Port Townsend Golf Course offers one of the best values on the Olympic Peninsula. It is located in the heart of the historic Victorian Port. The nine-hole layout has a classic design that will appeal to players of all skill levels. The course features small greens that are all bordered by trees, sand traps, or both. Bunkers can also be found along the fairways. Though it may just be nine holes, don't underestimate this course. There is a surprising amount of variety and enough challenges to please even low handicappers including dogleg holes and water hazards. The landscape also provides a variety of elevation changes, making flat lies hard to come by. Though it has more bite than your average nine-hole golf course, Port Townsend is player friendly enough for beginners to gain some confidence.

Port Townsend Golf Club

Year Built 1923

Restaurant

Solid choice for the day

Good solid course for the money! Wide fairways and greens are challenging

Commented on 07/07/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Port Townsend Golf Club.

Upgraded amenities

When I played here last week, I saw that they had added a restaurant to the clubhouse but I couldn’t talk my playing partner into trying it out. Yesterday, I was with someone else so we stopped after nine holes for lunch. The food was good, the price was reasonable, and the service was friendly.

Updated amenities

I’ve played here for years, but not since last fall. . Today I found that they had added a nice little restaurant in the clubhouse. The menu was comparable with other courses and the service was great. The course has always been a good value for the price and this just makes it nicer.

Round August 17th

Decent round. My first nine went well, and then I teamed up with a few other players my second nine but didn't do so well. But I still had fun regardless.

poor everything

Greens were very poor shape could not putt on some of them rough not cut bumpy. rented cart very poor condition seats tour up dirty broken windshield hole in it staff was very unfriendly. total a waste of time and money.

Good for the money

The first time on this course is a little confusing. Once you understand that it's a nine hole course with 18 tee boxes, it is more understandable. Therefore, there are 18 tee boxes signs with different yardages. You run across these signs for the back nine while playing the front 9.
I would have preferred the fairways mowed a little more closely, and those prolific little white daisies, while not unique to this course, make locating your ball a real challenge.
It's a nice local course and I'll be back. Excellent value.

Golf round march 9th

Got a quick instruction on my swing and used it to play the round. Can say that my overall round was a LOT better.

Great value,friendly staff,fun 9 hole course

It's always a fun & enjoyable course.The staff is always very helpful.The greens were in really good shape for this time of year.Pace was very slow because of people practicing for a tournament the next day, thankfully I had taken the day off of work so I was in no hurry at all. I always feel very welcome here.Thank you,Gabe. I will be back soon.

Commented on 03/12/2018

Thanks RandallP1! We are thrilled to hear that you had a great time with us out on the course! We hope to have you back very soon for some more fun!

Good layout

I enjoy this course. It is hilly and has lots of trees (so many that I carry a 1-iron so I can keep my shots under the branches when I stray from the middle of the fairway). There are only 9 holes with different tees for the back 9, but there’s still more variety than in 18-holes courses I’ve played in flatter parts of the country. It stays surprisingly dry considering the wet winter weather. It’s not manicured and the amenities are limited and rustic, but I consider it a great value.

Commented on 03/12/2018

Hi Gary2979140! Thanks for the review! Glad you have a great time out on the course! Hope to see you back out here again very soon!

Commented on 01/25/2018

Thanks Gary2979140 for the review! We appreciate the time you took to give some tips and feeback. Greatly appreciated! Hope to see you back out on the course some more this year!

Course in surprisingly good condition

I enjoy this hilly, tree-filled course, but was a little concerned after a week of rain. However, the fairways and greens were in relatively good condition, and my shoes weren’t muddy after 18 holes. I was surprised so few people were on the course. I’m sure that this is the driest course in the area at this time of the year.

Great round of golf!

Much better day today. Fairways were cut, making for a better round. Pace was great, and I felt like all my clubs did fairly better today.

Commented on 01/25/2018

Thanks u198274323! Glad you enjoyed your time out on the course! Hope to have you back for another great round soon!

Play Review

Despite my driver club was not working for me during the round, I still had a lot of fun.

Commented on 01/25/2018

Thanks u198274323! We are happy to hear you had some fun with us! Hope you'll be back for more great rounds this year!

PT Golf Course is Awesome!

This is basically my home course that I play. It is challenging, but every time I go there I get better and better. I usually try to come to this course around twice a week. Aside from some areas have fair to poor conditions, that doesn't bother me. Love the course as a while and will continue to play here.

Commented on 08/24/2017

Hi u198274323! Thank you for the review! We appreciate the feedback, and we are thrilled to hear that you enjoy your time with us! See you back out here again soon!

Course is harder than it looks

This course may look easy because of its hole location, but it will throw you off almost every single time. Lots of fun, and I would easily love to play here again.

Commented on 06/15/2017

Hi u98274323. We are happy to hear you had fun out on the course! We can't wait to have you back out here again soon!

Local Gem

Great inexpensive hometown course.. nothing fancy.. felt like I was in someones back yard.. very friendly staff.. clearly a neighborhood 'hangout"..

Commented on 09/09/2016

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback! We truly appreciate the support of our community. Hope to have you back soon!

Poor condition

I think this course could be good rather than just fair if that committed to a rehab and maintenance program for greens. I have seen the mold etc on greens before and know it can be solved with appropriate chemicals etc. but it requires commitment to a regime and sticking to it

Commented on 08/24/2016

Thank you for the feedback. We have been working to better our greens and you're absolutely right -- it takes time and commitment which we are actively putting in and working toward improving. We hope you'll visit again.

a good afternoon

Out of the three courses in our area this by far the the dryer of the three

Commented on 03/07/2016

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our course! We hope to see you soon, cheers!

Port Townsend, Washington