Aquia Harbour Golf & Country Club

Year Built 1960
Fairways Rye Grass
Architect Bob Lohmann

Clubs No

Golf School Academy Yes - "Aquia Harbor Golf Academy"

9-Hole Rounds 9

Great value...but that's about it.

I had fun playing here. My daughter came with me, her first round ever. This course is WEIRD. 9 hole course with some holes having separate tees for first and second nine. The course has high risks with low rewards to show for it. Many holes call for a driver due to length, but have blind narrow landing areas. Greens have HUGE drop-offs around sides that, when hit, are sending your ball inevitably to hazards or OB. Almost every green has a drop-off like this, at least one. The first and last hole are almost indescribable. First one is 245 yard par 4 where tees and green are level, but there is a 75-foot chasm in between. It runs parallel to the driving range, the mats are like 50 feet from right-most mat. Needless to say, the hole is literally COVERED with range balls, with some incoming if you can't make the carry and end up in the chasm. The 9th (18th) hole is either a par 3 or par 5 depending on what hole you are on. The par three is a 100 yard shot straight up about a 75 to 100 foot terraced hill to a tiny green. The par 5 is a blind tee shot that lands on a downhill slope. You then have to hit up the 75 foot hill while on a 10* downslope. Interesting.
Pace of Play Good
Value for the Money Good

Aquia Harbor Course

I really enjoyed playing this course. Did not have a lot of pressure from people playing behind us. Most were very courteous. Many holes were challenging especially number 9 very steep hill to the green. Would definitely go back here again. Staff was great.
Off-course amenities Excellent
Course Layout Good
Very friendly staff. I had a great time playing with the locals. I recommend this course for any golfer.
Off-course amenities Good
Course Layout Excellent

Not ready yet

Putting greens are in terrible condition. Really not worth spending money. Very frustrating . Course has potential however has lost me as a customer.
Staff Friendliness Good
Off-course amenities Fair
Course Conditions Poor
Value for the Money Poor
Course Layout Good

Okay but one staffer ruined it for me

First it's a 9 hole course with alternate tees that makes it 18 holes. Course is overall okay but one staffer treated and talked to me like I wasn't supposed to be or welcomed there. Probably not coming back because of this incident. It's 2017 and racism still exist. The rest of staff were nice but one bad apple can spoil the bunch.
Staff Friendliness Poor
Off-course amenities Fair
Value for the Money Average
Course Layout Fair

Best Course for the price!

I paid $16 for 9 holes on a labor day with a friend and it was a good time. The course may not be perfect but I got what I wanted out of my money. The old gentlemen at the pro shop was very nice and helping since it was our first time. Explained the course very well. The course was good if you keep it in the fairway and green but anything else was kinda rough. Lost a few balls that were good shots but the rough ate them. Few houses along the course have no ball fetching signs but most of them were outside and friendly. Greens had crab grass which did bug me but not to the point like someone else on here. The sprinklers did come on while we were putting on 6 or 7 and it drenched us but we came to have a good time so we laughed it off. One of the last holes they were redoing the green but put the alternate hole so close with no sign or change at the tee box. Drove 50 yards past the hole when the sign said 350 yards. All and all I will go back cause I had a good time for a good price.
Off-course amenities Excellent
Course Layout Excellent

Unfortunately this was the worst course I've played in Virginia.

The problem with this course was there was crab grass everywhere. The fairways had not been cut in what seemed to be about a week. The ground everywhere was so hard my ball would bounce over 5 to 8 feet on any hit. The greens were filled with crabgrass in the ball Would not go straight when putted. Hole number six is nonexistent and does not have a green. The staff does not seem to care who they let play on the course due to a threesome in front of me where a group of teenage boys who were running and yelling and left many marks on the greens and fairways. On hole number eight at about 1 PM the sprinklers came on while I was parking. Sadly this was one of the worst courses I've ever played and I will never come back again to even try to have a better experience. It's sad because it is one of my closer courses near me at a decent price and I could not believe the condition of the course the caliber of people playing the course calling itself a country club.
Pace of Play Fair
Course Conditions Poor
Value for the Money Poor
Course Layout Poor

Mr. B

Staff Donna real helpful and a very very nice person treated us well.
Pace of Play Good

Greens are fast

Greens are much faster than usual. I have played the course quite a few times and have never seen them so quick. Only problem we had was a five minute wait caused by the cart girl.
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Good

condition

fairways and greens were in good condition, traps were poor
Course Conditions Average