Locust Course at Locust Hills Golf Club

Located in Springfield, Locust Hills Golf Club offers 36 holes of championship golf. The Locust and Maple Courses serve as the home courses for many of the area's high school golf teams since the layouts offer both variety and playability. Both courses are also immaculately manicured. The Locust Course is the shorter of the two at just over 6570 yards. It is slightly less challenging than the other golf course but the occasional water hazard or sand trap does come into play. There are also rough areas but they are kept at a modest height. Combined, both layouts cover over 280 acres of gently rolling hills. There is ample room available to hold in errant shots, but there are also some subtle but tricky elevation changes.
Silver 72 5327 yards 63.1 99
Scorecard for Locust
Black M: 70.2/112 542 190 474 293 124 369 393 192 508 3085 546 176 389 391 602 397 168 407 415 3491 6576
Blue M: 68.4/109 520 159 457 280 110 358 382 176 486 2928 529 159 372 364 530 377 151 388 387 3257 6185
Silver M: 64.5/99 W: 69.0/112 502 130 429 238 100 280 302 155 440 2576 433 147 310 356 425 287 133 372 288 2751 5327
Gold M: 61.7/93 W: 65.1/102 435 108 349 233 91 270 295 131 410 2322 410 114 233 241 410 279 119 262 241 2309 4631

Year Built 1999
Architect Kitchen Family

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Discover Welcomed
Dress code No tank tops or cutoffs

Best Greens Around

Played this course for the first time and I have to say the greens here a awesome. Some of the most beautiful greens any where around. Course layout is decent but the greens make this course worth playing. Also there chili dogs are pretty darn good too. Lol

Scramble course in good shape

Played in a scramble here. Course was in good shape, better than I remember it. The fairways and greens were well manicured and the greens rolled true. Some of the tee boxes could use attention, but overall was surprised the condition of the course even though it was wet out for our scramble.

Food after the scramble was pretty decent, enjoyed our time on the course and the meal afterwards.

Will return, keep up the good work!

Bad Condtion

The condition of the course was marginal.

Great for the Price

This course was never meant to be an exotic course. I'd consider it a a nice "muni." Although it is privately owned and in the country. For a nice simple place to get out and play... this is it. This place is the best bang for your buck. It is not a tough place or overwhelming to the eye. In 2016, the greens have been rolling really nice!

It is a fun place to play and the staff are THE NICEST people I've ever been around on any course. They are not pretentious. They are not out to suck up to you... and then try to suck your wallet dry. Very geniune folk. And the absolute best Coney Dog in the Miami Valley Area!

They attract the wrong type of golfer for true golfers.

The two courses at locust hills are wonderfully designed for the location and the area it is in, but their biggest down fall is being cheap. I have played maple about 4 times and the one time I go to play locust, it was a joke. The "links" layout fails in comparison to places like National Trails and Golf Club of Dublin. The biggest problem of all is the fact the starter doesn't give a hoot about pace of play, and the owner wants any hill jack play here. Today I got stuck behind the course championship, and it was a joke. the foursome that turned into a eight-some after 4 holes kept turning around to re tee balls my group was already off the tee on the same par 5. Don't get me wrong, we knew what it was at first, and I wouldn't drive on a group without reason, but on the second par five they picked up my ball out of the fairway. This was when one of their guys had to turn around and re hit for the third hole in a row. On the 5th it started down pouring on us, and we paused for shelter as the groups behind us did. The "Champions" all hit their drives on 6 in the rain, but then hid in the wood line from the rain. We where able to not only able to play the par 3, but drive and address our balls before they showed up. So we picked up and decided to move on when a guy where jorts and a sleeveless shirt yelled "you just skipped the course championship" and I looked at him confused because nobody was on 7 and the tee box for 8. After questioning what does it matter, we decided to go to the club house passing the next group in the club championship on the 9th green. Luckily the ranger was cool and let us start over on the maple course. Similar situations has happened every time I have been to this course, not to mention the tight wads picking up my ball out of fairways. You owe me a sleeve of ProV1x, and a afternoon of my life back. Shot 90 on maple ticked off, and was 1 over thru 5 on locust. I pity this course.

Summary: They are so cheap that any hillbilly with a club is there, and they want their course to be full at all times even if they way under charge people and have foot golf Fridays. Please spend the extra ten bucks to play any other course in the Springfield area.

Kalei8721607
Commented On 07/04/2016

I still wish I could review this again so others don't make the mistake of playing at this place that defines the difference between club and course.

Well maintained but generic course

Locust Hills or Lowcost Thrills is a great value for the price. I have never paid more than $15 for 18 holes and have probably played here over 40 times this summer and school year as it's very close to my college. The course itself is not very challenging at all, with water on only one hole I can think of and bunkers in very non threatening positions. The grass and greens are well maintained however, and provide a low cost place to play good quality golf. The staff has always been very polite, if not friendly. The course doesn't have tee times and not once in the summer or fall have I ever gotten turned away when I just show up to the course looking to play. Great value course.

Best Bang for Your Buck

Overall the course was in decent shape. There were areas that need quite a bit of attention (dead areas in the fairways). The greens were in good shape, a little slow but that can be expected in October in Ohio. The round took a bit longer as the group in front was slow and my playing partners were beginners. By using Golf Now and saving some money, this course was in good shape for the price.

Fun course

Was a fun course for the price. still new to golf but worth it to get practice in.

Comfortable place to play. Not a pushover, but won't wear you out.

My son and I like Locust. Decent (2) courses, friendly people, good food at cheap prices. Courses not overly difficult so play moves along at comfortable pace. Highly recommended, especially for mid and higher handicap golfers.

Course is well maintained

The pace of play was super because there were not many on the course that day. It made for an enjoyable and relaxing golf game.

This facility has two courses that are different but yet fun to play.

The greens were in the best shape of most of the courses I have played this summer. They are fast, but fair. They are receptive and putting is fun. When you see a line and putt, the line is true. The fairways and rough are cut often.Its not hard to find your ball. The Maple course is longer and lets big hitters go for it. The Locust is older and little more restrictive. All in all, best value for the money in our area.

Featured

The Way A Round Of Golf Should Be

Friendly staff. Course was great. Greens and tee boxes very well maintained. Fellow golfers we crossed paths with were friendly. Pace of play was consistent and not a problem. I have several courses closer to my residence but I will make the drive to Locust whenever I can.

Nice course, greens excellent, fairways are under repair but OK

Nice course, great country drive to course, tees very good, excellent greens. Locust Course the fairways are under repair but playable. Both 18s are good to play and give you some challenging holes, rough is short and hard to lose a ball. I like that. We will be back

I play there often.

I like the course very much. It is a great value for the money. I am not a long ball hitter so the course suits my game nicely. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. I recommend the course to my friends.

Played the locust course and found it to be in very good condition.

Overall review for this course is Great value, very good condition and as always friendly and helpful staff. I will continue to play both courses and recomend course to friends.

Friendly Staff, country setting

The course was in good condition with the greens rolling fast, but true. The greens are undulating and challenging even though the yardage is less than 6600, there are some difficult holes, including a 190 yd. par 3 over water, and a 602 yard par 5. Very frienly staff and a nice quiet country setting makes this worth the trip.

Very serene surroundings with very friendly people

What an excellent course with a great staff!!

I love this course and the staff at LHGC are top notch. The course is always beautiful and very well maintained and the staff there are more than helpful and go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

Course was great. Staff was ok(to be fair they were quite busy) .

My only complaint was some of the other golfers were not very tolerant of newbies like my son and I. We all have to learn sometime. I will let anyone play through, but hitting balls on top of people is rude.

4 of us had a blast, enjoyed the course & Staff. Thank you!

Great combination of holes, well maintained course with fantastic people working there!!

Springfield, Ohio