View of the 10th green from EagleStick Golf Club

EagleSticks Golf Club tumbles across gently rolling farmland situated just outside of Zanesville. The constant up-and-down characterizes the course from the rolling fairways to the undulating greens. The total elevation changes amount to more than 100 feet. The hilly terrain is adorned with pristine forests of oak, maple, ash, oak, and walnut trees. Cascading waterfalls can be found throughout the golf course as well. There are scenic views everywhere but don't let that distract you, the challenging layout requires your full attention. There are 90 bunkers strategically situated along the fairways and greens. It's not particularly long at 6,500 yards from the back tees, it's a golf course that instead favors accuracy over power. The par-5 11th is EagleSticks Golf Club's signature hole. Starting with a daunting downhill plunge, there is a creek that splits the fairway and a stream that runs alongside the left approaching the green.

Eaglesticks Golf Club

Year Built 1990

Golf School Academy Yes - "Kelly Morrow Golf Academy"

Dress code No tank tops or cutoffs

Great course.

This was the first time playing this course. Was impressed with everything. Clubhouse and bar area were extremely nice. Course was very scenic. Look forward to playing there again

Commented on 05/29/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing @eaglesticksgolfclub.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Beautiful Course! Nice Staff!

This course is beautiful, the views are breathtaking, and it’s actually easy to score well! Challenging course but short, with 3 par threes on the back!

We drove an hour and a half to play this course and it was worth it! I would recommend this course to anyone! Unreal how little Zainesville has such nice golf courses!

The staff was awesome and very accommodating! I lost my wallet, it fell
out of the cart and someone found it, was nice enough to turn it in, and they mailed it to me! Great people!!!

Commented on 05/15/2020

Hello. We are beyond happy to hear you and your friends enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you. We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences @eaglesticksgolfclub.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Course was in great shape

Course was in great shape, fairways, tees and greens were all awesome. Pace of play was great.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hello, Jim. Thank you for reviewing the course. We're glad you found the pace of play excellent during your round. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We are glad to see you also rated the course conditions to be great during your game. Thank you for playing @eaglesticksgolfclub. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hi. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing @eaglesticksgolfclub.

Golf Day

My son and I wanted to to try out Eaglesticks and we had a great time! The course was in good shape. The greens were okay. But overall I we had a great time. Staff was very friendly. We will definitely go back and ply again!

Commented on 04/30/2020

Hi, Thomas. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @eaglesticksgolfclub!

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Best Kept Secret near Cbus!

We played Eaglesticks for the first time today and it definitely won’t be the last. The staff is incredibly friendly and the course is very well maintained. What it lacks in distance it makes up for with large undulating greens, and thick challenging rough. The course is hilly and stunningly beautiful. You would expect to pay twice as much for such a course, so it’s WELL WORTH the drive.

Commented on 04/27/2020

Hello. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @eaglesticksgolfclub!

Commented on 04/25/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We are so pleased that you made the trip from CBUS. We hope you will come back when the course is firm and fast, and in my opinion, the most fun! Until then,

Great elevation changes

The course was in good shape for this time of year. The elevation changes make for a challenging and scenic round of golf, everyone at the clubhouse was very helpful and extremely nice, it was a great day for early in the year golf. I will definitely go back. Beautiful course.

Commented on 04/27/2020

Commented on 04/25/2020

We hope we will see you again soon when the heat is turned up and the sun is out.

Commented on 04/17/2020

Thank you for the great review. Please come back when the course is hard and fast for maximum fun!

Commented on 04/13/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Tell us more about what you liked in the comments, and book another round with us soon! Thanks for choosing @eaglesticksgolfclub!

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Beautiful day to play a nice course

The course was as good as I remembered, and the weather was just as nice. Layout is great, par 3s are good, and the pace of play was solid. The only quibbles I would have are that the rough was very thick (probably too early to have mowed, especially considering the wet weather last week) and the fact that in my opinion the greens were mowed much too short. There really wasn’t any touch you could put on a putt. You either hit the correct line or you missed the putt, and the ball wasn’t stopping even close to where it should have. My rule of thumb is that if you notice the grains of sand on the green they mowed it too short. All together a great value for this course with the $18 hot rate. I’d definitely play here again. I’d just hope the greens rolled more true.

Kevin,

Thanks for the nice review. In response to your comments about the mowing height, it never chances. We keep the height of the mowers set the same all year long. What you were seeing was the remnants of a recent top dressing which will soon be gone and they will role great! Hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 04/06/2020

Hi, Kevin. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @eaglesticksgolfclub.

Great layout.

Wonderful for this time of year. The conditions were perfect for my game. The greens were recovering but no bird wast on the course.

Commented on 02/24/2020

Thank you for your review and 5-star rating. We will pass along your positive experience to our team @eaglesticksgolfclub. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 04/20/2020

Hello. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time @eaglesticksgolfclub. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Outstanding design, good condition

Eagle sticks is a golfers golf course. Overall conditions are good, but certainly not outstanding. Cart paths are actually poor. However, the greens are challenging , views are great, and course layout is superb. The par fives are among the toughest anywhere around, particularly now in the early spring when the ball does not roll out. Eagle sticks is always a fun course to play.

Commented on 04/20/2020

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @eaglesticksgolfclub.

Commented on 04/17/2020

Thanks for the nice review! Soon the course will firm up, which in my opinion doubles the fun! Hope to see you again soon.

Anonymous
Commented on 04/13/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're glad you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing @eaglesticksgolfclub!

The EAGLE HAS LANDED

Fantastic course. Fun layout and challenging for all golfers! Must play if you are in the area, especially for the value. Staff is always friendly.

Commented on 04/13/2020

Hello, Anthony. We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you. We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences @eaglesticksgolfclub.

Challenging yet playable

I really loved Eagle Sticks. Even in the month of December the course views and conditions were good. The course design was challenging and playable. Definitely worth it if you can snag a tee time.

Commented on 01/28/2020

Hello. We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences @eaglesticksgolfclub.

Great Course!

I usually play Salt Fork in Cambridge, which is always beautiful, but wanted to change up, great decision. The course had a beautiful layout.

So here are my complaints. It takes something special to get 5 Stars from me, so understand that first. I know the time of year was not peak season, but the practice tee was closed, the greens were a little bumpy and slow, due to aeration, it looked like, maybe two weeks prior, but in good shape, no bare spots.
Leaves, leaves, leaves. Did I mention leaves? I lost about 4 to 5 balls in the Fairway! I shot a 78 from the tips, but could have been a 73, because of taking drops for lost ball. Every golfer has excuses for their scores, cmon man! Haha Finding the tee boxes were somewhat confusing and a couple of holes I couldn't even find the gold tees. I know that seems minor, but I don't want confusion when playing golf, my golf game is confusing enough! I got my exercise, because it was cart path only and a little wet, not bad. If you are a 10 handicap or better, the tips are where you should play, only 6500 yards, I think. I wanted to have a drink in the awesome 19th hole and they didn't even have any single malt Scotch! Yes, you are probably thinking by now, this guy! Haha

Now, don't let my complaints make you think it was terrible, it was great. I would've liked to have seen the course in peak season, but I am from NC, so... I would have probably given them a 5 Star! If you like hilly terrain and I do, you will love this course. Most elevation change courses will leave you with bad sidehill lies, but this one seemed to leave me in a good position, except for the lost balls under the leaves! Haha

I choose alot of things based on reviews, so I hope this review helps you decide on your next golf trip.

Commented on 12/04/2019

Hi, J. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @eaglesticksgolfclub. We hope you will visit us whenever you're in the area.

Commented on 11/28/2019

JDawg,

First, thank you so much for all of the kind words. Also, thanks for the feedback. Your comments will keep us on our toes and striving for your next visit so we can hopefully get that elusive 5 stars from you. Come back in the summer months when you can enjoy the true character of this Hurdzan design. Hard and fast is when it is THE MOST FUN. Come see us again and stop in to introduce yourself!

PLAY EAGLESTICKS

Short and simple: Put Eaglesticks on the top of your courses to play in the 2020 season! Staff is SECOND TO NONE and the course is a blast whether you shoot 65 or 105 ! Take my word for it, you WONT regret it!

Commented on 11/11/2019

John,

Your kind words are appreciated! We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Commented on 11/11/2019

Hello, John. We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you so don't be a stranger. We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at @eaglesticksgolfclub.

PLAY HERE IF YOU Haven’t

Can’t say enough good things about Eaglesticks Golf Club! Great layout if you shoot 65 or 105! The staff at Eaglesticks is SECOND TO NONE! Make Eaglesticks a must play in 2020, you Won’t regret it!

Great course, excellent staff

This was my second time playing this course, the first being a year ago. I brought my high school girls golf team over for a practice round prior to their district tournament. The pace of play was a little slow, however I did see Tyler (assistant pro) come out and move groups along that fell behind. The course was in near excellent condition with noticeable improvements being made throughout the course (always makes me feel like I want to come back to see the improvements). I heard someone complain about the price ahead of me in the pro shop why I’m not sure. Between the practice facilities, the course and the friendly staff the rates are more than fair.
One thing I do want to highlight is Kelly and Tyler’s support of youth golf and development. These guys go above and beyond for my young ladies when we are there. I’m not sure you will find Pros more supportive of youth than these guys.
Give this place a chance, you won’t be disappointed!!!

Commented on 10/23/2019

Hello. We are beyond happy to hear you and your team enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you and the team. We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences @eaglesticksgolfclub.

#GirlsGolf
#inviteHER
#PlayLikeAGirl
#DayOfTheGirl

Commented on 10/20/2019

Birdiesandsermons,

We appreciate all of your great comments. We are also thankful that you recognized projects and improvements that we are working on currently. Also we are very appreciative of your work with Junior Golf. Without the kids we have no future in Golf and in life. Also we are very appreciative of your work with Junior Golf. Without the kids we have no future in golf and in life. Preach brother.

Pars and birdies

Kelly Morrow , PGA Professional

Jimmy Hanlin golf outing

I have played Eaglesticks several times and have never been disappointed. Our group participated in the Jimmy Hanlin outing and everyone had a great time. We drive several hours to play the course for events like this and the Nine Stars of Golf package on an annual basis.
I have talked with our local golf course owner about adopting some of the events and daily operations that Eaglesticks has but unfortunately it has fell on dead ears.
In a nutshell it all comes down to a friendly staff and providing a top notch experienceed everytime. Job well done to the staff at Eaglesticks!

Commented on 10/02/2019

Hello. We are beyond happy to hear you and your friends enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you all. We will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences @eaglesticksgolfclub.

Commented on 10/01/2019

Harold,

Be sure that we always anticipate your arrival and we love serving you! It is nice to know that you enjoy our product and the atmosphere that we strive to provide. We look forward to your return.

Zanesville, Ohio