Par 3 at Jefferson Park Golf Club

White M: 26.1/82 W: 27.0/84 93 86 123 129 155 149 142 212 136 1225 1225
Handicap 9 8 4 3 5 2 6 1 7
Par 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 27 27

Year Built 1915
Architect Tom Bendelow (1915)

It is what it is

In the two years since I picked up the game again I've only played here first-out, so I cannot comment on the pace of play on a Saturday afternoon, but I can say I flew through as only the frowning and scowling ground crew were ahead of me.

It's a Seattle muni through and through. Depending on when you play all conditions could be spotty, but today the greens were in pretty good shape and the course was cut to the appropriate lengths. The hills make the course more tiring to walk than some other tracks I've played, but they also make it interesting and add to the moderate challenge.

Fairways are generous and if you hit them you will have a good lie.

Bunkers were surprisingly full of sand but none were raked and they were full of prints.

My only complaints about the course are how they butchered holes 11 and 12, which were the best par 4 and 3 on the course. Someone should tell the residents that the course and therefore errant golf shots have been there for 100 years. If you live near a golf course this is what you get.

Condition and pace can be terrible, so be mindful of when you play, but I really enjoyed myself this morning.

Congestion in the city

This was my first time playing at Jefferson Park. It might be my last... at least on a weekend. It was the slowest round I've ever played, clocking in at just under 6 hours. I also had difficulty making a tee time. I called early in the morning 2 weeks prior to the tee time and there were very few openings. Other than that, the course was so-so. The layout was boring on the front 9 and only got a little better on the back. The condition was average for a municipal course. I thought it was a little overpriced. The driving range is new and it was very nice. The mats were in good shape and it's looking straight at the Seattle skyline. The best part about this course is the convenient location. But next time I think I'd spend a little more time driving for a more interesting course (and hopefully less congested).

Tukwila, Washington