Bow Creek Golf Course
Orange/Yellow 70 4665 yards 62.9 110
Scorecard for Bow Creek
Blue M: 67.9/120 339 178 457 375 330 200 389 490 180 2938 175 340 357 178 150 507 395 493 384 2979 5917
White M: 66.3/116 326 160 447 360 308 174 349 457 170 2751 165 328 343 162 130 486 380 476 372 2842 5593
Red W: 69.1/112 309 140 414 341 280 155 309 404 160 2512 132 315 330 145 120 470 360 451 346 2669 5181

Year Built 1960

Great shape

Course was wet due to a lot of rain recently but other than that course was in amazing shape. Greens and fairways were great. Only complaint are the greens are small and tough but that just makes you better

Nice muni course

We had a nice time at Bow Creek Golf Course. Greens rolled nice, fairways were decent, layout was good. It compared we’ll to other local municipal courses and was a good value. Will return

Approached by Disgruntled Employee

On this sunny, warm Sunday my husband and I decided to bike to this golf course and inquire about a family membership, golf and cart fees, driving range fees and upcoming tournaments. As we approached the property and proceeded to the pro shop and office, a man aggressively exited the building and yelled that we were trespassing. Over the past few years we had never witnessed more than a few golfers at a time on the course. Therefore, we would have never guessed this would be a closed membership golf course. However, after the rude and unwelcoming demeanor of the golf course employee, we have realized it is not open to the public. Our apologies to the disgruntled employee. Had there been a sign noting "closed membership" and/or "not open to the public", we would not have attempted to inquire of membership or the facility.

Great Staff and course was in good shape for March!!

Booked through GolfNow and received a great rate to play 18 holes. The course was in good shape despite it was still March. The staff was friendly as always. I would recommend to a friend anytime.

1955

It is a 1950's style course with small greens and small sand traps. The greens are very slow. The practice greens and driving range are closed. Play was very slow, and there was no marshal on the course to speed up play. It has a creek that runs through most of the course.

Give it some time

Course is really starting to come around from when I was there a few months ago greens and fairways are starting to come in nice and for the price it's really hard to complain. I don't see why so many people hate on this place. I imagine this place to be even much better by next year when all the construction is done.

Poor Staff Friendliness

We played under 2 hours for 9 holes yet were pushed by unfriendly foursome behind us. We ha 3 some in front of us playing slowly where we were waiting on many shots. Ranger did nothing about slow players in front of us yet complained that we rode in fairway of par 3 hole. The rule is not posted on scorecard or hole itself. Probably the group behind was complaining and the ranger felt pressure to do something.

It was not a pleasant experience for my wife who is anew golfer and feels pressure with rude players behind us.

The course is advertised as being friendly but I question that.

As for the course the greens were very slow, the sand inconsistent but in pretty good shape otherwise.

Bow creek 08/24/20-4

Overall poor quality of the course with crabgrass in the fairways. Greens were ok but slow because they were not cut that morning yet. No driving range or putting green.

gone downhill

the course is in bad shape. a lot of the greens were burned up, the fairways were not cut, and the greens that were puttable were high and bumpy. I know that they have sprinklers, the day I was out there no water came on at all. if I didn't know any better you would think the place is going out of business.

Bow Creek

Awful conditions, poor facility. Should close until they get in working/playing order.

Au coeur d'énormes travaux d'un complexe municipal futur.

Ne Serait-ce le bruit assourdissant des F-18 au dessus de nos têtes le Jeu n' en n'aurait été que plus plaisant. Mais à la période où nous avons joué il n'y avait personne sur le terrain.

Bad,Bad,Bad

Greens were average, fairways, what fairways, you had to go 20 yards to find a piece of grass to hit from. Just not worth the $35 we paid. Staff was friendly. Had to be to accommodate to 1/2 mile wall in thru construction.

The fairways and greens were rough

I would wait until next spring to play this course, even though it only cost $9 to play 18 I felt that was to much, there were holes were you couldn't tell the fairway from the green and the leaves were horrible. I lost 4 balls that were in the fairways but couldn't find them with all the leaves that dropped. Looked like the grounds crew hadn't been out on the course in a few days.

good course for the price

Course is nice for the price shot my lowest score of 80 there and I will play again.

Enjoyed it

First time playing this course. I was apprehensive at first glimpse because of all the construction going on. Once we walked past the construction it was a lot of fun. The construction does not interfere at all. This is a great course for new players to practice on keeping the ball straight and not losing them if you go off course.

LOTS OF WORK GOING ON BUT THEY'RE OPEN

LOTS OF CONSTRUCTION GOING ON BUT IT WILL BENEFIT THE COURSE IN THE LONG RUN. UNFORTUNATELY YOUR PARKING ON MUD AND HOPING NOTHING PUTS A HOLE IN YOUR TIRE IN THE PARKING LOT. THAT BEING SAID THE COURSE WAS PLAYABLE AND ENJOYABLE. COULD USE A LITTLE WORK BUT STILL REMAINS A FUN COURSE TO PLAY. THE STAFF WAS FRIENDLY ENOUGH AND ANSWERED ANY QUESTION I HAD PRIOR TO PLAYING IT. FOR THE DEALS YOU GET HERE ON GOLFNOW I WOULD PLAY IT AGAIN.

Not near as bad as some people make it sound.

Nothing super special about the course but well worth your money.

Tee boxes need attention

Overall the course is in pretty good shape. There are two things that could make the golf course better in my opinion. First, the tee boxes need a lot of work. Second, they need yardage markers on the sprinkler heads.

2.1904857143
2.1904857143
4.4419428571

Valid dates: Aug 15, 2019 - Aug 31, 2020
3425 Club House Rd, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23452, Virginia Beach (City) County
(757) 431-3763