Meadows Farms Golf Course

Greens Bent
Architect Bill Ward

Single Allowed Yes

Public Golf

First time playing. Lots of gimmicky holes. Rough conditions. Needs a lot of work. Lots of people standing around in groups (kind of upsetting with Covid-19 in the area).

Driving range and some practice facilities.

Had a good time with family.

Commented on 04/09/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Island Green/Longest Hole at Meadows Farms Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 04/09/2020

Thank you for coming out and playing, we are glad you had a good time. We are working hard to get everything in great shape which will improve more when it gets warmer and the grass can start growing again. We are keeping a limit to how many can be in the clubhouse and doing our best to work with our guest to try and discourage hanging around the parking lot or at least to remember to keep that 6 foot distance. We want to keep everyone safe and still offer some fun exercise through this time . We are keeping everything sanitized constantly. If you have any more concerns please reach out to us, we are happy to get any suggestions that can help keep everyone safe.

Sunny day

Low score for pace of play cuz everyone else had the same idea but it was great getting out there and hitting a few.
Spending time with my son and enjoy our day it was worth the wait.

Meadows Farms What Happened?

I’ve never felt compelled to leave a review for a good course before, but I felt like I needed to after my latest
Round at Meadows Farms.

First off, the track gets a positive for remaining to be open during this overhyped flu thing. The weather was beautiful and you can’t go wrong being outside in the fresh air.

That’s about the only positive I have to say though. We played Island and Longest for our 18 holes. The greens are usually a highlight, but they have just been worse and worse since last summer. There was a major weed infestation in the fall, and there are bare spots on the greens now. The fringes are non existent on a lot of the greens; just dirt and weeds. Tee boxes were in decent shape, but divots were all over the place, and not being filled. Fairways are still in winter and not green yet.

Pace of play was HORRENDOUS. Took my group almost 6 hours to play 18 holes. This is a normal issue with Meadows Farms though. They like to push as many groups out as possible, which is good for business, but not for patrons.

I have been playing here for a long time, before the Dotson’s took it over, and now I guess there is a new guy running the place. I don’t have any personal complaints, but some of my playing mates have stated their interactions with the new manager have not been pleasant, and that him (or the Dotsons) are raising prices and messing up the memberships.

Overall, I guess the overall theme of my review is to avoid for now. The new guy (or gal?) has a long road to bring this place back to at least decent.

Commented on 04/07/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course conditions are extremely important to us. We are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We would also like to apologize for any miscommunication or misunderstanding during your tee time with us. We will make sure to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop for further resolution in this matter. Thank you for playing Island Green/Longest Hole at Meadows Farms Golf Course. We hope to hear from you soon.

A fun track

This is really a fun track to play with your friends. Very nice layout with ups and downs. It’s pretty open but challenging with very nice scenery. The holes are moderately to very challenging and the pace of play, on this day, was very good. Given the time of year the course is in pretty good shape but could definitely use some work. Overall it was fun, fun, fun.

Downhill Fast

Been playing this course sparingly over the past few years. Have never really enjoyed it, but this past round was horrendous. The greens are terrible. There are weird bare spots or weeds on a lot of them. They were not putting very smooth at all. A lot of the fringes are bare. Fairways were in decent shape, and the tees were hit or miss.

The course is very gimmicky, which I guess is what they market towards. Unfortunately, it seems like a lot of poor golfers go there, because it took us almost 6 hours to play 18 holes. We were waiting 10 mins on every tee box. Felt like the starter wasn’t concerned about pace of play.

For new golfers: Greens are small and tough to hit. A lot of blind shots that if you don’t know the course, you will be in trouble.

My suggestion: Play somewhere else.

Commented on 11/07/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We appreciate you playing our course over the years but are very sorry to hear that your recent experience with us was poor. We greatly value your feedback and will continue to make the necessary improvements to your overall experience with us. We hope that you would give us another chance to improve upon the course and hope that you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. We also apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and we are glad to see you rated the course conditions to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Island Green/Longest Hole at Meadows Farms Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Fun

This is a very fun course to play great landscaping and some unique hole layouts. Included with the island 9 is a practice hole to warmup before keeping score. The par 6 is challenging but not impossible to par with strong 2nd and 3rd shots.

Simply Perfect

The Greens were rolling perfectly!
The Tee Boxes and Fairways were lush and the ball sat up nicely for approach shots!
Love this place!

Great lay out

Challenging yet playable course. Enjoyable round, friendly staff.

Lesson Learned

Course was in poor condition. Several holes closed with makeshift greens. For example, par 3 green was what looked to be a tee box and if your ball landed on it, it was counted as a birdie. Not a real green.

Will not go back.

Commented on 10/04/2019

Hi, SJStine1956. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We understand your frustration with the construction projects underway. Please bear with us as we work diligently to make improvements. We hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thanks for choosing Island Green/Longest Hole at Meadows Farms Golf Course.

Very Interesting and challenging

Played Waterfall and Longest courses. Course layout very good, with reward for staying in fairway. Greens were a little wet so not a lot of roll out and plenty of mark repair to do. Greens were a four of five with good sloping but thin in a few places. No warning signs for pond on Longest hole, so know there is one at the dog leg right. Reasonable Saturday pace of play, weather overcast and no beating sun, fortunately. Staff friendliness is a six of five!

Fun course

The course is pretty wide open with some challenges. Played as a single so pace was my pace . Didn't hit them well today , but I had a great time on a fun course . Definitely going to play here again.

Fun on the course

Awesome layout, most interesting and fun course I have ever played.

Longest Hole

Home of the. Longest Hole a Par 6 over 800 yards is a very competitive hole and will definitely be challenged to most players.
Definitely one of the Best courses for the cost

Virginia Advisor

Charm Factor Diminished But Still A Solid Play

Over the years the charm and uniqueness of Meadow Farms Golf Club has been reduced as I’m sure the course struggles with the upkeep of so many unique,high-maintenance features. While that makes the course less quirky, the layout itself still holds its own with plenty of diversity in the holes and plenty of shots to utilize to score well here.

The conditions were pretty good the day I played with the greens, fairways, bunkers, rough, and tee boxes all looking well. Signs of heavy traffic were the only detractor. They were spraying the greens with that bluish-green chemical that gets all over your ball and hands but doesn’t really have an impact on play.

The long 600+ yard par-6 is still the draw for me to this course; I love playing such a unique hole that really challenges you to make 4 good swings.

I make it up here about once a year and plan to come again soon.

Course condition

Greens and fairways were fabulous tee boxes need a little help.

Friendly staff

Played the Island Green and Waterfall nine's. Both were in great shape. The course looks and plays nicely. There isn't enough drinking water on the course and yesterday was an extremely warm day. Overall experience was very good at the course.

Fun Course

Almost everything about the course was perfect. Only complaint is that there were no ball washers on the course. This was about my fourth time to play the course, and I will certainly come again.

Beautiful setting

Course was lush you could see from the tee the challenges on the hole being played. I did notice that even the grounds crew was respectful of golfers play.

Awesome day

This course boast of having the longest hole in the US, they are correct. I had a great time playing here, only would have made it better if it wasn’t cart path only. I don’t mind walking what a course. Great layout and the staff was very friendly. I was going to be late for the tee time and they worked with me so I wouldn’t lose my round. Great day overall.

Locust Grove, Virginia
Locust Grove, Virginia
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Culpeper, Virginia
Stafford, Virginia
Woodberry Forest, Virginia

Valid dates: May 10, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.