Type Public/Municipal
Style Parkland

The 18-hole Dogwood Trace Golf Course (formerly known as Lee Park Golf Course) in Petersburg, VA is a public golf course. Stretching over 6600 yards from the back tees while playing to a par 72 the course features four different sets of tee boxes and can be enjoyed by players of all skill levels. Players will find extensive bunkering lakes and ponds with bulkheads that come into play on several holes and well-manicured challenging greens.

Dogwood Trace Golf Course

Year Built 1978
Architect Tom Clark (2008) Algie Pulley (1978)

Commented on 10/17/2019

Hello, u7805445. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Dogwood Trace Golf Course!

Pace of play ruined today's round

Having an earlier t time my brother and I waited out the heaviest rain and played about 45 minutes later than our specified time. When we started on hole #1 there was not a sole in sight. We breezed thru the first 4 holes then it happened. There was Frick and Frack standing in the middle of fairway on hole #5 just hacking away, left, right, left and right. It took each of the hacks about 8 shots to reach this short par 4. They had no earthly idea or consideration about the unwritten etiquette of golf. They saw that my brother and I waer much better golfers than they were and they passed up many opportunities to allow us to play thru. But NO! not Frick and Frack. We putted out on hole #6 and they were just getting ready to hit their t shots on the par 3 #7. These two numb nuts ruined what was a great round of golf for both my brother and I. I was 2 under after the first 9 and my brother was even par. The constand waiting on EVERY shot on the back nine wore on us as the mist and wind had never stopped completely and we kind of lost interest in today's round. The course was in excellent condition, the fairways in great condition and the greens putted true and held long iron shots with no problem.

Commented on 10/11/2019

Thank you for the very helpful feedback. We're very sorry to hear that another group of golfers were inconsiderate towards you. We hope it won't deter you from coming back in the future.

Commented on 10/11/2019

Hi u000003368680. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Dogwood Trace Golf Course.

Happy ending

Booked tee time with golf now app. Did not realize a school tournament was in progress. Staff allowed me to start on back nine. Then finish on front , so as to not interfere with tournament and allow me to play my round. Course was in great shape. Very good day. Thanks again.

Commented on 10/11/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us kccarter. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Dogwood Trace Golf Course thanks you!

Dogwood Trace is in great shape.A must paly golf course.

One of the best public golf in central and south side Virginia...and the price is RIGHT.I always recommend friends and persons that I talk with to play Dogwood Trace.Conditions are great and the staff is always eager to help..A must play course.I will be playing there regularly.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Hi dshelton12. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Dogwood Trace Golf Course!

Course good condition. Pace of play is horrible here. Every time we play here, you wait on every hole to hit.

I like the course and the conditions, but it is generally a 5 hour round of golf.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Hi uPMOQ6188PM. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Dogwood Trace Golf Course.

Enjoyable day

The course has made wonderful improvements to the greens. The fairways are in good condition with the ruff cut back so a ball hit off the course can normally be found without much difficulty. Most tees are also in very good condition.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Hi u314159441981. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Dogwood Trace Golf Course!

Nice Course

Nice municipal course, well maintained. Green were fast in the heat. Most traps (yes, I found several with errant shots) were dry and sandy.
This is a nice course that a novice or expert would enjoy.

Commented on 09/16/2019

jdrupel, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Dogwood Trace Golf Course.

Wonderful Course- Great Value

Rated in the top 10 courses in the state. Amazing for a public run course. Greens in fantastic shape, with undulations which make it challenging but fair. Every time I’ve played the starter has allowed us to leave early. Very enjoyable and worth the drive. Once you’ve played it, you’ll find it one you’re going to play many times...

frequent flyer

This course is a hidden gem. I have golfed here numerous time and I can always look forward without hesitation for the same each and every time.. The entire staff is extremely friendly, the practice area for bunker, chipping, pitching and full swing warm-up range are always in excellent condition. The golf course is extremely well kept and the greens have always been medium fast to fast depending on the weather.

Commented on 09/06/2019

Your feedback is important to us, notmuchbetter. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Dogwood Trace Golf Course.

Love the layout

The tee boxes and fairways are in excellent shape. The greens were just plugged and sanded. I understand the work must be done to maintain the greens however that should be noted when booking.

Commented on 08/19/2019

Hiu314159441981. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Dogwood Trace Golf Course.

Commented on 08/19/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Dogwood Trace Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/12/2019

Hi u943762442. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Dogwood Trace Golf Course.

Good bang for you buck

This is actually going to be my home course! The only complaint I have is the pace of play. I understand that every individual person has their own pace however you have a few bullies on the course that make it difficult for novice players. For example toward the end of the course it feels a little rushed. And I think that’s because of the teetimes being so close to each other. I had a teatime at 10:45 someone had one at 11 I think if they were spaced out a little bit more that would help. Other than that a great course

Commented on 08/12/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! Our average pace of play for 18 holes as a foursome is four hours and fifteen minutes. We do ask our golfers to stick to that as much as possible so that everyone can enjoy their round

Big disappointment!

My crummy day started when I first arrived at the course, went into the clubhouse, into the pro shop where I had to wait nearly seven minutes before someone finally came to help me get checked in....and they didn't even apologize! This continued on the first hole when I was in what they called a sand trap what should have been called a dirt trap! Ever green had chunks out of it where either no one had repaired their ball marks or it was simply never cared for correctly. Also sadly, it was hard to tell when you were in the fairway or in the rough as there was no clear-cut line between the two! In fact the only thing I can actually compliment is the par 3s on this course.

Commented on 08/12/2019

We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your round with us. We will pass along your valuable feedback to our management staff.

Commented on 08/01/2019

Hi wildman45. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Dogwood Trace Golf Course.

There is reason this course has 309 reviews...

I am a fan of this course. I have played several courses in the state of Virginia, mostly the public courses around Chesterfield, Va.

Dogwood Trace is BY FAR best course in Central Va. There is no competition. The greens are amazing. The staff is great. The range is awesome. I couldn't be more blessed to live so close to such an amazing course.

Mrs Evans 90th Birthday Celebration

I want to personally thank Jamie, Tia Fairly and Kim the chef for hosting an excellent event. Jamie went beyond his official duty to support us. Tia and her staff did an outstanding job in supporting and serving us. Her staff even served the birthday cake. I commend Kim on her excellent menu preparation. The food was above what we expected.. I would recommend this establishment with a higher rating.

Commented on 08/19/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a wonderful five-star review! We are thrilled that we could provide excellent service to your and your group!

FREQUENT FLYER (again)

Dogwood Trace is by far the best maintained public golf in the greater Richmond Metro area. The fairways and tee boxes were plush, consistent sand in the bunkers and greens were somewhat fast and smooth. I have played here numerous time and will continue to do so as you could not ask for a better course for the money and playing condition and friendlyness of the entire staff from the club house, restaurant , starter and marshall.The pace of play was extremely slow because of the weather and the lack of talent of the groups we followed. This is the first time I have golfed here on the weekend so I expected the pace to somewhat slow but had to stop after only 12 holes due to the time spent waiting between shot.

Commented on 07/31/2019

Hi notmuchbetter. Thank you so much for the great review. Sorry about the pace, but we appreciate you understanding. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Dogwood Trace Golf Course.

Petersburg, Virginia