1.7

Year Built 1929
Architect Bill Ross

Great Course-Slow Play

Wandermere Golf Course was THEE course that got me interested in golf. I golfed once a year in a charity event-the National Rehabilitation Association and though I played horribly, everyone at the Pro Shop and running the event was always friendly and helpful. After my third year, I decided to get my own clubs, and I was hooked.

We played on a Friday, July 12th, after a tournament and it seemed very disorganized. We had to wait twenty minutes for cart because they didn’t have enough-I am not sure why you would open your course to the public knowing you wouldn’t have enough carts? Once we got our cart, the rate of play was painfully slow. At one point, we were stacked up three groups deep at the 7th waiting for a pair of old ladies who were walking-and probably should have been in a cart-to finish their play. Three hours on the front nine. Ouch! No Marshall in sight? The back nine was better just over two hours.

The tournament on the 16th also had some slow players on the front nine, but again, seemed to speed up. Friday it was hot and dry, and Tuesday, we had a massive downpour at team time and in both instances, the greens and fairways were in excellent shape and played well.
Once of my favorite courses, and you can’t beat the price, especially compared to the county courses!

Best Amateur Tourney I've played in a long time..

Play in the Wandermere Amateur if you can! The course's complexity level isn't what makes this place, the 19th hole and the course's condition (greens were in excellent shape in August) make this place. Plus the staff are very friendly. Just make sure to hit range balls at the par 3 up the road before coming out to play, they don't have a driving range...

Nine Mile Falls, Washington
Deer Park, Washington

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.