The Links at Victoria Golf Course

Carts: Yes - $17.00

Practice bunker: Yes
Practice hole: Yes

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city near the airport   Great for locals walkers beginners   Challenges include bunkers plays long forced carries   Great for drinks

"Vender truck"

autoglass007's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/19/2018
Previously played Walked Windy weather Verified Purchaser

I never see vender truck on the course , if there is. Grill has little bit of menus to order.

"Fairway conditions should not be allowed"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/18/2018

I have never played a course that was missing so much grass in the fairway with dirt.

"Lots of Dirt where the fairway should be"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/09/2018

I had never played this course before but for $35 on a Friday morning didn’t seem like too bad of a bet. Unfortunately I learned very quickly that there is not one fairway on that course that does not have big patches of hard dirt. Surprisingly the greens were in very good shape and had enough undulation to make putting a serious challenge. It’s a shame the rest of the course isn’t taken care of as well as the greens. I would recommend taking the money you spend here and put it towards the green fee of another course that actually has green grass.

"Fix fairways!"

slckcat43's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/03/2018

If the fairways were nice they could charge $20 more. Greens were nice. Pace average to slow

"Don’t waste your money here"

billyzwick's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/29/2017

Course is in terrible condition. Most of the fairway is dead grass or simply dirt. 2/5 of the course is too dry, 2/5 of the course is over watered/standing water type conditions, 1/5 of the course is in average condition.

Took 3 hours to play 9 holes for an 11:15 yee time.

Quit after 9 due to pace of play and terrible course conditions.

"Slow play"

trinoinlb's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/26/2017

I played solo and ended up playing with five different players, due to the slow pace. Guys were dropping off and calling it quits.

"Fairways have seen better days"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/22/2017

The course layout is great and the lengths are wonderfull. The fairways need some significant work with many areas muddy or lacking grass completely. Its frustrating to hit from mud after a great tee shot. Greens are in great condition and run well. Bunkers need some attention but okay overall.

"This course is good but needs maintenance"

Dante4407959's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/17/2017

This is my second visit & was disappointed. The fairways have so many dirt spots. We had to move our ball on certain occasions because the dirt was so hard & could damage our club. There was an incident where after the ball hit the ground & moving forward it hit something hard and the ball ricocheted to the left, not cool. My balls had scratches on it.

I just hope they would maintain the golf course. I like the wide & friendly golf layout. The staff were super nice.

Response from The Links at Victoria on 12/19/2017:

We appreciate your feedback, and we will be sure to look into the concerns you raised. We hope you give us another shot soon.

"No Expectations"

u531206268's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/09/2017

If you are looking to get your golf fix and have no other place to play, then this is the place. The driving range is the best feature on this course. The fairways are gone because I hear they are letting them go because of pending redevelopment of the land. It's too bad because it's a great central location.

Response from The Links at Victoria on 12/14/2017:

We are sorry to learn your experience at the golf course was anything short of 5 stars. New developments for the turfgrass growth are underway, and it is all to improve the golfing experience in the long run. We appreciate your patience, and we hope you give us another shot soon.

"Horrible conditions"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/09/2017

The course is in horrible conditions and the pace of play is very slow. We left after 15 holes because it was just to darn slow

Response from The Links at Victoria on 12/14/2017:

We understand the pace of play is key to your game, so we are sorry to learn you had to cut your round short. Having played a Saturday round, we hope you'll understand the weekends will tend to be busier but we are working diligently to keep the pace of play. We hope you give us another shot soon.

"GREAT COURSE FOR QUICK 18"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/04/2017

If you like to finish 18 holes in a good pace this course is the best and quickest to play and it has a decent lay out. Just place the ball on some grass if you are in the dirt patches.

Response from The Links at Victoria on 12/14/2017:

We appreciate your feedback. We are happy you enjoy the pace of play at The Links at Victoria! Come play again very soon.

"Not much fun."

Bradley3634760's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/20/2017

T boxes and greens in good condition. Grass in the fairways pretty sparse. Lots of hard dirt, mud in the low spots, lots of bumps and holes. Great grass on the driving range! Too bad the fairways don’t look that way.

Response from The Links at Victoria on 10/24/2017:

We appreciate your feedback and we are hearing you out. The focus at The Links at Victoria is on ongoing club improvements and creating fun golf experiences. Our course has always been known for its excellent layout and true rolling greens. Due to infrastructure issues under the surface with drainage and irrigation, there is not a quick fix to getting more turf on the fairways. However, with plans in place with new specialized equipment and capital funds to improve drainage, better turfgrass growth on fairways is ahead. In the interim the greens are good, the pace of play is great, the beer is cold and the new practice facility is excellent!

u002006698's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/09/2017

Poor conditions. Lots of hard pan...A LOT!!! Very bumpy fairway, so that makes the rough only worse. ATV would be better than a golf cart. So sad because the potential to be a very outstanding golf course is there.

Response from The Links at Victoria on 10/18/2017:

We are sorry to learn you did not have as great of an experience at the course as expected. We will look into your concerns regarding the fairway and work hard to address it. We hope you give us another shot in the future.

"Improving"

Ivank's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/15/2017

I have played this course a number of times. The course keeps improving little by little, but it is still built on a landfill so there is not much more they can do. There was a real back on the first tee today - but the starter did an excellent job of breaking up the back up while still getting people out as close to their start time as possible. Very impressed with his handling of the situation. He also makes sure that walk ins get out as well. Job well done!

Response from The Links at Victoria on 09/26/2017:

We appreciate your feedback. We are glad you noticed the improvements on each visit. We are also glad you were impressed by the quality of our course staff!

ericdea3's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from The Links at Victoria on 09/20/2017:

Please, do not hesitate to give us more detailed feedback on your experience. We hope you give us another shot soon.

"Landfill Fairways"

dennismenard's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/13/2017

Tee boxes are okay

Fairways are dirt (mostly)

Greens are the best part. Fast and true but even some of them are weedy and patchy.

At least the carts are new.

New driving range is the only reason I'll go back

Response from The Links at Victoria Golf Course on 08/18/2017:

We are sorry to learn you did not have as great of an experience at the course as expected. Though, we are glad you enjoyed the greens. We hope you give us another shot soon, so we may exceed your expectations.

"Victory"

Obsidian1701's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/29/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Great bargain golf, with fun layout and challenging, excellent condition greens. Grass from tee box to green areas is spotty, but the great layout makes up for it. Greens in great shape, with subtle, challenging slopes that keep you focused.

Response from The Links at Victoria Golf Course on 08/17/2017:

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are glad you found value in the course, as well as you enjoyed the challenge the course has to offer. Come play again soon!

"Victoria"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2017

The greens are sooo nice. The fairways are pretty bad. Great layout pace of play was good guy in the pro shop was really nice If you fix the fairways. They will come

Response from The Links at Victoria Golf Course on 08/18/2017:

We appreciate your review. We are glad you enjoyed the pace of play on a Sunday. We hope you give us another shot soon.

"Much Improved"

whiskey11215's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/21/2017

Victoria has had quite a bad rap due primarily to the condition of the fairways, i.e., lack of grass, despite a number of prior attempts to remedy the situation at great expense. I hadn't played this course for at least 4 years, and was very pleasantly surprised to see less bare patches in the fairways than I remembered. Yes, the bare patches are still there in practically every hole, and yes, the weeds are still everywhere, but I found more grass covered grounds than ever before. The greens are in excellent shape as they always were, and there are plenty of challenging par 4's to test most players, especially when the winds are blowing hard in the afternoons. If you can get out there before 7:00 AM as a single, you'll be allowed to go out on the back nine first which can result in a great POP, like 3 1/2 hours walking. I'd imagine you could shave off another hour if you were to ride. When was the last time you enjoyed a fast round like that?! FYI, the renovated driving range is now open, and it looks fantastic, and the short game practice area continues to be a very good feature. Also, kudos to friendly staff at check-in. Overall, no, the course is not perfect, but it's still a fun course and a very good value especially if you are a senior walker with a country senior card. I'll be back for sure.

Response from The Links at Victoria Golf Course on 08/18/2017:

We appreciate your in-depth review. We are glad you decided to give the course another shot and found value in it. We look forward to your next round and will be sure not to disappoint!

"Golfers need to think about it."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2017

I have been playing here for 20 years. It is sad to see their fairway problems sometimes, But it is OK to me because they have the perfect greens and they have nice people in the club house.

Think about it!, Golfers!

Rounding time and their rate is very reasonable and no pressure for tee times at all. How nice it is. Feel free there.

If any golfers consider of Time factor, nice green, and good customer services (specially person named Joe there), go to links at the Victoria. You are going to love this course.

I definitely recommend this course with 100% confidence.

Response from The Links at Victoria on 06/28/2017:

We appreciate your business over the years! We appreciate the recommendation and your understanding. We look forward to seeing you out there again soon!