Suffolk Golf Course
Championship 72 6305 yards 70.3 121
Middle 72 5957 yards 68.5 116
Forward (W) 73 5561 yards 71.1 112
Scorecard for Suffolk Golf Course
Blue M: 70.3/121 477 384 422 360 362 176 497 322 205 3205 451 413 365 310 140 388 168 385 480 3100 6305
White M: 68.5/116 463 348 412 352 351 167 479 314 165 3051 431 383 340 298 120 366 153 370 445 2906 5957
Yellow M: 68.1/112 W: 73.7/125 453 338 400 342 341 157 460 305 160 2956 427 370 330 290 110 351 143 350 422 2793 5749
Red W: 71.1/112 435 332 390 325 339 159 454 299 151 2884 405 370 314 285 95 338 137 355 378 2677 5561

Year Built 1952
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Bent

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted None

19th Hole Specials 7

If you arrive early u can’t tee off unti 5 mins before tee time

Course is conducive for a slicer. One has to play smart on many of the holes.
Staff Friendliness Average
Pace of Play Good
Off-course amenities Fair
Value for the Money Good
Course Layout Good
Response from Suffolk Golf Course on 07/27/2018:
Thank you for leaving us a review. We hope that you enjoyed your experience with us. We are always looking to improve, and we are welcome to hearing any more feedback that you might have.

Solid Option

Yes, the course has some difficulties with conditioning. One hole had a temporary green, which I was told about prior to teeing off. I assume some of the greens had difficulty over the winter and have not grown back yet. That said, I really enjoyed the course. The layout is very good, has good variety in the par 3s and par 4s, good movement in the greens, the green complexes were cool in spots. It does have some odd holes, specifically 11 and 15, but nothing bad. Fairways are reasonably maintained. For $16 it meets any reasonable expectation.
Course Layout Good
Response from Suffolk Golf Course on 07/20/2018:
Thank you for coming out to Suffolk Golf Course and for leaving us with your feedback. We are sorry about your disappointments with the conditions, but we are happy to hear that you liked the layout and variety of our holes. Our staff will keep working hard to have the course in shape for the rest of the year, and we would look forward to seeing you back again sometime soon.

Love to golf

this is a course that allows to to play with a marshall. i plays this course often and i always arrive and jump right to the first tee with no wait.
Off-course amenities Excellent
Course Conditions Good
Course Layout Excellent
Zad
This was the worst course I have ever played. I will not play here again. some of the holes did not even have greens. DO NOT GO TO THIS COURSE.
Course Conditions Poor
Value for the Money Poor
Course Layout Poor
Response from Suffolk Golf Course on 07/09/2018:
Hello, on behalf of Suffolk Golf Course staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Could have been better

The area had rain storms Friday and Saturday nights but for weekend golf fairways should have been cut Thursday or Friday. Fairways were not cut and greens have damage to grass dieing. two holes greens had temp greens because the greens were totally dead. most of the other greens had some damage. very bumpy. don't think I will play there any more this year, hoping it grows back. was a fun course.
Pace of Play Good
Course Conditions Fair
Course Layout Good
Response from Suffolk Golf Course on 06/28/2018:
Hello Randy, on behalf of Suffolk Golf Course staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

the worst condition i ever seen this course

the greens were bumpy and look like the fair way and bare in other spots on just about every hole
Pace of Play Average
Course Conditions Fair
Value for the Money Good
Course Layout Good
Response from Suffolk Golf Course on 06/22/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Nice surprise.. first time playing this

This was my first time playing this course. And while the greens were not in the best shape the rest of the course was. Considering all the rain and poor weather in recent months it still was it pretty good condition. I will definitely be back to play this course again. Keeping it in the fairway is a must but I found that if you were off the fairway by a few feet it was still a very playable shot.. I did get in one bunker that could have used a little more sand but that's really not a huge problem.
Course Layout Excellent

Greens in horrible shape

I’ve played this course many times, so hate to leave a bad review but feel that it is needed. First, I’ll grant that the staff had signs up stating that some of the greens were damaged by the weather. In reality, every green was in bad shape. Most of the area was dead, and the entire greens were plugged and sanded to help recover. I also saw new grass plugs on multiple courses, so hopefully their efforts pay off. Normally I think this is a really fun course with unbeatable green fees. The shape of the greens doesn’t even make it worth the $20. Very sad because I want to see this course succeed. One other point - pace of play and groups starting on the back. So I was the 2nd person out that morning, both of us were walking singles. While I’m not the best or fastest golfer, I can normally walk 18 in just over 3 hours. Today I was on pace for that - finished up the front in just under 1.5 hours and made the turn without going in for a break. I quickly caught up to a 4-some on 12 who were taking their sweet time and definitely not playing ready-golf. So as I mentioned before, when I started out there was only 1 single in front of me. These guys saw me playing and closing them, but never stopped to let me play through. So I had to sit and wait on the tee box at 12-18. When they finished 18 and I was on that green finishing out I watched them go to 1 and tee off, confirming that they cut in and started on 10. It was ridiculous and rude. From 13 through 17 I was putting out as they slowly teed off. At any point there they could have and should have stopped and waited for me. Rude, inconsiderate golfers is a common theme on this course. A Marshall would help with these situations, if the course had any. If they do, I’ve somehow missed them every time I’ve played there.
Pace of Play Poor
Course Conditions Poor
Course Layout Good
Response from Suffolk Golf Course on 06/22/2018:
Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Suffolk Golf Course. We strive to provide the best possible customer experience to our golfers, and we apologize if we missed the mark. Your loyalty to our course is valued and we hope you will see improvements the next time you are with us. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Suffolk, Virginia area, and we hope to earn your business again soon.

Fun course

Good course. Two greenss are temporary but doesn’t really affect play. The greens are a little slow but I focus more on driving and iron play than putting so I don’t worry about it. They have made the green fees cheaper and with the app you can play in the morning for about $20. Great deal
Course Conditions Good

NOT WORTH THE TIME

Greens were terrible and rough need cutting. Range sucks.
Staff Friendliness Average
Course Layout Average
Response from Suffolk Golf Course on 06/22/2018:
Here at Suffolk Golf Course, we are always looking to improve and appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the condition of the course on that day. We still hope that you enjoyed your day out there. We can assure you that our staff will continue to work to keep the course in shape.

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019