Legion Memorial Golf Course

Scorecard for Legion Memorial Golf Course
Black M: 66.9/110 W: 72.3/122 435 262 325 518 163 380 443 346 258 3130 110 147 424 357 150 158 409 365 528 2648 5778
Blue M: 66.3/110 W: 71.4/120 424 262 320 518 163 370 425 336 230 3048 110 147 402 350 150 154 380 355 520 2568 5616
White M: 64.9/108 W: 69.6/115 388 262 315 495 137 339 388 309 200 2833 110 147 382 350 150 141 336 324 490 2430 5263
Gold M: 62.4/105 W: 66.2/108 367 262 281 456 110 319 354 296 165 2610 105 110 357 248 120 114 303 266 447 2070 4680
Red M: 60.7/97 W: 63.2/102 298 262 266 414 85 292 305 224 130 2276 105 110 307 248 120 94 282 238 411 1915 4191

Year Built 1933
Architect John Steidel Steve Burns (1999)

Poor weather

Drains well

A friend of mine wanted to play golf and I expected to be playing winter rules. But this wasn't the case, only lost 3 golf balls. One ball was plugged. This course was fairly dry even though it had been raining the last few days, there were no lakes in the middle of the course and the fairways were firm enough to wear golf shoes (I was expecting to wear rain boots). Wasn't muddy either Think I will play here more often. Course is fairly straight, so you could drive the greens

Great Course, Great Service because of the Staff, Good Restaurant with Outstanding Value... I just played the course today (Feb 8, 2015) It's about time I review Legion Golf Course... First, I have played Legion Memorial so many times I truly couldn't accurately even guess how many times I've played it. The Course: Legion Memorial Golf Course is in Everett Washington and it's simply the driest course in Snohomish County. The greens are always amazing and the Fairways even allow the ball to bounce even after a heavy rain. In the winter, the ruff is wet and slightly muddy although very playable. I mean really, it's a golf course in Washington State and between December and February - you won't be disappointed. However, you would/will be surprised and amazed with the consistent playability. Legion Memorial Golf Course isn't really a Secret to the locals and won't be to you either once you've experience it. At this point I'm mostly targeting the golfers in the surrounding greater Seattle area with this post. This course is wide open with and surprisingly challenging especially depending upon which tee boxes you choose to test you're talents from. On a 1 to 10... It's a solid year round 9. Especially in the Summer when everything is bouncing and rolling perfectly when it peaks to be an honest 10. The more I play there, the more I want to play there... The Service & Staff: I'm a picky guy. I expect good old fashioned service from every business I visit and usually am seriously disappointed. The consistency of outstanding service at Legion Memorial that I and everyone I know who plays this course presently are eager to return to simply because the service is so much better than any other course around. A close second to Legion Memorial is The Golf Club at Newcastle while that course is $150 to play a single round so the service should be top shelf. I truly believe the Staff at Legion Memorial sets the standards for all other golf courses to follow. If I had a golf course in the area, I'd try to snap up every employee at Legion Memorial that I could and pay them double. When you arrive at the Pro Shop, they are eager to help, care and are happy that you are there to play their course. The employees treat you as a friend and want you to be happy. The marshals actually take care of anything and everything. If you are part of a slow play group... You are on notice in the friendliest way possible. The marshals joke and keep close track of you as an individual within your group. You are taken care of. The Restaurant: Okay, it's a municipal golf course... The restaurant is way above average. The breakfasts are solid and the Hamburgers are really good with lots of French fries. What do you want...? It's way above average. The people in the kitchen are on top of it. It doesn't surprise me that they are always busy. The food is a very good value. The jam is really good and seems to be homemade and is a must for the toast. Overview: This course is managed by a company named Premier. Premier offers free memberships that provides discounts then they provide even larger discounts the more you play any of their courses that they manage - a good value. I've been to several other courses and understand that the Golf business is tuff. Of all of the Premier properties, Legion Memorial is the one outshines them all. The Staff should easily get a salary increase because of the consistent quality of service, quality of playability and Value. Walter Hall is the other golf course in Everett Washington that is managed by Premier. They do a great job as well although, as i said - Legion sets the standards... Do yourself a favor... Drive past Jackson, Jefferson, Bellevue, Snohomish, Kayak and Willows Run... You'll be glad you did. Welcome to you're new go to Golf Course destination... I play to a +3 handicap and am 55 year old male. Even I find this course challenging even though it is an open course to play. SO, Go... Spend Part of the Day. You'll be Happy you Did. Enjoy

Great Course, Great Service of the Staff, Good Restaurant with Outstanding Value... It's about time I review Legion Golf Course... First, I have played here so many times I truly couldn't accurately even guess how many times I've played it. The Course: It's simply the driest course in Snohomish County. The greens are always amazing and the Fairways even get the ball to bounce on them after a heavy rain. In the winter, the ruff is wet and slightly muddy although very playable. I mean really, it's a golf course in Washington State and between December and February - you won't be disappointed. However, you would / will be surprised and amazed with the consistent playability. Legion Memorial Golf Course isn't really a Secret to the locals. And won't be to you either. I'm mostly targeting the players in the surrounding the greater Seattle area. The course is wide open and surprisingly challenging depending upon which tee boxes you choose to test you're talents from. On a 1 to 10... It's a solid year round 9. Especially in the Summer when everything is bouncing and rolling perfectly when it peaks to a honest 10. The more I play here, the more I want to play here. The Service & Staff: I'm a picky guy. I expect good old fashioned service from every business I visit and usually am seriously disappointed. The consistency of outstanding service at Legion Memorial that I and everyone I know who plays this course are eager to return because the service is so much better than any other course around. A close second is The Golf Club at Newcastle while that course is $150 to play so the service should be top shelf. I truly believe the Staff at Legion Memorial sets the standards for all other courses to follow. If I had a golf course in the area, I'd snap up every employee at Legion Memorial and pay them double. When you arrive at the Pro Shop, they are eager to help, care and are happy that you are there to play their course. The employees treat you as a friend and want you to be happy. The marshals actually take care of anything and everything. If you are part of a slow play group... You are on notice in the friendliest way possible. The marshals joke and keep close track of you as an individual within your group. You are taken care of. The Restaurant: Okay, it's a municipal golf course... The restaurant of way above average. The breakfasts are solid and the Hamburgers are really good with lots of French fries. What do you want...? It's way above average. The people in the kitchen are on top of it. It doesn't surprise me that they are always busy. The food is a very good value. The jam is really good and seems to be homemade and is a must for the toast. Overview: This course is managed by a company named Premier. Premier offers free memberships that provides discounts that provide larger discounts the more you play any of their courses that they manage - a good value. I've been to the other courses and understand that the Golf business is tuff. Of all of the Premier properties... This one outshines them all. The Staff should easily get a salary increase because of the consistent quality of service, quality of playability and Value. Walter Hall is the other golf course that is managed by Premier. They do a great job as well although, as i said - Legion sets the standards... Do yourself a favor... Drive past Jackson, Jefferson, Bellevue and Snohomish, Kayak and especially Willows Run... You'll be glad you did. Welcome to You're new go to Golf Course... I play to a +3 handicap and am 55 year old male. I find this course still challenging even though is an open course. SO, Go... Spend the Day. You'll be Happy you Did.

Snohomish, Washington