Williamsburg National Golf Club - Jamestown Course

Williamsburg National Golf Club - Jamestown Course
Green (W) 72 5105 yards 69.7 124
Scorecard for Jamestown
Black M: 73.2/131 430 322 583 449 175 429 530 138 455 3511 177 412 396 417 506 354 202 532 446 3442 6953
Blue M: 71.0/125 400 302 560 409 149 388 478 122 435 3243 161 384 365 387 472 321 179 491 408 3168 6411
White M: 68.8/120 368 272 551 370 140 344 430 113 416 3004 146 370 337 338 435 280 161 466 363 2896 5900
Gold M: 66.6/116 W: 71.9/129 324 272 475 328 140 321 430 113 324 2727 146 370 337 302 435 280 140 428 329 2767 5494
Green W: 69.7/124 324 227 475 328 109 321 402 97 324 2607 144 211 321 302 418 222 123 428 329 2498 5105

Year Built 1993
Greens Champion Bermuda Grass
Architect Nicklaus (1993)

Golf Simulator Yes

Very nice course. Pace of play was on the slow side - 4.5 hours. Seemed extra slow since we were a twosome. Course has generous fairways.

Nice and challenging. Fun place to play.

Very nice course conditions. Good fairways. New greens are fantastic and tough to read. The rough is nasty bermuda that makes the ball looks like a little birds egg in a nest. How it should be in summer. Great design and the new greens are worth playing on. No pace issues Played after 3pm as a twosome in 3 hours. Would recommend its in good shape

Haven't Played here in Years, Course is Very Nice

This was the first time in about 15 years that I played here. The Jamestown course was in great shape! Greens were in good shape. I paid $30 and it was worth it! I will certainly come back and play again. Jamestown course is super nice!! Thanks for a good time!

NOTICABLE IMPROVEMENT

Played the course for first time since new management took over. The new staff on both the course, and in the restaurant were very friendly and helpful. The Greens were for the most part, in much better shape than in past visits. My friends and I are definitely looking forward to our next visits.

Jxa

Long par 4s. Did not like the Jamestown course as much as the Yorktown.

WNGCresponses
Commented On 2018-03-09T15:14:27.000+00:00

Thank you for writing a review and playing the course. We do have 5 sets of tees to accommodate players of all skill levels. It was cold and wet on on March 7th which surely added to the length of the course.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and glad you enjoyed the Yorktown Course

Best course

Best course in town nice greens and very nice staff. Food is also very good

Course has been re-opened under new ownership.

The Jamestown course was closed all Summer for maintenance and renovations. The greens and fairways are in phenomanal shape. I love the layout of this course. New ownership has really made a difference. I look forward to playing this course again soon.

Not great

This was the first time we played this course. We only paid $13 for the round, so I have no regrets and the fairways were fine although covered in leaves which granted is one of the joys of playing in the fall, but I think I lost a half dozen balls under the leaves. My problem with the course is mainly the greens which were horrible. Best to just take two shots and move on to the next hole. We also felt that the staff were unfriendly maybe even rude. Thankfully we paired up with a very nice couple that knew the course and we enjoyed our day.

Response from Williamsburg National Golf Club on 11/16/2016:
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! Yes, unfortunately we suffered a blight that killed our greens earlier this year and we're still working to get them back into tip-top condition. We're so sorry that you found our staff to be rude and we will certainly look into that further. We hope you'll come out and play again when the greens have had a chance to recover.

What Greens!!

The Greens are the worst I've seen. Nothing but weeds and black dirt. Then for five holes a grounds guy is watering the green and we're on the fairway, now it's wet black dirt. A waste of time, money and effort.

Commented On 2016-09-09T20:12:57.000+00:00

We're sorry to hear you were so disappointed. We will continue to put in work to get the greens back to their ideal condition, and continue to see improvements. We hope you'll give us another shot in the future.

Yorktown Course not in great shape.

Had read mixed reviews before booking the Yorktown course and was cautiously optimistic. Played it, and felt compelled to weigh in for the first time with a course review. The Yorktown course played relatively easy....except for around the greens. Traps were not raked and weeds were prevalent on and around greens. All greens were in poor condition and most putts did not roll true due to bare spots and uneven grass/weeds. Won't play the course again in this condition.

Commented On 2016-08-24T20:55:45.000+00:00

Thank you for the feedback and player tip. We've been working the better part of this season to get the greens back from disease and damage. We'll continue to put in the work, and hope that you will give us another shot in the future.

Surprised

I have played this course many times while vacationing in Williamsburg and enjoyed it. However, I was surprised this time about how bad the greens were. They all seemed to have spots in them where there was no grass possibly due to some type of disease. My only other complaint is that there were no ball washers out on the course which I typically see at most courses. I certainly hope that they can fix the problem with the greens because it is a nice course otherwise.

Commented On 2016-07-14T20:15:58.000+00:00

First of all, we thank you for your past support. We have definitely had issues with the greens over the past season and it is a slow process to come back from. We're working hard to better conditions, and we hope you would continue you support in the future. Thank you for noting the positives, we appreciate your feedback.

Greens need help

The starter sent me to the Yorktown course. The greens were not in good shape to say the least. All the members and locals were on the other course. The pace was good but course needs help.

Commented On 2016-07-14T20:11:56.000+00:00

We are continuing to put in work to better the conditions. Thank your for your feedback, we hope you will give us another shot in the future.

Poor course conditions

Course not ready....quit after 4 holes. Weeds in fairways...couldn't tell fairway from rough. Greens patchy and bare.

layout has potential but course needs a lot of work.

Commented On 2016-07-14T20:11:03.000+00:00

We're sorry to hear you were disappointed in the course. It really is such a great layout and we know if you visited again you would see improvements as we're continuing to work on conditions. Thank you for the feedback.

Not Worth The Price

My 12-year old son and I played this course for the first time. The staff is very friendly and very accomodating. Based on the layout, its friendly enough for my son, who just started playing, but has some challenges for average golfer like myself. However, playing for $60 each, we kinda of expected a well maintained course. We were very dissappointed with the course condition. The fairways have weeds, burnt spots on the greens and unraked bunkers. A course that I thought would be crown jewel of Williamsburg turns out to be such dissapointment.

Commented On 2016-07-14T19:57:33.000+00:00

We're very sorry to hear that the course wasn't up to your standards. We've been putting in a lot of work on conditions and have been getting good feedback from frequent players on improvements. We hope you and your son would give us another chance in the future.

Disappointed

Played this course some years ago and it was great. I don't usually play Jamestown when I'm Wmburg because it's too expensive. Got a good deal from GolfNow and took a friend for a round. I was very disappointed that the greens were in such terrible shape. They rolled ok but had big brown spots. To be fair, it rained the night before and we played in a light rain most of the round - no roll on the fairways. Was surprised to see the rest rooms uncleaned and in disrepair. Clover in the fairways - really? Sad see this course go unattended and so run down. That said we still had a good time!

Commented On 2016-07-14T19:54:10.000+00:00

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your round despite the course not meeting your expectations. We will take your feedback into consideration, and I can assure you that we are putting in the time to improve conditions. We hope you'll visit again to see improvements.

Better than expected

My buddy wanted to play here, and I was quite skeptical, having read a number of reviews that panned it. But I am glad we decided to play it anyway. What I expected was something just above a dog track, given so many of the reviews. What I got was a nice layout, with the tees in excellent condition, the bermuda fairways very good, and the greens better than they looked. Some greens were fine, others had large numbers of brown spots - fungus I am guessing. But, despite the brown spots, they rolled smooth and even the brown spots were grass, not dirt. They held pretty well, and all in all, I had a very enjoyable round until a vicious thunderstorm rolled through and we had to skip the last few holes. I would definitely plan there again (I played Jamestown course. I cannot speak for the Yorktown course, but I would bet the story is similar).

Commented On 2016-07-14T19:51:31.000+00:00

We really appreciate you giving the course a try even after having read some poor reviews. And we REALLY appreciate you giving your feedback as to conditions. The conditions get better every day but there's always room for more improvement. Sorry to hear a storm ran you out! We sure hope you'll visit us in the future. Thanks again.

A good course for your money

Commented On 2016-07-14T19:47:48.000+00:00

Thanks so much Danny -- we truly appreciate you positive review, and hope you'll be back again soon.

Great Design

Very good layout but course is under maintained (e.g., traps, green had many brown spots, rough is what ever type of grass that wants to grow). Challenging holes and scenic. Good value for me since I got a GN Hot Deal. Would have been disappointed if I had to pay full fare.

Commented On 2016-07-14T19:46:50.000+00:00

Thank you for sharing your experience and including the positives. We're sorry that the maintenance was not up to your standards, but can assure you that we will continue to put in work to better conditions. We hope you'll visit again.

Valid dates: Feb 11, 2019 - Mar 31, 2019