The Links at Victoria Golf Course

2.3
1.5

The Links at Victoria Golf Course
Scorecard for Victoria Park
Blue M: 71.8/123 511 400 305 415 147 566 429 191 406 3370 515 347 389 416 179 496 210 431 451 3434 6804
White M: 69.8/117 W: 76.8/134 483 374 284 392 124 530 408 175 382 3152 489 321 365 388 155 472 191 402 425 3208 6360
Gold M: 67.0/114 W: 73.4/126 461 337 263 363 106 492 383 157 360 2922 459 278 344 363 108 445 171 364 350 2882 5804
Red W: 68.4/115 397 279 231 297 90 394 309 139 300 2436 411 233 302 292 101 380 154 305 302 2480 4916

Year Built 1966

Practice Hole Yes

Plays Long 12

Terrible!

This is the worst course I’ve ever played. The fairways are nothing but mud and dirt. It should only be a $15 to $20 course at most. The driving range was amazing, I just wish they would actually take care of this course. I was very disappointed, and felt I deserved a refund. Please do not waste your money on this place.

Disappointed

I want to love this course for its potential however the upkeep and care for it just won’t let me. Management did a great job adding a fantastic driving range and the practice areas are well kept but why not the actual course? I began playing golf a little over 3yrs ago and every time I’ve gone to this course I’ve been told that the fairways are being worked on. When? How? There has been zero improvement to the fairways. Why not use the same grass that was used on the range or next door at the Goodyear blimp site on the fairways? Just shocking and disappointing to see what can be a great links style course not be cared for. So much opportunity to drive in revenue for the course and city with the LA Chargers in town if the upkeep was much better. I can only assume that the players and staff would rather commute elsewhere than to play at this course. Let’s get some urgency here!

Perfect Greens/Horrible Fairways

The greens are in excellent shape as they have been for years. I understand that there is a problem growing the grass in he fairways and it was really bad this last round. There are a lot of holes where you had more dirt/mud than grass. I don't think I'll play here again any time soon.

Response from The Links at Victoria on 07/06/2018:
We are sorry to learn you did not enjoy your time at the course, but we hope you give us another shot soon. We appreciate your feedback and will build on it.
Response from The Links at Victoria on 06/26/2018:
We are sorry to learn you had a negative experience with the course. In the future, we hope you bring any concerns straight to management so we may address them promptly.

A declining gem.

The years have not been kind to this course. The greens are superb with many challenging pin locations. Tee boxes are in good shape. New driving range and chipping , putting areas are excellent. The fairways are a mess. To play here you must reposition your ball to a playable lie. Which is possible to do. That's it.

Response from The Links at Victoria on 06/26/2018:
We are sorry to see your experience of the course was anything short of 5 stars. We will look into your concerns, and we hope you give us another shot soon.
Response from The Links at Victoria on 06/11/2018:
We hope you enjoyed your round, and we hope you give us another shot soon.

Will never play there again

Worst golf course I ever played no fairways grass all dirt

Response from The Links at Victoria on 06/01/2018:
We want you to know we have plans to put down new turfgrass. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy the practice facilities.

Closing Down - Don't Play

The course is closing and they hawk you to sign a petition to keep it open. It is in terrible shape. Probably worst course I have played in SoCal. Avoid.

Response from The Links at Victoria on 05/15/2018:
The golf course is open for play as well as the newly remodeled driving range. There are no immediate plans to close the golf course. We encourage your return!
Sam4096315
Commented On 05/15/2018

Do not listen to the Golf Now response. I can attest to it as well as any golfer that has been to this course recently. There are people at a table approaching everyone to come sign the petition to not close the course. Go see for yourself if you really do not believe me. I just do not want anyone else to waste $50 like I did.

Fairways Have Gone From Bad to Terrible!

Being retired, I play golf twice a week and have played Victoria every 2 or 3 months for the past 3 years. Unfortunately, yesterday will be the last time I play this course until we have very substantial Southern California rain as the course is now dried out and the fairways have deteriorated to a point that it is no longer enjoyable, or even playable (frankly). And, at a price of $43 to play Mon-Fri, there are far superior options to play. (By the way, they used to offer a $37 special which included a hot dog, however have discontinued this deal.).

They recently opened a new driving range which has terrific grass. My question is, why can’t they do this on their fairways that need the most help? Until they do, Victoria is now “off my list” of playable courses.

Response from The Links at Victoria on 04/30/2018:
We are sorry to learn you had a negative experience with us. We want you to know we have plans to put down new turfgrass, however, there are infrastructure issues under the surface with drainage and irrigation to overcome. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy the practice facilities.

Links at Victoria

The course was very well layed out. The pace was very quick. My biggest problem with this course was how “patchy” it was. There were large pockets on and off the fairways in which there was no grass at all. Played several shots from the fairway off of dirt. Very poor grass quality here. I would not recommend playing here.

Response from The Links at Victoria on 04/18/2018:
We are sorry to learn the current status of the fairways might deter you from coming again soon. Please know new developments for the turfgrass growth are underway, and it is all to improve the golfing experience in the long run. We hope you give us another shot soon.
Long Beach, California