2.6
2.2
2.6

Year Built 1920
Architect Fred Findlay (1920)

Snacks

Junk

Has been in good condition In the past but is terrible right now. Making people ride in carts, not allowing walking b4 2:00 during this virus scare!? Nice social responsibility! Unconscionable!

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Ole Monterey Golf Club.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Mark from Roanoke

Great course, fun to play. Challenging but not too difficult for average golfers . Course in good shape & will be even better as spring allows grass to grow more . Reccomend for everyone.

Not Worth It

I've played Ole Monterey many times. It's been a few years since I played it. So I took a friend who hadn't played it before with me. I was embarrassed that I did. The green were in very poor condition and had cancer spots all over. Very bumpy and forget about a straight putt. The cart path was horrible, root speed bumps, potholes, and broken edges. Would have been better to just drive the grass. Bridges over creek collapsed in. Ball wash handles broken off, no towels. Fairways dying and bumpy. Not worth the 37.50 to play this course even in winter compared to others in the area with lush greens and tee boxes. Monterey crews may wanna look over the fence and see how it is done at the course next door. And cheaper rates! Invest some time and money and bring Ole Monterey back to a quality course Please. Thanks

Commented on 02/25/2020

Hello, Graywolves. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Ole Monterey Golf Club.

Great Day

Conditions were great considering the time of year. Had a great time.

Anonymous

Cow Pasture with cowlick grass clusters

The staff was great. The course conditions were terrible. I wouldn’t play this again, or recommend this to anyone even if it was free.

It looks like a cow pasture and you won’t ever have a good lie.

Don’t even get me started on the tee boxes. Good luck finding grass on a majority of them. So bad.

Commented on 03/05/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Ole Monterey Golf Club.

Ole Monterey

Greens in good shape .. held pretty well. Cart path a little rough :0) Some of the par 4's are a little longer than a few of the other local courses. Fun course design. Sure, I'll be back.

Most of the greens were in great shape!

Fairway grass was kind of funky, but the greens were great!

Very nice course,greens in very good shape,fairways cut up nice .will be back very soon

Horrible Condition

I played here on 7/16 and the course was in AWFUL condition. Fairways and greens in horrible condition. Got sprayed down by the sprinklers due to lack-luster maintenance crew. Golf cart barely worked and was seemingly falling apart. On top of all of that, I paid for an afternoon rate that was more expensive than the surrounding courses in the area (all of which far surpass the quality of this course)! Frankly, I will never play here again, nor will I tell anyone I know to play here.

Commented on 07/22/2019

Hi, CWM02. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Ole Monterey Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Fun to play course.

Had not been to course in about 10 years (I live over 50 miles away) but found it to be in better shape than I remembered. Will be back again much sooner.

Plays Twice a year

Fantastic course at a fantastic price

Such a great experience with my 14 year old. We are both beginners but found the open course to be fairly hazard free. The par 5 were challenging but fun for us both. The greens proved to be immaculate and very fast.
This is the most affordable course in the area and great for all skill levels.

Interesting layout.

I had not played this course in over 10 years as I live 50 miles away. The first several holes I remembered, but as I got to the back they seemed less familiar. The front played a little easier than the back, but neither was overly tough although there are a few pretty good size hills. The fairways were in pretty good shape, the roughs had been cut to playable height, and the greens were a little on the slick side. We had a fun day and I plan on playing there again in the near future.

One of the best courses in Roanoke.

Years ago this was the worst course in Roanoke and now it is one of the best. They have done lot of work to the course in the last several years.

Solid Track

OM is a good design that will test all parts of your game. Small greens, so your irons have to be sharp. Staff is very nice. Condition is average, but unfair to expect much more.

Commented on 05/30/2019

Hey there! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Ole Monterey Golf Club.

Not kept up well.

This course was somewhat challenging if you didn't keep your ball in the very narrow fairways. The rough was very high with those little white flowers in bloom in most of the rough's grass. Very difficult to find balls, but due to the slow play it allowed for plenty of time to look for balls!!

Commented on 05/13/2019

Hello, Sadie. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review at Ole Monterey Golf Course. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Course

Overall it was good. Alot of rain the day before made for wet grounds and several cart path only.

Commented on 04/23/2019

Hello! Thank you for reviewing Old Monterey Golf Course. Your feedback about the course is important to us. With recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next round. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. We are glad to hear the rest of your experience was good overall. Thank you for playing, we hope to see you again soon.

Anonymous

Wide Open

Long and wide, this is the place for the long hitter. There is room in case your accuracy is less than perfect. Fairways and roughs are thick grass.

Private/Resort