A view of a green with water coming into play at Dogwood Trace Golf Course.

Type Public/Municipal
Style Parkland

The 18-hole Dogwood Trace Golf Course (formerly known as Lee Park Golf Course) in Petersburg, VA is a public golf course. Stretching over 6600 yards from the back tees while playing to a par 72 the course features four different sets of tee boxes and can be enjoyed by players of all skill levels. Players will find extensive bunkering lakes and ponds with bulkheads that come into play on several holes and well-manicured challenging greens.

Dogwood Trace Golf Course

Year Built 1978
Architect Tom Clark (2008) Algie Pulley (1978) James Cervone

Goof municipal course

Great practice area to warm up. Being February, fairways and rough were decent. Course fairly dry considering all the rain we’ve been getting. Most, but not all, of bunkers were in good condition. We would like to play again. Pro shop attendee was very hospitable!

Commented on 02/19/2020

Hello stanleygo. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Still wet

The course is still very wet even with no rain in last 4-5 days. No starter to control tee times -seemed like groups were jockeying for position not knowing who’s up or next! Traps need work. Whatever sand is in them is hard packed and needs raking badly. Pace of play was adequate-4 1/2 hours and we stayed up with group in front of us but they were at least one full hole behind. Temp in low 70’s made all issues bearable !!

Commented on 02/10/2020

Hi Fazzer9978. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Dogwood Trace Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 02/10/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Dogwood Trace Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Horrible service

The staff has NEVER excepted coupons or deals from the internet. I had a free round that was sent to me on 22 Dec to be us d before the end of the year. We played on 26 Dec and the person behind the counter said he wasn’t really sure about the coupon so he charged us $41 each. No winter rate, no sorry for you inconvenience for the mix up. $41 to play golf on 26 Dec in Virginia in 50 degree weather. It’s happened time and time again dealing the staff at Dogwood. Poor service and poor staff. I will never play there again!

Anonymous

The course is still in good shape and greens are fast just wish people would fix their divots

The best Value Play in RVA/Tri-Cities

Dogwood Trace never disappoints. The course conditions are always excellent and the staff is friendly and accommodating for groups large and small. This is the best “value-play” in the RVA/Tri-cities hands down!

Great coarse Was a bad grouping

If there was one thing I didn’t like about this round was the fact that I picked up the great value on golf now. And the location decided to put me in the middle of a bad group. I had a foursome behind me and a foursome in front of me and I was playing alone! Other than that I love the court time of the staff it is my home course I will not change my home course. I just hope to be grouped a little better if I get a deal like this again.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Hi Kdoane76. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Dogwood Trace Golf Course!

Commented on 10/21/2019

Commented on 10/17/2019

Hello, u7805445. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Dogwood Trace Golf Course!

Pace of play ruined today's round

Having an earlier t time my brother and I waited out the heaviest rain and played about 45 minutes later than our specified time. When we started on hole #1 there was not a sole in sight. We breezed thru the first 4 holes then it happened. There was Frick and Frack standing in the middle of fairway on hole #5 just hacking away, left, right, left and right. It took each of the hacks about 8 shots to reach this short par 4. They had no earthly idea or consideration about the unwritten etiquette of golf. They saw that my brother and I waer much better golfers than they were and they passed up many opportunities to allow us to play thru. But NO! not Frick and Frack. We putted out on hole #6 and they were just getting ready to hit their t shots on the par 3 #7. These two numb nuts ruined what was a great round of golf for both my brother and I. I was 2 under after the first 9 and my brother was even par. The constand waiting on EVERY shot on the back nine wore on us as the mist and wind had never stopped completely and we kind of lost interest in today's round. The course was in excellent condition, the fairways in great condition and the greens putted true and held long iron shots with no problem.

Commented on 10/11/2019

Thank you for the very helpful feedback. We're very sorry to hear that another group of golfers were inconsiderate towards you. We hope it won't deter you from coming back in the future.

Commented on 10/11/2019

Hi u000003368680. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Dogwood Trace Golf Course.

Happy ending

Booked tee time with golf now app. Did not realize a school tournament was in progress. Staff allowed me to start on back nine. Then finish on front , so as to not interfere with tournament and allow me to play my round. Course was in great shape. Very good day. Thanks again.

Commented on 10/11/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us kccarter. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Dogwood Trace Golf Course thanks you!

Dogwood Trace is in great shape.A must paly golf course.

One of the best public golf in central and south side Virginia...and the price is RIGHT.I always recommend friends and persons that I talk with to play Dogwood Trace.Conditions are great and the staff is always eager to help..A must play course.I will be playing there regularly.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Hi dshelton12. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Dogwood Trace Golf Course!

Course good condition. Pace of play is horrible here. Every time we play here, you wait on every hole to hit.

I like the course and the conditions, but it is generally a 5 hour round of golf.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Hi uPMOQ6188PM. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Dogwood Trace Golf Course.

Enjoyable day

The course has made wonderful improvements to the greens. The fairways are in good condition with the ruff cut back so a ball hit off the course can normally be found without much difficulty. Most tees are also in very good condition.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Hi u314159441981. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Dogwood Trace Golf Course!

Nice Course

Nice municipal course, well maintained. Green were fast in the heat. Most traps (yes, I found several with errant shots) were dry and sandy.
This is a nice course that a novice or expert would enjoy.

Commented on 09/16/2019

jdrupel, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Dogwood Trace Golf Course.

Wonderful Course- Great Value

Rated in the top 10 courses in the state. Amazing for a public run course. Greens in fantastic shape, with undulations which make it challenging but fair. Every time I’ve played the starter has allowed us to leave early. Very enjoyable and worth the drive. Once you’ve played it, you’ll find it one you’re going to play many times...

frequent flyer

This course is a hidden gem. I have golfed here numerous time and I can always look forward without hesitation for the same each and every time.. The entire staff is extremely friendly, the practice area for bunker, chipping, pitching and full swing warm-up range are always in excellent condition. The golf course is extremely well kept and the greens have always been medium fast to fast depending on the weather.

Commented on 09/06/2019

Your feedback is important to us, notmuchbetter. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Dogwood Trace Golf Course.

Love the layout

The tee boxes and fairways are in excellent shape. The greens were just plugged and sanded. I understand the work must be done to maintain the greens however that should be noted when booking.

Commented on 08/19/2019

Hiu314159441981. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Dogwood Trace Golf Course.

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.