Kempsville Greens Municipal Golf Course

Type Municipal
Scorecard for Kempsville Greens
Blue M: 68.3/122 498 353 131 393 515 351 379 441 175 3236 285 387 336 449 134 305 161 180 376 2613 5849
White M: 66.5/120 475 332 118 369 489 328 357 417 152 3037 272 364 289 433 127 293 149 162 352 2441 5478
Yellow M: 63.1/108 420 263 103 313 423 291 319 350 134 2616 248 334 285 400 122 280 132 140 320 2261 4877
Red W: 65.3/109 418 214 102 313 418 282 318 316 106 2487 244 298 221 383 119 275 127 87 297 2051 4538

Year Built 1957
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Bent

Needs to Cut Down Some Trees

The course is OK. A lot of tee boxes have difficulty keeping grass because of too many trees. The 15th hole is foolish from the current tee box since the trees overhang and make a shot with any sort of elevation impossible. Overall, the course is fair and OK, but is silly in spots. For $25, it should generally meet expectations.

Nice Course

Enjoyed playing the course. Good for all skill levels

11/05/2014

A cool day. Driving range is in poor shape and is limited to a 5 iron or less. Fairways rolled long and the greens were very fast.

Nice tight layout with challenging water.

Challenging but fair. Most hazards come into play only if you are aggressive. Good course with friendly people.

Fun to Play

Fun course to play. Challenging enough to test you some but fun to play

Good course

Good course for the price. Staff is friendly and helpful. Overall course was in good shape.

Unfriendly Golfer - Part 2

Like the last review we too ran into a group of unfriendly golfers behind us. One of the group of golfers actually hit a golf shot on a par 3 with my wife still on the green. The shot landed between my wife and I as I was just getting to the golf cart. My wife continued onto the next hole with the golf cart leaving me the opportunity to confront the golfer who hit the ball. His excuse was that he didn't see my wife on the green. I asked if he saw me standing in front of him since I stand at 6'6" tall. He didn't answer but did apologize giving me some relief as I walked away. We finished the last hole without seeing the group behind us after the incident. We finished the round in 3.5 hours, plenty quick enough for most golfers. I complained to the pro shop. It's a shame, because we were enjoying the day and the course itself. We had a 3-some in front of us playing at a fairly slow pace where we had to wait on several shots but it wasn't that bad. The course is in very good shape for this time of year. It is a thinking person's course forcing decisions to be made on whether to layup or to go over hazards. Some fairways are pretty tight, so keeping it straight is important. Greens were pretty good overall, rolling true most of the time with average speed. Perhaps having marshals roam the course may keep incidents like what happened to us to a minimum.

unfriendly golfers

Course was somewhat busy so of course had to wait which was fine except golfer behind got impatient started yelling at us not letting him thru on 8th hole which he wasnt going anywhere anyways.... when we hit our shots he would yell middle of swings just very rude we contacted marshall he told us o he's a regular there.... If thats how they except regulars to treat visitors than fine we will never golf again there hells point golf course much friendlier.... golfers try to be patient not everyone is a pro!!!!!!

sfink16
Commented On 09/11/2014

I could almost write the exact same review and will shortly when I write mine of my first time there. The only difference was that one of the group of golfers actually hit a golf shot on a par 3 with my wife still on the green. The shot landed between my wife and I as I was just getting to the golf cart. My wife continued onto the next hole with the golf cart leaving me the opportunity to confront the golfer who hit the ball. His excuse was that he didn't see my wife on the green. I asked if he saw me standing in front of him since I stand at 6'6" tall. He didn't answer but did apologize. We finished the last hole without seeing the group behind us after the incident. We finished the round in 3.5 hours, plenty quick enough for most golfers. I complained to the pro shop.

Good round

Only issue was slow play. Would be very helpful to employ a Marshall to regulate pace of play of inconsiderate golfers. Thankfully my guest was very patient.

kempsville1
Commented On 08/08/2014

Thank you some much for playing. Our records show that all golfers played 4 hours or less on that day. Thank you

Nice

Nice putting & chipping greens. Irons only driving range. Course was well maintained, short, with plenty of water and trees coming into play that made you think about club selection on many holes. Front 9 more forgiving than back 9. I enjoyed my round.

Norfolk, Virginia
Chesapeake, Virginia

Valid dates: Sep 17, 2018 - Oct 31, 2018
4840 Princess Anne Rd, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23462, Virginia Beach (City) County
(757) 474-8441