of the daily pin placement number. It took us several holes to figure it out. Some of the pin placements were way too close to the edges of the greens. The tee placements were very inconsistent with the yardage on the card, particularly the location of many of the gold/senior tees which were mostly only a few to several yards in front of the white/men's tees.

Commented On 06/17/2019

Hi naylorwm. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Lake of the Woods Country Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Awesome Check-in with Kim

Upon arrival we were greeted at a gated community checkpoint.
The girl at the gate seemed to be put off by our arrival. Immediately we were not impressed! She asked our name and checked a list. She waved us through and I had to ask her which way were we going? She just flicked her head to the right like to just go on.
Once we got to the clubhouse, I went inside to expect more of the same snooty-ness. To my great surprise I was greeted with some true southern hospitality from Kim at the desk. She was soo cheerful and truly excited to have myself and my daughter at their golf course.
I went on to tell her that we were on a golf vacation from Ct. and this was the first round of our trip. She said that we should stop in when we were loaded up and she would get us off a little earlier as rain was expected later that afternoon.
How nice is that? Kim was gracious and actually concerned that we have a great day on the course.
We stopped in and there were a couple very friendly gentlemen conversing in the pro shop. One was a greens keeper and the other was the pro. They offered us some tips before we tee'd off.
The greens were treated but rolled true, the fairways were being cut and the cart paths were paved. However the 14th hole was closed as they were redoing the entire hole.
I like that the course winds through the community and the residents were very friendly. It just goes to show that you can't judge a book by the gatekeeper...Lol

Diamond in the ruff!

This is a great course, always great round when I play. Locals to course very friendly and staff as well!

Needs time

We just came out of winter and I can tell this course is going to be beautiful once everything grows in and the greens heal up from being punched and sanded

Commented On 04/15/2019

Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Lake Of The Woods Golf Course. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your feedback and leaving us with a raving review. We hope to see you again in the future.

Nice layout in need of repair

Overall the course layout is nice. However, the course has sustained a lot of water damage due to rain. One hole (14) was closed for repair. Fairways were still brown but lots of bare ground. All green were airiated thus putting was an adventure. Course should let Golfnow know this on their profile. To me, not worth more than $20 a round at this time.

Commented On 04/12/2019

Hi meatbag74. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Lake of The Woods Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

This course has nice greens

Too much rain recently for the course to be playable. Most Fairways were extremely soggy, and getting to the fairways from the cart path (through the extremely soggy rough) was a challenge. Once you got on the greens it was normal and the greens were in very good shape. A lot of leaves still on the fairways.

Nice clubhouse with food served in a casual and friendly atmosphere. Appreciated restrooms being open on the course during winter play!

Commented On 01/08/2019

Hello Chinjen, thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us at Lake of the Woods Golf Course. We are sorry to see that the fairways may not have been in the best shape when you played due to the poor weather conditions. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will use it to make the necessary improvements to the course and the fairway quality. Our golfers' overall experience is extremely valuable to us and we hope that you will give us another chance to show you how we've improved. Thank you for your choosing our course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lake of the Woods is a must play

This course has a great layout, good greens and plenty of slope to make it challenging. Booking thru GolfNow with a hot deal is an awesome deal. I really like the course and will continue to visit this facility.

Better hit it straight

This was the first time playing the course. The layout is challenging with tree lined fairways and a few blind tee shots. It has rained the past few days so it was cart path only. Overall the course was is pretty good shape. The greens were in ok shape, very playable but not perfect. I found the greens to be fast and the was plenty of break. There was not a flat green on the course. For the money, hot deal $17 plus fee, it was well worth it. I look forward to going back and playing it again with a little course knowledge.

Long day

Greens are in poor shape- slow pace of play— lots of open tee times but still had to wait

Response from Lake of the Woods Country Club on 09/24/2018:
Hello Randy, on behalf of Lake of the Woods Country Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Overall a good course

Course was wet from the recent rains and therefore played long, but overall in good shape. Some of the tees needed work, but the greens were good. Since it is cut out of a home development, there is a lot of out of bounds though out the course.

I would play again.

Had a really enjoyable time On this course. Pace was a little slow due to individuals not allowing folks to play through but I wasn’t in a hurry. I will be back. The staff are working extremely hard to get the course in shape. There were some rough patches but overall I would give the conditions of th course a B+.

Issues

Everytime I have played here this year, there has been issues, you either have to play same nine twice, you play certain holes only, there is ground under repair, they were spraying greens today while I was trying to approach. I have been behind a five some on multiple times just like today and I have been involved in extremely slow play overall everytime I play here

Response from Lake of the Woods Country Club on 07/12/2018:
Hello Mark, thank you for taking the time to review us, Lake of the Woods Country Club, in the Locust Grove Virginia area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the greens so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Good round

Corse is in good condition for the hot days we have had. Some burn spots but staff is working on improving the conditions.

Relaxing

I play at this golf course at least once a week and I always enjoy the staff and pace of play.. I like the course..

Lake of Woods

Great Course. Great Layout. Many fairways have OB on left and right, stay in the middle. Nice Greens. No driving range is my only downside.

Excellent experience!

I enjoyed the course! The fairways are tight and required me to really focus! Thank You for the wonderful experience!

Locust Grove, Virginia