Nile Shrine Golf Club

Year Built 1968
Architect Norman H. Woods (1968)

Carts Yes - $30

Slow going

I've played Nile many times. In my opinion, it is getting way too crowded and slow to recommend. For a short course it should not take almost 5 hours to get in a round.

Commented on 11/07/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and we are glad to see you rated the course conditions to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Nile Shrine Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Very slow today

I don’t know why slow today and takes more than 4h 50m long. Too many fairway was wet too much and unplayable condition even balls are plugged in the fairway a lots.

But, I love this courses and wishing to play here often in the future.

Commented on 09/09/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Nile Shrine Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Always Fun at Nile but don't be fooled!

Looking at the scorecard it is easy to dismiss this golf course. Back to back driveable par fours to start? 5 par 3's? Nothing over 400 yards all day.....but Nile makes up for it with a good layout, well kept and speedy Greens and enough trouble to derail the off course shot. It can be overpowered (long hitters can hit 3 woods into 3 par fours) but being too long in spots can bite you if your bomb goes a little off course. The 3rd hole is a heck of a par 4. Dog legs off the tee, with hazards right and OB left. You have to play about a 210 yard draw, followed by a 170 yard second that has to come in high, but is guarded by trees left. The green plays slightly longer than the distance. #5 is another dog leg that if you go 210 your perfect...but 220 off the tee will careen and land you in the hazard as the hill rolls away. #6 requires a good high cut then a short approach to a green that runs away from you. After a three club length green par three (seriously, anyone ever get it all the way back here?) with an entry road full of on lookers left and pine trees tightening any stray, you get the one BIG BOY DRIVER HOLE #8. You can let it rip and you better....there is a creek that fronts the green and eats Pro v1s for lunch. The 10-11-12 stretch links shorter par fours to tricky greens. Approach shots are usually with 9-PW-GW on 10 and 11, with about a 7 iron into 12. The green on #12 in particular is long and narrow, with extreme fall off to each side and a severe false front and a ridge half way. If you can make 3's on the short par fours, save those up to spend on the 6's and 7's this hole can put on your card. #16 is another, slight right to left dogleg with trouble in the approach shots way at about 225 off the tee. #17 is a shorter hole but the green has extremely sloped from right to left and back to front....don't go long. The day Ends with a tough, uphill 165 yard par three to a diabolical putting surface. . At the end of every round at Nile I stand on that green and gaze at the course and think.....this little puppy kicked my butt again. Hit is 220 with a slgiht draw all day and control 50-110 yard approach shots to under the hole and you can eat this place up. The rest of us, be ready to be humbled a bit at the Nile.

A Day at Nile Shrine

We had a nice morning outing at Nile Shrine. We walked,
but there are some fairly serious hills to climb, notably
between holes 9-11. The course was in very good condition, the balls rolled well on the greens, and course maintenance in general was very good. The pace of play
on this day was excellent. Nile is not as long as some courses, but it offers interesting golf for players of most handicaps. Restaurant food quality is very good. Nile Shrine is one of the best values in the greater Seattle area.

Cold morning

Nile is in really great shape. Have not golfed there in 10 years as I am a member at a course on Whidbey Island. Recommend highly

NIce round

Lots of fun and variety! Good course condition for Spring in Seattle and wonderful staff and restaurant. Great value for the money!

Would be nice to know

Nice short course, but would have been nice to know that greens has been sanded that day, that morning. Some of greens were just miserable others just ok but truly not something you qant to find out qhwn you get there but shiuld have been told as the "why there is a discount" and at $25 for this course not really a great deal considering the condition.

Bogey Brothers

Had a great time. Gave my buddy a shellacking that he might never recover from, but after countless beat downs he still musters up the courage to pick up a golf club again, so we’ll definitely be coming back.

Winter Golf in Seattle

The course was in good condition considering it is January in Seattle. Some wet spots in the fairways but not too much plugging. Was cold in the morning so temporary greens the first few holes, changed to the regulation greens around noon. NOTE: The restaurant is currently closed Monday and Tuesday!!

Great Winter Golf

Had a great day out on the course today. Course was in great shape, didn't see any areas that needed attention and the grass had been mowed recently which was great because it keeps the rough playable instead of having to try and hack out. Even the bunkers were reasonably soft, which was surprising because you don't often find that this time of year in Seattle.

The only downside was the pace of play, the front 9 took 2.5 hours because of the group in front of us. By hole 5 we began spending considerable time waiting for them, by hole 6 the groups began piling up behind us as well due to this, which was pretty frustrating. Ended up calling the marshall who spoke to the group, the group still didn't allow anyone to play through. We ended up passing them at the turn since they stopped for hotdogs. For a course that is short the pace of play is usually my only issue. I understand the course has a more relaxed attitude, which is fine, but pace of play keeps me from playing here more as I can't always dedicated 5-6 hours to a round of golf.

Still love the course though!

Beautiful day, soggy course today

This is a very nice local public course with some small challenges that are fun to attack. Unless you are a perfect placement hitter, you will have some placement issues, but that is what makes it fun.

Only negative is that, although the course was fairly soggy and carts were restricted to cart path, some golfers are allowed to have "mobility flags" that allow them to drive onto the turf. They should NOT BE ALLOWED to do this as it is so damaging to the course!

This is bad management!

If I could only putt.......

Fairways and greens are in great shape.. I three putted 7 holes just from lack of focus.
will definitely come back.

Good course for the money.

The course is ok , just a little bit on the slower side..
over all rating is sarisfactory. Will play again.

I need a hat !

Nile is a weekend duffers course, great fun! ... plenty of novice golfers, but great fun !

Response from on 10/15/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Nile again

Took 5 hours but we were never waiting or rushed so not sure why it was slow. Several wet spots on the course even with our lack of rain. Course in great shape, especially the greens.

Response from on 09/10/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Nile Shrine Golf Course in the Snohomish County area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the greens. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Short, Challenging, and Fun

It's short (5000 yards) but the narrow fairways and hilly terrain make it challenging, but not too difficult to enjoy.

Lynnwood, Washington
Kenmore, Washington
Mill Creek, Washington
Mukilteo, Washington
Redmond, Washington
Kingston, Washington

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.