The Fairways Golf Course

Year Built 1987
Architect Keith Hellstrom

Great value for the money

I’m visiting from California and decided to bring my clubs. I played golf here the last two days. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The course is reasonably priced for the value. I would definitely golf here again if I’m ever back in the Spokane area.

Commented on 11/19/2019

Hello, we are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. We look forward to having you back whenever you are in the area again! We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at Fairways Golf Course.

Course in great shape

I've played this course numerous times. It isn't anything to write home about, but it is an enjoyable layout with lots of space, some challenging holes, is reasonably long, and the course is in especially great shape. I'd definitely recommend it for the price.

Commented on 07/25/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 07/26/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Fairways Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Risk vs Reward

A fun, links-style course, but despite that, bring some extra balls. The rough is very tall, and twelve of the eighteen holes have water hazards. This course has a lot of interesting risk/reward holes, especially on the back nine. Despite the high number of balls I lost, I still had much fun on this course. The greens were fast and tricky. You can also usually find deals for this course on Golfnow app.

Commented on 07/09/2019

Hi. Let us first start by thanking you for the great review. This is the experience we strive to provide. We partnered with GolfNow because we believe in offering our golfers the best opportunities in golf, whether that be with our website or our partner’s. We will continue to work hard and create an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Fairways. We hope to see you again soon.

#Golf

Commented on 06/26/2019

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for reviewing us and thanks for choosing Fairways!

#Golf

Nice Layout

Have played this course many times. Today the greens were very hard. and in need of water.

Commented on 06/06/2019

Thanks for the feedback. We have been preparing the course for the 56th Lilac City Invitational which starts today. We have 53 professionals entered in the event and they prefer fast and firm greens. As a result they are getting rolled on a daily basis and are putting around 12 on the stimpmeter. We are taking soil core samples daily and water is continuing to infiltrate down to the roots of the plant so they are still very healthy and green. They will return to their normal speeds and degree of softness next week. Thanks for choosing Fairways.

Commented on 05/29/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Fairways. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Fairways Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Commented on 05/08/2019

Hi. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Fairways. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Cold play maybe last round of season

I was sick had sinus infection but had to play on my birthday. Weather 40 degrees, fairways wet, golf great. Tried to hit the softest golf ball I had still lost maybe 20 yards, at least the greens were slower then normal. Had a farly nice game for this time of year. I hate to think I have to wait till next April to get back out there. Oh well...

Commented on 12/06/2018

Hi, Markus. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Fairways.

Response from on 10/22/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon.
Response from on 10/17/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Good and Plenty

The course is not easy or overly challenging. The fairways are firm and plenty wide. The greens are large, firm and roll quite nicely. I had a enjoyable time playing here and would recommend highly. As impressed as I was with the golf course I was equally impressed with the staff. They accommodated me quite nicely as a single player giving me the option to tee it up with others or go out by myself since they were not overly busy.

Response from on 10/19/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! We're so glad you enjoyed your tee time. Please book another round with us soon.
Response from on 10/12/2018:
Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Fairways.

Good round

It was raining when I first teed off. It would have been nice if the carts had the full wind screen instead of the half one.

Response from on 10/12/2018:
Hello, Wil. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review, and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Not good not bad day

Most my game was good, but putting was off. It's hard to get putting down greens were fast. A light putt put me three foot past the hole or more if putting down hill. Which is disheartening when your on in two and three put. Ouch! But I still managed a 86 not good but not terrible, what can you do. I think a lot of it was attitude and my attitude was s@#t sorry to anyone around me. Please when you play this course or any course repair your divots on the green I must have repaired 15 or more.

Response from on 10/10/2018:
Hi, Markus. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We have awesome short game clinics that can improve your putting. Visit our website at www.golfthefairways.com for more information, and please join us for another round soon. Thanks for choosing Fairways.

Played well not happy with all the mowers

This is a constant problem when playing a Fairways. Maintenance crews are ether mowing the greens or fairways while you are trying to play and not just on one hole your playing to but 6 or 7 of the holes during a round of golf. I had a good round maybe its because I have learned to tune out the sound of the mowers and expect to have to wait for a mower to clear the green or fairway before I can hit. But that shouldn't be the case Fairways is the only course I've played that you have to do that. I realize they have a tournament going on this week end and you want the course nice but at the cost of golfer who play the course two to three days a week. Come on!

Response from on 09/27/2018:
Hello, Markus. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We appreciate your feedback, and we have shared your concerns with the appropriate staff. We hope you join us for another round soon. Thanks for choosing Fairways.

Iron's let me down

Had a good day my driving was good, most put's were good, just my short game was off. Trying to correct my iron shots just made it worse. It wasn't until I got back home and looked at a golf instruction video on YouTube that I realized what I had been doing wrong. Oh well next time I was only 7 strokes off of my average, but I could have been 6 or 7 strokes below if my short game was working. I did have a great par 5 on the back nine 12th hole. I was on in 3 and sunk a 22 foot put for birdie. That made the pain a little bit better to take. The next par 3 don't want to talk about it.

Response from on 09/24/2018:
Hi, Markus. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. Did you know that the Fairways Golf Course offers instruction from PGA professionals? Stop by our pro shop for more information, and please join us for another round soon. Thanks for choosing Fairways.

Great Day

Didn't hit my iron's as well as i would have liked, but oh well such is golf. Next time will practice a little more.

Response from on 09/20/2018:
Hello, Markus. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Why I play golf?

When I go out to play golf first I play for the exercise, second I play to improve my game, third I enjoy being out in nature the sounds smells etc.....My last two rounds at Fairways has been any thing but. Last week I played in the morning 10 of the 18 holes there was a mower on the green, or on the fairway, or a guy raking the sand traps. Sometimes all three were going on at the same time on the hole I was hitting to. Several times I had to yell and wave my arms just to get their attention. They were moving with me to the next hole almost all of the front nine. I though well they must be preparing for a tournament and didn't think to much about it. Until today almost the same thing happened except this time they were rolling the greens and mowing the fairways. One of the par three greens the sprinkler was on watering over the hole and the flag I was trying to put to. That was on the front nine. On the back nine two of the holes sprinklers were on in the fairway. One par 4 back nine the sprinkler's were on down the entire length of the fairway. I had to rush my second shot just to try not being sprayed by one or the other sprinkler and that didn't work clubs and I got wet . After the first 6 holes I put up my score card and said I will just enjoy the exercise and not deal with the frustration. Oh by the way I always fix my divots on the green but many are not, and on the par 5 fifth hole it looks like someone stuck the green with their iron and on the next hole tried to take iron shot on the green and left a scalp mark. I have been playing the game of golf off and on for over thirty years and respect the course, just wish other's would do the same.

Response from on 09/12/2018:
Hello, Markus. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We have shared your concerns with the appropriate staff, and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Fairways.
Nine Mile Falls, Washington