The Fairways Golf Course
Lilac 72 5650 yards 67.7 118
Scorecard for The Fairways at West Terrace
Blue M: 70.8/124 354 366 516 145 525 379 171 368 383 3207 368 334 533 172 501 410 367 145 417 3247 6454
White M: 69.4/122 W: 75.0/135 345 358 469 136 506 358 164 349 370 3055 356 317 508 152 457 398 345 137 391 3061 6116
Red W: 68.8/125 273 306 404 126 421 314 145 280 304 2573 314 273 344 124 423 348 292 121 324 2563 5136

Year Built 1987
Architect Keith Hellstrom

Course in great shape

I've played this course numerous times. It isn't anything to write home about, but it is an enjoyable layout with lots of space, some challenging holes, is reasonably long, and the course is in especially great shape. I'd definitely recommend it for the price.

Risk vs Reward

A fun, links-style course, but despite that, bring some extra balls. The rough is very tall, and twelve of the eighteen holes have water hazards. This course has a lot of interesting risk/reward holes, especially on the back nine. Despite the high number of balls I lost, I still had much fun on this course. The greens were fast and tricky. You can also usually find deals for this course on Golfnow app.

Commented On 07/09/2019

Hi. Let us first start by thanking you for the great review. This is the experience we strive to provide. We partnered with GolfNow because we believe in offering our golfers the best opportunities in golf, whether that be with our website or our partner’s. We will continue to work hard and create an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Fairways. We hope to see you again soon.

#Golf

Commented On 06/26/2019

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for reviewing us and thanks for choosing Fairways!

#Golf

Nice Layout

Have played this course many times. Today the greens were very hard. and in need of water.

Commented On 06/06/2019

Thanks for the feedback. We have been preparing the course for the 56th Lilac City Invitational which starts today. We have 53 professionals entered in the event and they prefer fast and firm greens. As a result they are getting rolled on a daily basis and are putting around 12 on the stimpmeter. We are taking soil core samples daily and water is continuing to infiltrate down to the roots of the plant so they are still very healthy and green. They will return to their normal speeds and degree of softness next week. Thanks for choosing Fairways.

Commented On 05/29/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Fairways. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented On 05/08/2019

Hi. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Fairways. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Cold play maybe last round of season

I was sick had sinus infection but had to play on my birthday. Weather 40 degrees, fairways wet, golf great. Tried to hit the softest golf ball I had still lost maybe 20 yards, at least the greens were slower then normal. Had a farly nice game for this time of year. I hate to think I have to wait till next April to get back out there. Oh well...

Commented On 12/06/2018

Hi, Markus. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Fairways.

Response from Fairways Golf Course on 10/22/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon.
Response from Fairways Golf Course on 10/17/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Good and Plenty

The course is not easy or overly challenging. The fairways are firm and plenty wide. The greens are large, firm and roll quite nicely. I had a enjoyable time playing here and would recommend highly. As impressed as I was with the golf course I was equally impressed with the staff. They accommodated me quite nicely as a single player giving me the option to tee it up with others or go out by myself since they were not overly busy.

Response from Fairways Golf Course on 10/19/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! We're so glad you enjoyed your tee time. Please book another round with us soon.
Response from Fairways Golf Course on 10/12/2018:
Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Fairways.

Good round

It was raining when I first teed off. It would have been nice if the carts had the full wind screen instead of the half one.

Response from Fairways Golf Course on 10/12/2018:
Hello, Wil. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review, and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Not good not bad day

Most my game was good, but putting was off. It's hard to get putting down greens were fast. A light putt put me three foot past the hole or more if putting down hill. Which is disheartening when your on in two and three put. Ouch! But I still managed a 86 not good but not terrible, what can you do. I think a lot of it was attitude and my attitude was s@#t sorry to anyone around me. Please when you play this course or any course repair your divots on the green I must have repaired 15 or more.

Response from Fairways Golf Course on 10/10/2018:
Hi, Markus. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We have awesome short game clinics that can improve your putting. Visit our website at www.golfthefairways.com for more information, and please join us for another round soon. Thanks for choosing Fairways.

Played well not happy with all the mowers

This is a constant problem when playing a Fairways. Maintenance crews are ether mowing the greens or fairways while you are trying to play and not just on one hole your playing to but 6 or 7 of the holes during a round of golf. I had a good round maybe its because I have learned to tune out the sound of the mowers and expect to have to wait for a mower to clear the green or fairway before I can hit. But that shouldn't be the case Fairways is the only course I've played that you have to do that. I realize they have a tournament going on this week end and you want the course nice but at the cost of golfer who play the course two to three days a week. Come on!

Response from Fairways Golf Course on 09/27/2018:
Hello, Markus. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We appreciate your feedback, and we have shared your concerns with the appropriate staff. We hope you join us for another round soon. Thanks for choosing Fairways.

Iron's let me down

Had a good day my driving was good, most put's were good, just my short game was off. Trying to correct my iron shots just made it worse. It wasn't until I got back home and looked at a golf instruction video on YouTube that I realized what I had been doing wrong. Oh well next time I was only 7 strokes off of my average, but I could have been 6 or 7 strokes below if my short game was working. I did have a great par 5 on the back nine 12th hole. I was on in 3 and sunk a 22 foot put for birdie. That made the pain a little bit better to take. The next par 3 don't want to talk about it.

Response from Fairways Golf Course on 09/24/2018:
Hi, Markus. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. Did you know that the Fairways Golf Course offers instruction from PGA professionals? Stop by our pro shop for more information, and please join us for another round soon. Thanks for choosing Fairways.

Great Day

Didn't hit my iron's as well as i would have liked, but oh well such is golf. Next time will practice a little more.

Response from Fairways Golf Course on 09/20/2018:
Hello, Markus. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Why I play golf?

When I go out to play golf first I play for the exercise, second I play to improve my game, third I enjoy being out in nature the sounds smells etc.....My last two rounds at Fairways has been any thing but. Last week I played in the morning 10 of the 18 holes there was a mower on the green, or on the fairway, or a guy raking the sand traps. Sometimes all three were going on at the same time on the hole I was hitting to. Several times I had to yell and wave my arms just to get their attention. They were moving with me to the next hole almost all of the front nine. I though well they must be preparing for a tournament and didn't think to much about it. Until today almost the same thing happened except this time they were rolling the greens and mowing the fairways. One of the par three greens the sprinkler was on watering over the hole and the flag I was trying to put to. That was on the front nine. On the back nine two of the holes sprinklers were on in the fairway. One par 4 back nine the sprinkler's were on down the entire length of the fairway. I had to rush my second shot just to try not being sprayed by one or the other sprinkler and that didn't work clubs and I got wet . After the first 6 holes I put up my score card and said I will just enjoy the exercise and not deal with the frustration. Oh by the way I always fix my divots on the green but many are not, and on the par 5 fifth hole it looks like someone stuck the green with their iron and on the next hole tried to take iron shot on the green and left a scalp mark. I have been playing the game of golf off and on for over thirty years and respect the course, just wish other's would do the same.

Response from Fairways Golf Course on 09/12/2018:
Hello, Markus. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We have shared your concerns with the appropriate staff, and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Fairways.

Sunday morning golf

My brother in law and l had a great morning at Fairways.....the pro was very friendly....got the 2 of us out right away, ahead of several groups of 4. We played in just over 3 houŕs, great greens, super layout, traps could use some work; but overall a great golf experience.

Response from Fairways Golf Course on 09/12/2018:
We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we're glad you and your brother-in-law had a great time at the course, and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Fairways!

Would have been nice to know

Out of town visitor having never played here but had been told that the greens were fast. Called and spoke to find out availability and info. Was told to reserve online for best rate. A week later we show up to find out the greens had just been punched and sanded days earlier. Made for a miserable day on the greens. Made for what could have been a fun day in the sun a grind. Expect that if I take time to call, course should advise players of things like punched and sanded greens.

Response from Fairways Golf Course on 09/14/2018:
We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. It is our hope that all golfers are made aware of course maintenance ahead of time. We apologize if this did not happen with you. We'd like to offer you a free round as compensation for this oversight. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Please contact us via email and fairwaysgolfcourse@comcast.net. Please also request to speak with a manager. Thanks for choosing Fairways.
Nine Mile Falls, Washington