Type Public/Municipal
Ottawa Park Golf Course

Year Built 1899
Architect Arthur Hills (1977)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Bar, Snacks, Grill

Clubhouse

Ottawa Park Golf Course

The conditions were a little wet buy surprisingly, none of the holes were washed out. I really appreciate the rough being trimmed so I could find my ball if it wasn't in the fairway.

WAS VERY DRY , FAST TODAY , STEP DOWN A CLUB. OVER DROVE AND BALLS RAN THRU GREENS.

I like big trees for shade on hot days , they got'm!

Overall Great!

The course is in great condition and well taken care of! The staff is nothing short of perfection and do anything and everything to make you happy!

Commented on 08/21/2020

Hello and thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Ottawa Park Golf Course.

Ultimate City-Ran Public Course

First off, if it is your first time going to the golf course, do not put it in Apple Maps because it will not take you near the course. For students, they have a great deal which is $25 for 8 holes which is all the good there really is to say about the course.

You can tell it is a public course ran by the city because it is poorly maintained. If your drives are off the fairways, good luck getting a good lie. Weeds everywhere and the ground is extremely hard. Same goes for the tee boxes, as you have to put the tee in the ground with great force. Greens are decent speed but are not taken care of. Occasionally, locals will wander the course.

Much better courses in the area for the same price.

Commented on 08/21/2020

Hi Kyle. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Ottawa Park Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 07/14/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round? Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Ottawa Park Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We see that you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit? Please know that we take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please feel free to reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Ottawa Park Golf Course.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Very much improved!!!

I have played this course my entire life. Been in a league here for the past twenty years. Hands down Ottawa Park Golf Course is in the best shape I have ever seen it!! Hats off to Davey Tree for making the golf course part of Toledo’s “Central Park” a thing of beauty.

Love this course

Since the City of Toledo has taken over management of this course, it just keeps getting better and better. Stephanie is so kind. We really enjoy this course.

Great public course

This is a great short little public course. Shortness doesn’t make it easy.
Very well maintained. usually the pace of play is good.

Amazing historic course and in really great shape!!

I play at this course at least a few times a year as it isn’t the longest course in the US but it will keep you honest. Actually it’s history is worth the trip on its own. The course has lots of trees, and tight fairways so you have to play attention to how your playing but the course won’t punish you as the greens roll true and they are big enough for some forgiveness during the day. My confidence really needed Ottawa Park today and I would recommend this course to anyone.

On top of that the team is top notch. For a public course i’m not sure that I’ve ever had a better experience. Thank you for your hospitality!!

First time

If you want a pace of play that is good, might want to consider another course. Lots of hackers out there so it’s a true municipal course. Greens are good but fairways need some help in spots.

League rudeness

Was great until the back 9 and then we ran into the league players all trying to get in their free 9 holes before the league starts. One guy behind us was extremely rude. Walked up to us While we were on the tee box, beer in hand, and asked what are we doing? Said he didn’t know if we were playing 13 or 1. Well bud we can read. He was just completely rude about it and was so concerned about getting his free 9 holes of warm up golf in before the tournament started. And EVERYONE from that league went to the back 9 causing a huge bottleneck for people making the turn. I don’t know why the clubhouse would allow that. Just a bad experience in general. Don’t go on thursdays or you’ll have to deal with the privileged league players.

Commented on 06/09/2020

Thank you for visiting Ottawa Park Golf Course. We apologize for any unpleasant interaction you may have had with a golf league we host. At Ottawa Park, we pride ourselves in providing first-class service and treat everybody with pride and respect. We do our best to manage turn times so these instances do not occur by allocating two hours and twenty minutes for every nine-holes played. We will do better in the future to ensure a positive experience to ensure an appropriate pace of play for all who are enjoying a day on the golf course. Note – There are many advantages to hosting your golf league at Ottawa Park. However, unpaid rounds or free holes prior to league play is not one of those advantages. If you would like to learn more about leagues at Ottawa Park Golf Course please visit our website toledocitygolf.com. Thank you!

You can feel Toledo history

As a municipal course (priced accordingly) it is well maintained, staff are friendly and helpful,. Obviously during this COVID crisis the amenities are minimal.And my wife and I just love the course. As the original designer said back in 1899, "Nature just meant for there to be a golf course here" with the big elevation changes, the hills and valleys, makes it feel like there are 3 different courses within its 18 holes.

Course was clean

course was clean and well kept. Had a good time pace of play was good had a good time there and staff was friendly and understanding with confidence restrictions.

Temperance, Michigan