Fairways Golf Course

The Fairways Golf Course
Lilac 72 5650 yards 67.7 118
Scorecard for The Fairways at West Terrace
Blue M: 70.9/130 W: 75.9/134 362 368 515 146 527 383 171 372 389 3233 370 343 551 173 513 415 374 150 419 3308 6541
White M: 69.8/122 W: 74.0/130 352 360 463 137 515 363 167 357 376 3090 360 330 527 151 465 375 358 141 392 3099 6189
Lilac M: 67.7/118 W: 71.1/124 352 360 405 127 424 315 148 357 376 2864 320 330 484 124 465 347 293 121 326 2810 5674
Red M: 63.3/106 W: 68.1/120 282 306 405 127 424 315 148 280 304 2591 320 276 344 124 426 347 293 121 326 2577 5168

Year Built 1987
Architect Keith Hellstrom

Great Day

Didn't hit my iron's as well as i would have liked, but oh well such is golf. Next time will practice a little more.

Response from Fairways Golf Course on 09/20/2018:
Hello, Markus. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Why I play golf?

When I go out to play golf first I play for the exercise, second I play to improve my game, third I enjoy being out in nature the sounds smells etc.....My last two rounds at Fairways has been any thing but. Last week I played in the morning 10 of the 18 holes there was a mower on the green, or on the fairway, or a guy raking the sand traps. Sometimes all three were going on at the same time on the hole I was hitting to. Several times I had to yell and wave my arms just to get their attention. They were moving with me to the next hole almost all of the front nine. I though well they must be preparing for a tournament and didn't think to much about it. Until today almost the same thing happened except this time they were rolling the greens and mowing the fairways. One of the par three greens the sprinkler was on watering over the hole and the flag I was trying to put to. That was on the front nine. On the back nine two of the holes sprinklers were on in the fairway. One par 4 back nine the sprinkler's were on down the entire length of the fairway. I had to rush my second shot just to try not being sprayed by one or the other sprinkler and that didn't work clubs and I got wet . After the first 6 holes I put up my score card and said I will just enjoy the exercise and not deal with the frustration. Oh by the way I always fix my divots on the green but many are not, and on the par 5 fifth hole it looks like someone stuck the green with their iron and on the next hole tried to take iron shot on the green and left a scalp mark. I have been playing the game of golf off and on for over thirty years and respect the course, just wish other's would do the same.

Response from Fairways Golf Course on 09/12/2018:
Hello, Markus. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We have shared your concerns with the appropriate staff, and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Fairways.

Sunday morning golf

My brother in law and l had a great morning at Fairways.....the pro was very friendly....got the 2 of us out right away, ahead of several groups of 4. We played in just over 3 houŕs, great greens, super layout, traps could use some work; but overall a great golf experience.

Response from Fairways Golf Course on 09/12/2018:
We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we're glad you and your brother-in-law had a great time at the course, and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Fairways!

Would have been nice to know

Out of town visitor having never played here but had been told that the greens were fast. Called and spoke to find out availability and info. Was told to reserve online for best rate. A week later we show up to find out the greens had just been punched and sanded days earlier. Made for a miserable day on the greens. Made for what could have been a fun day in the sun a grind. Expect that if I take time to call, course should advise players of things like punched and sanded greens.

Response from Fairways Golf Course on 09/14/2018:
We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. It is our hope that all golfers are made aware of course maintenance ahead of time. We apologize if this did not happen with you. We'd like to offer you a free round as compensation for this oversight. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Please contact us via email and fairwaysgolfcourse@comcast.net. Please also request to speak with a manager. Thanks for choosing Fairways.

Very good value for the money!

I didn't know this course was tucked back outside of Spokane. Nice course, super friendly staff, great price for the money. It has its challenges and is a good time with friends. Can get a little loud being near the airport, but a very good time. I will be back.

Response from Fairways Golf Course on 09/12/2018:
Hi, Mark. Thank you for your 5-star rating! We're so glad you and your friends enjoyed the course. Please book another round with us soon.

Terrible Pace of Play

The pace of play of my round was unacceptable. Started our round at 9:45am, walked off 18 at 3pm. 5 hours and 15 mins is way to long for this course. Tee times were way too stacked up and there was no course management or Marshall. Waited several minutes on each tee box. Course conditions were also terrible. Most every fairway had expansive dead spots of brown grass and dirt. Tee boxes were lumpy and had several unfixed divots. I want this course to be good, but year after year it seems like the staff can't figure it out. In a developing part of the city, would be great to have a nice course for all the surrounding houses.

Response from Fairways Golf Course on 09/12/2018:
Hallo. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Your experience is not typical, and we have shared your feedback with the appropriate staff. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Terrible Pace of Play

Played on a weekday mid morning round. Groups were stacked way to close. No Marshall. 5 hour and 15 minute round. Totally uncalled for. The course is in really rough shape and the staff didn't care that groups were taking so long on each hole. Could be such a good value course but mismanaged so the player experience is terrible.

Response from Fairways Golf Course on 08/24/2018:
Response from Fairways Golf Course on 08/03/2018:
Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for playing Fairways.

Great Course Easy Walk

Very friendly stalag, friendly golfers. I usually book as a single, and it is super easy to join other golfers for a round and some fun.

Response from Fairways Golf Course on 08/03/2018:
Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We are so glad you enjoyed the course, the golfers and the staff. We hope you join us for another round soon. Thanks for playing Fairways.

Great Layout & Well Maintained

My 2nd visit to Fairways in 5 weeks. Greens were a bit faster this time and fairways were even better conditioned. Minimal wind in the morning which made it play easier than my first pass. Learned how better to manage some of the harder holes and used all 14 clubs to get there. Pace of play was awesome(3hrs 5min) as I tried but could not catch the rabbit sent out ahead of me! Nice people here & I got to know them and the course better this time. Have played almost every area course in Spokane and now prefer this above most of the others. Thanks for another 3-hour adventure!

Response from Fairways Golf Course on 08/03/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! We're so glad that you enjoyed your tee time. Please book another round with us soon.

Valid dates: Sep 17, 2018 - Oct 31, 2018