Auburn Golf Course sprawls across the rolling hills that run alongside the Green River. Originally built in 1948, the course was bought by city of Auburn, Wash. in 1968. The course has gone through major renovations in recent years including the reconstruction of nine fairways, 15 greens, and 17 tee boxes. The layout sprawls across more than 150 acres of lush hillsides, offering scenic views throughout. The golf course has a classic design with 20 bunkers strategically placed throughout as well as two ponds and a waterfall that come into play. Though you will face a variety of different lies that to the undulating landscape, there aren't any blind shots to contend with. Auburn Golf Course combines challenging elements with playability, making it a course that appeals to players of all skill levels.

Auburn Golf Course

Year Built 1948

Bunker No

Credit Cards Accepted Visa & Mastercard

Plugged and Sanded

There was an aeration warning on the Golf Now site so I called the course and asked when they were plugging and sanding the greens, he said he would check and came back and told me on next Saturday. So I went back and booked. When I got there I saw that the greens had been sanded. The guy at the counter said it was always the plan to do it on Monday and Tuesday that whoever I talked to should have not told me that. I decided to go ahead and play and he waited until after I paid to tell me that the back nine was closed that you play the front twice to get your 18 holes. I walked off after 5 holes.

Auburn golf

Nice course and layout. Coolest par 3 in state....mid iron shot over water to green with waterfall at back of green! Really awsome. Should be noted that front 9 is being plugged and sanded...so this week you play back 9 twice
Steve

One of my favorite courses

The course is always well maintained and fun. Staff is great.

Great public golf course!

Great golf course for a beginner to practice. Several holes are tricky but overall course layout is doable. The course is in a cost-effective condition and I am pretty satisfied with the quality.

Good course.

This course is not so easy that it isn't challenging. And it is not so hard that it is unplayable for high handicappers. It's always maintained well. We seldom have problems with the pace of play. And it's very well landscaped so as to present a nice, serene setting.

Auburn Golf Course

One of my favorite local courses. Early rounds are fabulous and the pace of play is excellent. Distinct feel between the front 9 and the back. One course I make of point of hitting when out with friends. Can't wait to get back!

Great day on the course

I showed up at around 6am without a tee time and the pro shop was able to get me right on with a twosome that had just tees off. We never had to wait for the group in front of us, so the pace of play was great. Course was in great shape and the greens were rolling well. Never saw a beverage cart which was the only thing that I missed, but this seems to be a trend at courses any more.

The greens were very nice rolled fast held shots to green

Beware of the 16th hole.

Played this course many times. Course in really good shape. Fast greens and fun water hazards.

Great condition.

They had just sprayed the greens in the morning. Green was a little slow but really good shape. Fairway is in awesome shape.

Back 9 better than front

Ok course. Nice staff and bar. NO DRIVING RANGE...so don’t expect to warmup. That killed it for me.

Commented on 06/05/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Auburn Golf Course. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we are glad you enjoyed the staff and bar. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Fun course

I’ve been playing Auburn on am and off since 1972. It remains a top muni in my mind and is in good shape. If only the public treated it with a little respect and car (i.e., pick up broken tees and fix ball marks on green).

Not Long but will Challenge You

Greens are in great shape. They cut them about a 10. Fast but fair. Hole placements make you think.
On hot dry summer days some greens are driveable, but not from blues.
If you push or pull shots you can end up adding to your strokes with all the different wooded areas. Water holes are fun too.
Coarse has a ton of Redwood Trees to add to its beauty too.

Fun course but lacked restrooms on back nine. Course in good shape and greens were great.

Golf At Auburn CC (May 2019)

This course proves a good challenge for my game. I enjoy playing it. Today, it rained all the night before and I thought I would be washed out. But when I arrived in Auburn, the rain stopped. It was cloudy, a little windy, but did not rain again for my entire round.

I got the rate from Golf Now, $20 including the cart. There were supposed to be 3 others with me, but they evidently did not believe there would be no rain for our round, and did not show up (on time, anyway). I played alone. And I played behind a 2-some, so I took my time, took some extra shots, and enjoyed my round.

The course was wet, but not 'soaked'. The fairways drained well, and still gave some roll. The greens here are always great, and they were again. Challenging because they are fast!

The #16th par 3 hole with water and a waterfall is very challenging for me. Today, the pin was in an impossible position. The green is huge, and slopes to the water on the left. And the pin was in the back left..

I salvaged a 4 from the sand, and holed a 12 foot putt.

Pace of play

Really is a nice little track in Auburn Wa. Pace of play is horrendous. Course doesn’t seem to care, constantly sending out groups of 5 and stacking tee times every 10 minutes apart. No driving range is also a huge downer. Bogeys restaurant is a great place to grab a beer and a bite post round.

Commented on 05/17/2019

Hello Tony, thank you for taking the time to review us, Auburn Golf Course, in the Auburn, Washington area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Auburn, Washington
Tacoma, Washington
Renton, Washington
Tukwila, Washington

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.