2.6

Type Public/Municipal

Previously known as Detwiler Golf Club

Detwiler Park Golf Course

Year Built 1971
Architect Arthur Hills (1971)

Dress code Shirts with sleeves, tailored mid-length shorts, denim or jean material of any type is permitted.

Improvement

Good day to golf. Fairways getting better. Rough a little long. Some dry grass here and there. Greens were solid with difficult pin placements. Need a beer cart. All that said a big improvement from last year. Equipment is running. Will play here again.

Great pace of play

This course had a great pace of play. We were able
To do 18 without having to wait for anyone. The course is in decent condition. We were playing while they were mowing so there were clumps of grass on the fairways but other than that everything was great. Will definitely play again!

Detwiler Park Golf Course, Toledo, Oh

I made it a point to play this course today before bringing my group here.....we used to play here regularly and liked this Arthur Hills layout a lot, but the previous management group left it in poor condition, and last year's rainy spring put the new group "behind the 8 ball" until July. I've heard nothing but horror stories about the condition of the course. ever since.... So, I wanted to see for myself.

Fortunately, I can give it a positive review! The fairways and rough were mowed (and I saw workers continuing to mow as I played), and the greens were smooth, if a little on the slow side. I should mention that I played two days after we have had quite heavy spring rains in the area. There was evidence of some type of chemical treatment on every green as well, so the new management seems to be taking all the right steps to bring this fine course back to its former glory!

Is the course as good as it's GOING TO BE.....? Not quite, but it appears to me that it's well on its way back, and I plan to begin playing here regularly again!

Course was much better than the two star rating that I seen. The greens were in very good condition and I was pleasantly surprised

Unfortunately it's still a little early in the season. Fairways were extremely long. However, the most disappointing thing was they said we could play the back 9 but literally didnt have pins in the holes. I called and asked about it in after the first hole, they said technically it's closed. Then as we are getting done with hole 18 they finally put the pins in.

Greens had decent speed, definitely beat up.

Commented on 05/10/2020

They had a severe drainage issue on the back nine which basically flooded two hole. Issue has been resolved and the back nine is open.

Commented on 04/27/2020

Hi, Louis. We appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the pin flags are extremely important to us. We always appreciate golfer comments and we are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your review for guidance. Thank you for playing Detwiler Park Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Course in good shape

The only complaint I have would be they left alot of the grass clippings in the rough so it was very hard to find your ball, even if it was just off the fairway. Besides that, course was in good shape.

Great Deal

Nice municipal course and in great shape for so late in the season. Good deal didn’t hurt either.

Commented on 10/28/2019

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a great value for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play on great conditions, even this late in the season. Thank you for playing Detwiler Park Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Gone to the Dogs

I have been playing Detwiler golf course since I was 19 yrs. old I'm now 65 and I have never seen a course go this far down hill. I have played this course in many different tournaments and it was almost pro quality, now you can't determined were the crab grass ends and the tee boxes and fairways start, every aspect of this course has been let go except for the greens that are at least playable, who ever is responsible for this should be fined the amount of money it would take to repair it and then never be allowed to touch a golf course again.

What Happened?

What happened to this golf course, I have played this course for 40 yrs. it was always in almost pristine condition.I played this about 5 yrs ago and it was the way I remember it. Not now it is trashed, can't tell were the fairways are or the rough course totally dried out, weeds everywhere,Tee boxes were weeds, but the greens were the only thing taken care of, please don't lose Toledo, Arthur Hills gem, save it and hurry or it may be over.

Commented on 08/14/2019

Hi, golf4boone. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing and the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the rest of your visit to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Detwiler Park Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

What a disappointment.

I have played this golf course sense I was 19 yrs. old I am now 65 yrs. old, I do not know what happened to this course but it has been destroyed, this was a professional golf coarse, perfect tees, beautiful fairways, awesome and fast greens, not any more. Toledo should be ashamed of what they let happened to this golf course. This was a gem, a Author Hills masterpiece gone to the dogs. Toledo does not have a problem giving money to Jeep fest but can't support a former wonderful golf course and it's park system, let jeep support jeep and lets get some support for the golf course systems in Toledo including Ottawa Park

Don't waste your time!!!

Course isn't cut. The fairways were as long as rough. Hit drives down the middle and still couldn't find it. Greens were the slowest I've ever putted on and dead in multiple spots. Driving range is closed what looked like for good. Just terrible conditions overall. Ownership opened the course before it was ready and lost my business for good. Also for anyone who drinks on the course they don't offer beer sales either.

Commented on 07/22/2019

Hi u314159390096. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Detwiler Park Golf Course.

First round

Played this course for the first time, not too busy but it is middle of October. You can tell it's a work in progress and that they are doing their best to get it up to par. A couple rough dead spots on the greens but not horrible, rough and fairway were decent, will definitely be back to see the progress next year. All staff was very friendly and accommodating, thanked me for repairing ball mark on 9th green, told them I like Ottawa Park's motto of leave the course better then you found her. This will be an amazing course within a few years. Met JP from Collins Park Course and enjoyed a conversation and then went to play that course as well. Good job!

Commented on 10/28/2019

Hi Jmillz1979! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Thanks for taking care of the course and doing your part to repair ball marks! We will make note and we hope to see you back soon at Detwiler Park Golf Course for a 5 star experience!

Commented on 09/18/2019

Hello, jcallif8975. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Detwiler Park Golf Course.

Finally open

Great layout. It wasn't pretty but definitly playable. It will get better now that it is open and the staff has had a chance to work on the course.

Commented on 07/30/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Detwiler Park Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Detwiler

Best golf course northwest ohio

1st Time This Year

I am surprised this course is not packed every weekend. Excellent lay out. Tough pin locations for a weekend. Greens in excellent shape. Nice work on 14 fairway. Should be in great shape for Toledo Am. Fairways need cut for more roll. Páce of play great. Enjoyed my round of golf

Winter Rust

A select crew of us have been travelling south to play here during the winter months for years. They always seem to put the course to bed in good condition leaving the greens mowed and moderately quick and the rest of the course cut as well. 2015 was a different story as the greens were horribly slow and bumpy (not in previous years) and you needed a machete to clear long grass on tee boxes. I have even seen the staff cut the greens in 36 degree temps to accommodate customers, standing out from the crowd. Wish they would resort back to their old ways as they have a unique winter golf experience for us northern folk.

The course is in great shape. The greens look great but play a little slow and very firm. the layout of the couse is pretty easy, not to much water and forgiving if you go right or left on most holes. Overall the course is great. I'm playing again in two days.

Unfortunate Predicament

I've played this course several times, many as a junior in tournaments. Always liked the layout, some long holes, with a good mix of challenging short holes. If this course was not in the location it is, it could be one of the best private course layouts in northwest Ohio. Unfortunately this course doesn't get the attention it deserves. The greens are fairly well maintained as well the fairways, but the rough suffers and is riddled with clover and crab-grass in many spots. Overall, one of my favorite courses in Toledo, I just wish it was as well maintained as some of the other courses. Keep it in the short grass and you won't be disappointed and require a foot-wedge for a playable lie.

good value

Great value ! Open course, had a fun time ! A FEW WATER HAZARDS AND GOOD WIDE FAIRWAYS.

Valid dates: May 05, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020